Man assisinated in street

se_FOUR

A hunt was under way today for hitmen who assassinated their victim in broad daylight.

Horrified onlookers dived for cover as two men firing indiscriminately chased Eric Akinniranye along a crowded high street. As he fell injured to the ground they fired more shots into his chest. Police said it was lucky that no innocent bystanders were killed.

Akinniranye, 25, had been released early from prison, where he was serving 10 years for firearms offences.

Police said today that two gunmen driving a dark Mercedes ML 270 rammed him from his motorcycle and chased him down Camberwell High Street at about 7pm on Saturday.

After bringing him down with a volley of shots, they stood over him before shooting him dead at point-blank range with a number of shots aimed at his chest and neck. He was dead on arrival at hospital.

Witness Maria Garzon said: "I saw a man with a hood over his head getting out of a car. He had a gun and fired three bullets into the body of the man and fired one shot into the air. Two buses stopped right in front of it. The passengers were shocked." Akinniranye's mother Lucia said today: "It's too horrible, it's too terrible to even think about at the moment."

Akinniranye had been released from Coldingley Prison on temporary licence after serving three years of a 10-year sentence for drugs and firearms offences.

He had been apparently been allowed out to go on a four week placement working with disabled people in Cambridge.

But today it emerged that Scotland Yard officers had not been told he had been let out on a four-week placement.

Sources at Coldingley, a category C prison near Woking, are said to have been "stunned" when he was let out.

One said: "He was regarded as a dangerous individual. The fact he ended up being a victim of a gangland execution must cast doubt on the decision."

Prison chief Martin Narey is to launch an inquiry to establish who decided to allow Akinniranye out and why. The Met Police are also expected to conduct their own inquiry.

Police said it was astonishing members of the public were not also killed because of the indiscriminate nature of the shooting.

Detective Chief Inspector Peter Valentine said: "We are

dealing with very dangerous men who fired shots indiscriminately in a public area with no regard for the safety of others.

"It's fortunate that I am not investigating a multiple murder here. The manner in which this man has met his death would seem to suggest that he was the intended victim, he was targeted quite deliberately."

The murder is being investigated by detectives from the Met's Operation Trident, which targets violent crime within black communities in London. They who described the killing as "heinous" and promised to hunt down those men responsible "to the end of the earth".

Detective Chief Inspector Valentine said: "We know a number of shots were fired. We know there are a number of injuries but until those injuries are established as entry wounds we can't say exactly how many times he was shot.

"The two men chased their victim through the street, shots were fired indiscriminately before he was shot on the ground several times in and around the neck area."

Appealing for witnesses, he added: "It must have been chaos. There were so many people on the street at that time. At the end of the day there is no doubt that the men responsible for this wanted that man dead. There was no way this man was going to walk away from this incident."

The two men fled from the scene before dumping the Mercedes, licence plate GL04 YDA, in Lyndhurst Grove, in nearby Peckham.

A row of floral tributes from family and friends marked the spot where Akinniranye was gunned down. One card, from his fiancée Kara, said: "I love you so much with all my heart, I miss you like crazy, I don't know what I'm going to do."

Akinniranye had been due to return to Coldingley within weeks.

To be released on a temporary licence he would have undergone a risk assessment which would have looked at how long he had served, the length of his sentence, his behaviour, and the risk he presented to the public.

Last night Akinniranye's neighbours told of their shock at his death. Adam Balarabe, 56, said: "I knew he was in prison but before he was put away I had often seen him around and he always seemed like a decent young man.

"His family are Christians and his mother had brought him up to be God-fearing, but somewhere along the line he fell in with a bad crowd and went off the rails. It's terrible that this has happened, nobody should die like this."

A'isha Stuart, 48, said: "I remember him when he was a teenager and he was just a normal kid, nothing out of the ordinary."

Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should call the incident room on 0208 785 8056 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40350000/jpg/_40350235_ericakinniranye203_met.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

to paraphrase chris rock...'that nigga wasn't assasinated, that nigga got shot!'

your cops over there are stupid. one second they're talking about the 'indiscriminate' shooting, then they're talking about how deliberate the men were. well, which is it? indiscriminate or deliberate? can't have both. and pointing out that there was no way they were going to let the victim survive the attack....ummm...ok? so does that somehow make it a worse crime, since there was no real ambiguity in their decision to murder a guy?

i dont know, your article just sounds like it was written by a 12 year old.

Originally posted by seeking

to paraphrase chris rock...'that nigga wasn't assasinated, that nigga got shot!'

your cops over there are stupid. one second they're talking about the 'indiscriminate' shooting, then they're talking about how deliberate the men were. well, which is it? indiscriminate or deliberate? can't have both. and pointing out that there was no way they were going to let the victim survive the attack....ummm...ok? so does that somehow make it a worse crime, since there was no real ambiguity in their decision to murder a guy?

Think it was www.thisislondon.co.uk

Guest imported_El Mamerro

pointing out that there was no way they were going to let the victim survive the attack....ummm...ok? so does that somehow make it a worse crime, since there was no real ambiguity in their decision to murder a guy?

Isn't that a decisive factor when charges are filed? The whole degrees of murder and stuff?

yes, but it applies to bar fights and car accidents. you can't really plead 'unintentionall homicide' when you chase a guy down with your car, get out, chase him down the street then shoot him 7 times. it's just murder 1, all day, e'day.

Maybe they just meant to hit him 7 times in the kneecaps, and totally missed.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Maybe they just meant to hit him 7 times in the kneecaps, and totally missed.

"After bringing him down with a volley of shots, they stood over him before shooting him dead at point-blank range with a number of shots aimed at his chest and neck. He was dead on arrival at hospital."

Originally posted by se_FOUR

"After bringing him down with a volley of shots, they stood over him before shooting him dead at point-blank range with a number of shots aimed at his chest and neck. He was dead on arrival at hospital."

Yeah, but they're like, British, so there's still a chance...

yes, but it applies to bar fights and car accidents. you can't really plead 'unintentionall homicide' when you chase a guy down with your car, get out, chase him down the street then shoot him 7 times. it's just murder 1, all day, e'day.

If they shot below the waist it's assault with a deadly weapon. chest , neck, and head areas are attempted murder. the fact that he died makes it murder so none of that really matters.

I'd be willing to bet if they catch the hitman they won't be charged with disreguard for everyone elses lives because they didnt kill anyone else and the moron cops said the specific man who was killed was "deliberate".

thats right, i heard you were just there. how was it?

glad i'm still up a bit. i put in a decent amount of work considering the short amount of time i was there. i love going other places and seeing stuff by random people, makes the world feel all small and cozy.

Oh, and I forgot to mention "point-blank range" in the UK is like 4.25 liters or some shit. You can TOTALLY miss at that distance.

yea the article really sucked. sounded like a broken record. I'm suprised that happened in the UK thought it was another show of fireworks in the US.

That incident reminds of this dude that took it badly earlier this year while he was stepping of the bus.

Archived