Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MAN KILLED BY 23,000 SPLIFFS

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Rodney Trotter, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter Senior Member

Jan 20 2004

`First Brit' to die of dope poisoning

By Richard Smith

A YOUNG man has died from cannabis poisoning after smoking around 23,000 joints.

Experts believe Lee Maisey, 36, is the first Briton to die as a direct result of taking the drug.

Cannabis will be downgraded from a class B to a class C illegal drug by the Government on January 29. The move means ost small-scale users will be let off with a warning.

Lee moked around six joints a ay for 11 years, an nquest heard. A pal found him dead last August on the living room floor of the house they shared.

Lee had complained of a headache the day before. But coroner Michael Howells said he as free from disease.

The cause of Lee's death was listed as ''cannabis toxicity'' after a post mortem revealed high levels in his blood. The inquest recorded a verdict of death by misadventure because of his illegal drug use.

Experts warned after the case in Pembroke, Wales that cannabis can be much more powerful than users think.

Dr Philip Guy, an addictions expert at Hull University, said yesterday: ''Cannabis is not the nice hippy drug it used to be. It is a lot stronger nowadays.''

Dr Guy added that people who ate the drug rather than smoked it were more at risk.

''If you eat a large amount of cannabis it can be deadly, '' he said. ''I would not be surprised if in this case the deceased had ingested a fatal amount.''

Cannabis has been linked to suicides and fatal accidents. But Lee's case is the first where it has been listed as a direct cause of death.

The Government has always insisted that cannabis is harmful and should not be used.

But Home Secretary David Blunkett says he is downgrading it to class C to help police focus on more dangerous drugs like heroin and crack cocaine.

Blunkett said this week: ''I want to get people off trying cannabis, but I want the education message to be clear: Don't pretend cannabis and crack are the same. They are not.''

link

2. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

is this the 1st guy ever in the world
    or the first "brit?"

3. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

I refuse to be believe he actually died from the weed....

4. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

haha what bullshit.... it looks like a stoned person typed that article.... mispellings and all..

5. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

11 joints a day for 6 years, thats a lot of wasted money

edit

6 joints a day for 11 years is a lot of wasted money, got-damn i cant believe i mixed that up. Morning classes....eh

6. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

you read really, really, really good.

7. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

what a crock of bullshit. the doc is unaware what the man died of, finds pot in his system, then comes to the conclusion that he od'd on marijuana? nobody has ever died from smoking too much pot. NOBODY.

fuck you brits.

8. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

9. Overtime

and spliffs, hahahha

10. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

maybe if he smoked all 23,000 joints in one sitting !!!!!

now i could see him dying due to lack of nutrition, or dehydration after too many munchies and not enough water, or even cancer from all the smoke .... but straight thc .... i doubt it.

besides that .... how much smaller is the fatal dose of alcohol ?

lets see
    for alcohol: Fatal dose for an adult is 300 - 500 mls of pure ethanol

There are 300 mls of pure ethanol in 750 mls of normal strength (40% or 70° proof in the UK) spirits i.e. a little over a standard 700 ml bottle in the UK and Europe

A standard bottle in the US (a fifth) is 750 ml. This is a little more than in Europe

The degree proof method of measuring alcohol content differs between Europe and the US, 70° Proof alcohol in Europe is 80° Proof alcohol in the US

Ethanol is more toxic to women than men

for cannabis : Tolerance increases slowly. No known lethal dose.

11. $360

$360 Elite Member

BOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOO *throws popcorn*

12. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

Lets make brownies !!!!!!!

If you take it orally, you could be in for quite a ride. The liver metabolises THC into 11-OH-*9-THC, a compound three times more psychoactive. Oral cannabis is a powerful, almost psychedelic experience, very uncomfortable if you're not expecting it. The effects are slower to come on (1 to 2 hours) and last considerably longer (around 4 hours)

13. Overtime

catches popcorn, but still boooooooos

14. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

I don't know if I believe this shit.

15. Coffie Crave

Coffie Crave Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.