Makeshift Meals

Weapon X

If this has been done already, then this has been done already.

Everyone goes through this – when you’re starving, but need something a little more than KD, or a soft boiled egg with toast generals.

Just now, I made myself an omelet with harvarti cheese and bruschetta in it. I’ve never heard of that, but it tasted pretty good. With it, I ate a Lick’s burger, but there’s nothing original about that one. Also, vermicelli thrown into some Chefboyardee chicken cacciatore. I’ve been really hungry today.

What has your creative (or not) mind come up with in the kitchen lately, regardless of the overbearing emptiness of the fridge, or the potentially horrid taste of what may come out of the oven?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

soup.

you can add pretty much anything to a ramen noodle bowl (except maybe for hotdogs)

oh... add rice to anything and it's more of a meal.

dont forget the hawt sauce!

take a tombstone pizza, cook it, then cover it with whatever the hell you want (i usually do mushrooms, olives, and bell peppers), another thin layer of cheese, and then put it back in the oven for three minutes. hella good.

my other favorite is string cheese and wheat thins. such a good snack combo.

*mmm, arroz con gandules with scrambled eggs, hot sauce and a couple of pieces of toast with butter. ummmmm.

*if the vendors are out there's always the option of tracking down the elotes man. (corn on cob with butter, mayo, grated cheese and chile). i've always wondered if places other than chicago had these guys b/c they are awesome. anybody?

*on another vendor tip (but which i also make at home) are cucumber slices with lemon and salt. Obviously more of a snack.

i could prob think of more but am a bit lazy.

my dad used to eat pickles and butter on white bread. don't ask.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

soup.

you can add pretty much anything to a ramen noodle bowl (except maybe for hotdogs)

Yo! You are trippin. You can add cheese sauce in a can then drop in some doritos and some chopped up pieces of a slim jim and have one hell of a meal. I have never tried hot dogs but that sounds like the best idea ever. Maybe Vienne Sausages.

Take a breast of chicken, and throw in there some american cheese, some mozzarella, some onions, some tomatoes, some worchestshire sauce, some of that seaasoning everyone uses and some fucking hot sauce, tastes okay.

when im hungry and not much in the fridge, though there's thing i eat from my poor ass childhood that i love to eat.

Mayonaise sandwiches man.

Fuck yea, 181er, grew up poor as shit but happy and loved.

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

*mmm, arroz con gandules with scrambled eggs, hot sauce and a couple of pieces of toast with butter. ummmmm.

*if the vendors are out there's always the option of tracking down the elotes man. (corn on cob with butter, mayo, grated cheese and chile). i've always wondered if places other than chicago had these guys b/c they are awesome. anybody?

*on another vendor tip (but which i also make at home) are cucumber slices with lemon and salt. Obviously more of a snack.

i could prob think of more but am a bit lazy.

my dad used to eat pickles and butter on white bread. don't ask.

hell yea! i remember when elotes cost only $1!!! ever siince then mr elotes man been jacking up their prices.

if you're not a beaner it costs $1.50. fuck that shit. i want the mexican hookup!!!

i've been using spoiled milk, yogurt alot in pancakes, dumplings, biscuits instead of unspoiled, and it works fine, i mean i haven't gotten sick.

every week i buy a chicken from the store, cook it on a day off, eat the shit out of it however, then make chicken broth by boning it out and throwing the neck bone and gizzards in with then the bones and simmer on the stove for 5 hours. then i strain the bones out, well wash them, cool down, then i let the broth sit in the fridge until i need quick soup. maybe i put onion and garlic with the bones, but i keep it simple so it's really easy to do whatever with.

potatoes are really versitile and cheap sustainance food. i can't really microwave them properly, so they always get chopped 1/4 inch and boiled in salty water first.

bacon packs a whollop for the price, i use it often. pork of all sorts is cheap.

i make pizza dough, pizza thread, alot and freeze half for later. sauce is easy, sweat onions, red pepper flakes and garlic, add can of tomatoes, cook 10 minutes, add salt.

other than that cornmeal, rice, flour are all on hand, eggs, with a varied selection of fruit and veggies, and lots of condiments, sauces and spices. i like stuff that keeps well for a long time. i hate waste.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

soup.

oh... add rice to anything and it's more of a meal.

dont forget the hawt sauce!

i actually knew someone who would chop up hotdogs and put them in the soup

bump it for the hotsauce though, steady pouring the crystal and tobasco until the cup is overflowing

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

wow. your as bad as my dad.:)

Weapon, whose vendors i speak of are all Mexican.

So i wonder, in places like LA, do they have these vendors as well??

I've also wondered this about the paleta (ice cream) men.

yes they have those hot dog vendors in la............there called border hot dogs....the best is when the cook the hot dog while its wrapped in bacon they have those stands all over la