Man Accused of Fatally Place-Kicking Dog

Æ°

You can also find the storyhere

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A man has been charged with killing his neighbor's 2-pound miniature Yorkshire terrier by place-kicking it into the air like a football.

Chad Daniel Crawford, 23, was booked on charges of cruelty to animals and felony vandalism. He was freed after posting $25,000 bond.

Jelani Lewis and Jessica McKenzie said they were shocked and outraged by the death of their 17-year-old dog, Gizmo.

Lewis was on the grounds of his apartment complex Tuesday when he said he saw one of three men holding the dog like a football.

``The other one backed up and kicked him like a place-kicker,'' said Lewis, who couldn't get there fast enough to save his pet.

Gizmo flew through the air in a high arc, hit the pavement and rolled a few feet beneath a parked car. The dog was dead when he hit the ground and the men were laughing, Lewis said.

``I didn't believe that they kicked my dog,'' Lewis told The Tennessean newspaper. ``When I saw him kick it, I was thinking, maybe for a second, 'No, that isn't Gizmo.'''

Lewis said he chased the men and caught Crawford, then made him pick up Gizmo's body and take it upstairs to McKenzie.

Lewis said he held Crawford until police arrived. Only Crawford has been charged.

Contacted by telephone at his home, Crawford said the accusations against him were false. He declined further comment and said he was trying to contact an attorney.

``There is an obvious question about the mental makeup of someone who would do a thing like this to a tiny animal,'' said Judy Ladebauche, Metro Animal Control Director. ``This is heartbreaking. I've seen horrific things - but not like this.''

Ladebauche said she would ask prosecutors to upgrade the charges against Crawford to the state's newly created aggravated animal cruelty charge. Under the new law, a conviction can result in a court-ordered mental evaluation for the offender and a second offense is a felony.

04/07/04 21:55

http://worldnetdaily.com/images2/ChadCrawford.jpg'>

vs

http://worldnetdaily.com/images2/GizmoDog.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Æ°

``I didn't believe that they kicked my dog,'' Lewis told The Tennessean newspaper. ``When I saw him kick it, I was thinking, maybe for a second, 'No, that isn't Gizmo.'''

http://worldnetdaily.com/images2/GizmoDog.jpg'> [/b]

anyone that names their dog "gizmo" is the one that needs to be kicked....ahahha

this guy is ugly as hell, i can hear him now, (in southern accent) "the dog just mad me mad, so i kicked it.":lol:

That is sick, but what if it was one of those yappy dogs? One night, even though I was sober, I came this close to killing my friend’s neighbour’s dog because it has annoyed for countless cumulative hours yapping at me as I wait for the bus. I backed out, though.

There’s a dog on my street that bothers me a great deal, too, and the owners don’t do a thing. I want to kill it, not so much because I hate the dog, but because I hate the owners.

I love dogs, though.

Those Yorkshires are soooo cute.

Originally posted by Weapon X

That is sick, but what if it was one of those yappy dogs? One night, even though I was sober, I came this close to killing my friend’s neighbour’s dog because it has annoyed for countless cumulative hours yapping at me as I wait for the bus. I backed out, though.

There’s a dog on my street that bothers me a great deal, too, and the owners don’t do a thing. I want to kill it, not so much because I hate the dog, but because I hate the owners.

I love dogs, though.

Those Yorkshires are soooo cute.

This is such an inadvertantly disturbing post.

Originally posted by Æ°

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A man has been charged with killing his neighbor's 2-pound miniature Yorkshire terrier by place-kicking it into the air like a football.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Originally posted by Æ°

Jelani Lewis and Jessica McKenzie said they were shocked and outraged by the death of their 17-year-old dog, Gizmo.

come on now... the dog was on it's last legs! (no pun intended)

Originally posted by Æ°

Gizmo flew through the air in a high arc, hit the pavement and rolled a few feet beneath a parked car. The dog was dead when he hit the ground and the men were laughing, Lewis said. [/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stop it! stop it! its just to much! hahhaahahahaha... that "play by play" description is priceless... hahaha

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E

stop it! stop it! its just to much! hahhaahahahaha... that "play by play" description is priceless... hahaha

i was thinking the

same exact thing.

i was laughing more

and more as i read it.

i feel bad for the owners,

but the story was funny.

i know some fools that

drenched a cat in gas and

lit it on fire...now thats

fucked up!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Your daughter come to my house today, and she kick my dog.

You kick my dog today, and now my dog need operation.

This is Kirpal.

You don't ever tell me to fuck.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Your daughter come to my house today, and she kick my dog.

You kick my dog today, and now my dog need operation.

This is Kirpal.

You don't ever tell me to fuck.

'ello is aptar there?

haha..i have this mp3 on my desktop

Originally posted by Pistol

If that dog knew how to walk sexy and bite we wouldnt have this problem.

ha-ha...damn pistol

I pretty much despise all those little yappy dogs...but damn...to drop kick one? That's pretty fucked up. I'd talk about doing it till I was blue in the face, but I'd never really do it.