MAN KILLED BY 23,000 SPLIFFS

Rodney Trotter

Jan 20 2004

`First Brit' to die of dope poisoning

By Richard Smith

A YOUNG man has died from cannabis poisoning after smoking around 23,000 joints.

Experts believe Lee Maisey, 36, is the first Briton to die as a direct result of taking the drug.

Cannabis will be downgraded from a class B to a class C illegal drug by the Government on January 29. The move means ost small-scale users will be let off with a warning.

Lee moked around six joints a ay for 11 years, an nquest heard. A pal found him dead last August on the living room floor of the house they shared.

Lee had complained of a headache the day before. But coroner Michael Howells said he as free from disease.

The cause of Lee's death was listed as ''cannabis toxicity'' after a post mortem revealed high levels in his blood. The inquest recorded a verdict of death by misadventure because of his illegal drug use.

Experts warned after the case in Pembroke, Wales that cannabis can be much more powerful than users think.

Dr Philip Guy, an addictions expert at Hull University, said yesterday: ''Cannabis is not the nice hippy drug it used to be. It is a lot stronger nowadays.''

Dr Guy added that people who ate the drug rather than smoked it were more at risk.

''If you eat a large amount of cannabis it can be deadly, '' he said. ''I would not be surprised if in this case the deceased had ingested a fatal amount.''

Cannabis has been linked to suicides and fatal accidents. But Lee's case is the first where it has been listed as a direct cause of death.

The Government has always insisted that cannabis is harmful and should not be used.

But Home Secretary David Blunkett says he is downgrading it to class C to help police focus on more dangerous drugs like heroin and crack cocaine.

Blunkett said this week: ''I want to get people off trying cannabis, but I want the education message to be clear: Don't pretend cannabis and crack are the same. They are not.''

link

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

maybe if he smoked all 23,000 joints in one sitting !!!!!

now i could see him dying due to lack of nutrition, or dehydration after too many munchies and not enough water, or even cancer from all the smoke .... but straight thc .... i doubt it.

besides that .... how much smaller is the fatal dose of alcohol ?

lets see

for alcohol: Fatal dose for an adult is 300 - 500 mls of pure ethanol

There are 300 mls of pure ethanol in 750 mls of normal strength (40% or 70° proof in the UK) spirits i.e. a little over a standard 700 ml bottle in the UK and Europe

A standard bottle in the US (a fifth) is 750 ml. This is a little more than in Europe

The degree proof method of measuring alcohol content differs between Europe and the US, 70° Proof alcohol in Europe is 80° Proof alcohol in the US

Ethanol is more toxic to women than men

for cannabis : Tolerance increases slowly. No known lethal dose.

Lets make brownies !!!!!!!

If you take it orally, you could be in for quite a ride. The liver metabolises THC into 11-OH-*9-THC, a compound three times more psychoactive. Oral cannabis is a powerful, almost psychedelic experience, very uncomfortable if you're not expecting it. The effects are slower to come on (1 to 2 hours) and last considerably longer (around 4 hours)

How can they explain what killed him? Besides the fact he had high levels of THC in his blood.... half the people on here probably have high levels of THC in their blood. People have been smoking marijuana have been smoking marijuana for hundreds of years and no one has ever died from a lethal dose, why would it happen now? Who ever did the autopsy is a lazy fuck

• 5 weeks later...
Guest kidlugz

i ate a handful of weed last halloween. now i like weed alot, but eating the shit was just plain unpleasent. within a half-hour i was virtually comatose. weaving in and out of conciousness, desperately trying to maintain some level of normality so the people around me wouldn't give me grief. i had to split the party after an hour cuz i just couldn't handle being around other humans. i went home and lay in bed shaking for what seemed like 12 hours. worst spins ever. don't eat weed!!!

Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

You know a fatal dose of l*d is more than 40,000 times the amount it takes to make you "trip".

yea crazy niggas do these things called THUMBPRINTS where they ingest around a whole sheet of acid or 1,000+doses in one sitting...niggas trip like fuck its said to change you

Archived