Making graffixs on shirts

Guest ToYs

ok so im experienced with silk screening and i want to expand on my talent. i need to know how clothing companys put complex colored pictures on they're shirts. they look like iron on transfers but i need something that will stay on a shirt for the duration of the shirts life. i know alot of people on here make clothing so if you can, school me please

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ToYs

ok so im experienced with silk screening and i want to expand on my talent. i need to know how clothing companys put complex colored pictures on they're shirts. they look like iron on transfers but i need something that will stay on a shirt for the duration of the shirts life. i know alot of people on here make clothing so if you can, school me please

it's a four color printing process. i don't really think it's a DIY thing.

Originally posted by LaCosaNostra

different color transparencies....not really worth it though man

Your joking right? Okay so here's how to do it in a really quick and affordable manner. You said your experianced with screen printing, so im sure you already know about how to use photo emulsion/ blocking fluid etc. You can either - set up 4 screens with the same image, blocking out the area where you dont need color (would take a you a couple hours provided you have the supplies/room) and apply each color thru the screens, or you can use one screen and simply wash out the design with bleach/solvent and apply the ink/acrylic where necissary. Its fairly simple, and if you take the time to go get a book on it from the local library i think you would be better off. Hope this was of some help, good luck.

On a side note, if you do alot of drugs prior to going into the darkroom to apply the photo emulsion.. your gonna probably spill shit all over yourself/ overcoat the screens.

<span style='color:pink'>

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED

made plenty of "free lil' nick" shirts awhile back for a close friend

:lol: i just made some "FREE JOHN ******" t-shirts a few weeks ago for my incarcerated homie... I even gave one to his mom.</span>

the printing you seek is all in the print process.

and materials.

INK, not the water based shit you might use at home but thick, nasty smelling, highly toxic, oil based ink.

Flash dryer, this heat seals the ink infusing ti to the fabric, thus keeping it intact for the duration of its life.

Originally posted by heavyLox

the printing you seek is all in the print process.

and materials.

INK, not the water based shit you might use at home but thick, nasty smelling, highly toxic, oil based ink.

Flash dryer, this heat seals the ink infusing ti to the fabric, thus keeping it intact for the duration of its life.

Depnding on how its mixed ive had success using a hair dryer.. tho i wouldnt suggest inahling any of them fumes.

Archived