1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

making a print zine

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fr8lover, Nov 6, 2001.

1. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

making a print zine

Discussion started by fr8lover - Nov 6, 2001

im working on making a print zine split 8.5x11, one color page front and back (cover, back page, and both insides)...

ill be using pagemaker, for the simple fact that its whats on my computer...

any tips? tricks? to making it...ill print it on company dime hopefully...

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied Nov 6, 2001

Quark Xpress is much better.

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Nov 6, 2001

where can i get a full version? i tried downloading the demo (dont know if its crackable) and the ftp is either shitty or busy or the cap on my dowloads is really bad...

4. dr. frink one

dr. frink one 12oz Elite Member

dr. frink one - Replied Nov 6, 2001

you can get the full version using programs like "limewire" and such

Can anyone give some info on how to effectively use the program...hints, basics ect?

dr. frink one - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Nov 7, 2001

bump!

6. catwash

catwash Guest

catwash - Replied Nov 8, 2001

get a shitload of cool/unseen flicks before (who wants to see the usual shit printed in b/w??), some funny editorial, a good photocopier and a different looking layout. Say goodbye to any free time at work, money and envelopes. Say hi to cool photo traders!

7. dr. frink one

dr. frink one - Replied Nov 12, 2001

any other suggestions/ best program suggestions
    bump cause i care way to much

8. tue skinny

tue skinny 12oz Elite Member

tue skinny - Replied Nov 12, 2001

bump

tue skinny - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. dr. frink one

dr. frink one - Replied Nov 12, 2001

one more try people

10. SOZER

SOZER 12oz Member

SOZER - Replied Nov 12, 2001

i been working on a print zine for a little while now, i have several issues to debate over before i print it, i have more than enough stuff heres my situation.

i have pagemaker 6.5 also, but my dillema is that it tends to get difficult for me to correlate the pages so that stories more than 1 page get printed in the right place, this is the biggest pain in the ass i find. is there some kind of function in pagemaker that can do this automatically?

i was just considering pasting all the shit to paper and heading to kinkos for the day, itll look sketchy but, i kinda like that look i think (anyone ever pick up "Kollision" in NYC? kinda like that but with articles...) i have articles that i personally think are hilarious, my pictures are good, i can get better flicks and shit easily from people, and its just centered around general fuckup-ery and basically conveys whats going on in my head onto paper in some form. and trust me its a mess up there...

im trying to decide the best way to go about this, i think just doing it all at kinkos is looking like the most cost effective way so i dont have to go through killing my home printer.

any suggestions? anyone want to contribute anything (trust me, anything is good...especially if its fucked up.)

nsk-vc

SOZER - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. cornelius

cornelius 12oz Member

cornelius - Replied Nov 12, 2001

haha DAMN! i didn't know you could use computers and all that fancy shit for zines! i usually just cut and paste the articles and pictures, then xerox the pages a million times..... hahaha.. shit.. i've been doin it the hard way... oh well.. that shit's fun.. and very time consuming.. keeps my ADD in control...

cornelius - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. dr. frink one

dr. frink one - Replied Nov 13, 2001

yea my question was related to Sozers question regarding the order in prints, but i think the only way to do this is to make a good outline of how you want your zine to go

13. cornelius

cornelius 12oz Member

cornelius - Replied Nov 13, 2001

fuckin DIY cut and paste all the way man... it works for me.. cut and paste the shit on the paper so that it looks how you want it to look when it's all folded over... copy it exactly how it is.. and you've got it... i always fold my paper first... then cut and paste the shit to that.. just so i know i've got everything laid out the right way before i go make a million fucked up copies..

cornelius - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. intercity

intercity 12oz Member

intercity - Replied Nov 13, 2001

USE QUARK.
    most offset printers, etc use this program and you can't convert pagemaker to quark, but for some reason you can go the other way around... anyways.. if you're doing it offset, go quark... if you're going to kinkos... use what you want

intercity - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. dr. frink one

dr. frink one - Replied Nov 13, 2001

so the dead in the dirt kids use quark? good to know. Are you one of them? if so not only is it my favorite zine, but I would like to talk to you about some stuff relating to it if you want to e-mail me.