Making your own Italian dressing.

Dirty_habiT

I made my salad.... before I checked for all the necessary ingredients.... ie. Italian dressing.

fresh spinache, romaine lettuce, sliced avacodo, pieces of fried chicken breast, grape tomatoes, grated jack cheese, bacon bits (real bacon), fresh cracked pepper, jalepeno slices...... and I made my own dressing. I used half red wine vinegar and half olive oil. Boom, I surprised myself with my kitchen ninjaness. I know you people care and all, go ahead talk shit, do whatever. For those who appreciate, I offer this as a good idea.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Awesome, got a poem and everything.... I'm gonna look up that jamaican mistake stuff... I bet I can find it. There's a bunch of me-gans on here, that don't eat good stuff like salad. I put all kinds of stuff in my salads, and the same with baked potatoes. Replies that contribute like word.

i prefer a nice wee dijonnaise dressing myself

2/3 extra virgin olive oil

1/3 balsamic or cider vinegar

teaspoon of dijon mustard

1/2 clove of garlic, chopped fine

pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper

pinch of brown sugar

chopped oregano

simple but i could drink the stuff it's so good

sod it, think i'll go make a salad now :idea:

It's those snobby meat eater people..... btw, you're lucky you're not within arms reach Mr. Sallawag, or I'd be punching you oner.... I think you know why.

Oh, and nice concoction you got there optimodub. I tried balsamic vinegar before I tried the red wine vinegar... For one, I didn't really know what I was doing, and for two, I didn't like the flavor of the balsamic that much..... but, I'm gonna try what you said.

salad tips:

dress your salad right before consumption, otherwise it has a tendency to wilt.

use at least 1:2 ratio of acid(vinegar) to oil or add an emulsifier for a healthier or thicker dressing, i.e. mustard or egg yolk.

put some bacon in there.

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

I made my salad.... before I checked for all the necessary ingredients.... ie. Italian dressing.

fresh spinache, romaine lettuce, sliced avacodo, pieces of fried chicken breast, grape tomatoes, grated jack cheese, bacon bits (real bacon), fresh cracked pepper, jalepeno slices...... and I made my own dressing. I used half red wine vinegar and half olive oil. Boom, I surprised myself with my kitchen ninjaness. I know you people care and all, go ahead talk shit, do whatever. For those who appreciate, I offer this as a good idea.

yes you said that out loud dirty boy

im coming over for some salad

• 11 months later...

I just made some tomatoe vinegarette..... for the first time.... very good.... very professional tasting. How did I do it? With a whole tomatoe (I wish I had some plum tomatoes), a half clove of garlic, kosher salt, olive oil, and red wine vinegar..... I did not have any pepper corns or else there'd be some pepper in there too, anyhow, it turned out well.... try it.

Archived