Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

man arrested in US for wearing peace shirt...seriously

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mental invalid, Mar 5, 2003.

1. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

i am completely dumbfounded by this.....

stalinism here we come.......everyone on board??????

Man Arrested for Wearing Peace T-Shirt
    Wed Mar 5, 6:15 AM ET

By DAMITA CHAMBERS, Associated Press Writer

ALBANY, N.Y. - A man was charged with trespassing in a mall after he refused to take off a T-shirt that said "Peace on Earth" and "Give peace a chance."

Mall security approached Stephen Downs, 61, and his 31-year-old son, Roger, on Monday night after they were spotted wearing the T-shirts at Crossgates Mall in a suburb of Albany, the men said.

The two said they were asked to remove the shirts made at a store there, or leave the mall. They refused.

The guards returned with a police officer who repeated the ultimatum. The son took his T-shirt off, but the father refused.

"'I said, `All right then, arrest me if you have to,'" Downs said. "So that's what they did. They put the handcuffs on and took me away."

Downs pleaded innocent to the charges Monday night. The New York Civil Liberties Union said it would help with his case if asked.

Police Chief James Murley said his officers were just responding to a complaint by mall security.

"We don't care what they have on their shirts, but they were asked to leave the property, and it's private property," Murley said.

A mall spokeswoman did not return calls Tuesday seeking comment.

Monday's arrest came less than three months after about 20 peace activists wearing similar T-shirts were told to leave by mall security and police. There were no arrests.

2. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

man, when's this mushroom cloud coming already? shit's just getting too wierd.

3. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

fucking a....i hear that....duck and cover

gotta love the spirit of a 61 year old man.......god bless him......

**Edit cause ese's in the gutter....hahahahaha******

4. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

undertones!

but seriously....the extra layer of bullshit comes when you read the shirts were made in a store at the mall. we'll sell it to you...but you cant wear it!

5. Ken E. Bus

Ken E. Bus Member

^^Ironic isn't it?

Actually he was not arrested for wearing the shirt technically. He was arrested for refusing to leave private property when requested. The real assholes in this case are the mall and the mall security.

If I lived anywhere near that mall I would be all for making a statement of some sort.

As a bonus though, since he is a lawyer he should have not problem suing the mall.

6. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside Senior Member

I just saw this on Good Day Live.. crazy man.

*...holla

7. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

what is the world coming to?

8. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

^^^an end.

BELIEVE THAT!

9. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

god, that's pathetic.

10. Vlad

Vlad Senior Member

haha thats fucked :huh2:

11. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

getting blown up is gonna suck. i'm starting to knock it down again full time.

12. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

bizarro johnny

alternate reply to: man arrested in US for wearing peace shirt...seriously

GOOD THING I'M NOT A FUCKING HIPPY

13. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Call and voice your displeasure.

Crossgates Mall
    (518) 869-9565

I just tried calling but got no answer.

This simply amazes me.

14. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

sad state of affairs is all I have to say. well, that and its just plain retarded.