1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Man killed in drain horror

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by podrido, May 31, 2003.

1. podrido

podrido 12oz Veteran Member

Man killed in drain horror

Discussion started by podrido - May 31, 2003

By MIKE DARVILL

A MAN has been found dead stuck upside down in a drain after trying to find his lost mobile.

Kevin McKeon, 25, dropped the phone down the kerb grate as he walked home from a pub late at night.

He lifted the cover and put his head down the 18in square drain.

Kevin is thought to have slipped into the 6ft deep hole and got stuck with his head underwater.

His body was spotted by a motorist when his headlights caught Kevin’s white trainers sticking out of the hole. Retired docker Brian Wilkinson, 65, said: “I thought it was kids messing about. I kicked the trainers and shouted.

“A young chap came along with a dog and I think he thought I was drunk. When he saw the trainers he said he thought it was a teenage prank — but then said it was someone’s leg. We pulled the body out together. He was wet from the waist down.”

The other man, Jamie Passmore, said he had first thought the trainers were on the end of broomsticks as a practical joke.

A post mortem found bachelor Kevin, an installation worker, died of asphyxiation near his home in Bishop’s Hull, Taunton, Somerset.

An inquest has been adjourned.

Kevin was yesterday mourned by his parents, two brothers and a sister. Tearful mum Carol, 53, said: “It was a nice mobile phone and I suppose he was trying to get it back. He was a lovely kid and had everything to live for.”

Dad Sean, 54, said: “He thought the drop was just a couple of feet, but in this case it was six feet, half filled with water.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-20032...3250479,00.html

:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :lol:

podrido - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

vinyl junkie - Replied May 31, 2003

i had to pull some dumb shit kid out of a sewer grate that he opened last night... he smelled fucking horrible... i hate my job sometimes...

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

ctrl+alt+del - Replied May 31, 2003

thats sad. to die for a phone. what a moron. feel bad for the fam though.

4. beans

beans 12oz Member

beans - Replied May 31, 2003

...fuckin cellphones.:nope:

beans - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. Jackson

Jackson 12oz Veteran Member

Jackson - Replied May 31, 2003

Thats what theyre like in somerset, near Glastonbury... bunch of hippy phone worshipers...

Jackson - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. Rectum

Rectum 12oz Senior Member

Rectum - Replied May 31, 2003

i read a simliar story a couple of months ago tht happened in Africa.
    A buissness woman dropped her mobile into a pit latrine and offered the huge reward of $10 US dollars for its retrieval. The first villager who went into the pit toilet passed out due to the noxious fumes and drowned in the shite that was in there, he was then followed by two more villagers who tried to get him out, unfortunately they both also met the same fate....only in Africa

Rectum - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. toad_AAA

toad_AAA 12oz Member

toad_AAA - Replied May 31, 2003

hahahahhahahaha

toad_AAA - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied May 31, 2003

thats a terrible way to die, upside down, a couple feet away from life giving oxygen

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  9. mogilny

mogilny 12oz Senior Member

mogilny - Replied May 31, 2003

what a waste...

mogilny - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: