Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Man sentenced to death for shooting intruder

Discussion in 'News' started by Harvey Wallbanger, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

fromwhatisliberalism.com

AT 11:00PM ON DECEMBER 26, 2001...
    Members of the Prentiss, Mississippi police force and the Pearl River Basin Narcotics Task Force conducted a drug raid on the duplex apartment of Jamie Smith. Cory Maye lived in the other apartment that made up the duplex. Maye was not named in the police warrant for the duplex. Smith was arrested for marijuana possession. As the raid on Smith commenced, some officers went around to the other side of the duplex, in search of more contraband. They either thought the other side of the duplex was part of Smith's apartment, or they may have thought it was abandoned. The door was actually a door to Maye's home. Maye was asleep and awoke when he heard the rear door being smashed in. The rear door opened into the rear bedroom where Maye's 18 month old daughter was asleep. Fearing for himself and his daughter, Maye picked up his gun and fired at the intruders as they came into his daughter's bedroom. A bullet hit and killed the first officer to enter, Ronald Jones. When other officers shouted "Police," Maye ceased firing and surrendered to arrest. Maye is now on death row for the killing of a police officer.

There are a lot more details here. This sounds like a pretty fucked up situation.

2. tsuifuku

tsuifuku Junior Member

Editorial on the story

I could've swore i read about this several years ago. Anywhoo, this is what they call A TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE.

3. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

4. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

wow...thats really fucked up.
    someone breaks down my door...I'd shoot first and ask questions later too.

5. swedish erotica

swedish erotica Banned

hate to be redundant but man that sucks.
    how come the guy who shot tie aint behind bars, or better yet why aint this guy free.

6. Ishbel Bullen

Ishbel Bullen Junior Member

7. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

wait isnt that how tie died? didnt that guy get off with no charges? double standards anyone?

8. grc

grc Member

9. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

Tie wasn't a cop who testified a completely different story than the defendant. Shit is bunk.

10. bobthedestroyer

bobthedestroyer New Jack

There are 3 sides to every story. Obviously if the guy's story is true this is the most fucked up thing that could happen (legally they had no warrant so going into that apartment was illegal and therfore the shooting would have been justified no matter what). If what the cops say is true that they announced themselves over and over again then the whole "rightness" of the issue is changed... who the fuck knows.

For the record... just because someone has no criminal record does not mean they are not criminals... it just means they haven't been caught...

11. Lonesome Cowboy Bill

Lonesome Cowboy Bill Member

12. Ishbel Bullen

Ishbel Bullen Junior Member

bleeding hearts. and where i live the cops can come into your apartment without a warrant if they suspect a criminal act has occured/is occuring at that time.

13. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Unless you're from Mississippi, I don't see how that's relevant.

And for the record, no, this is not how Tie died. Tie never entered, nor tried to enter, his murderer's apartment. He was shot in the back of the head while climbing a fire escape. (I do understand the point of comparing the incidents, but I just want to make the facts clear.)

14. villain

villain Veteran Member

Why do I keep hearing about cops breaking into the wrong place? That's a hell of a mistake to make. You'd think they would double, even triple check these things.

15. bobthedestroyer

bobthedestroyer New Jack

The information given most of the times is by rival drug dealers to take people out... makes confusion. Also many broke ass houses in run down hoods don't have any type of ID... thirdly what you have to do during a no-knock warrant is show up and be inside in 60 seconds. Not that easy.... mistakes do happen.