mafioso books

Guest blink_ATX

Guest blink_ATX

ANyone have "the mafia encyclopedia second edition" or read "Wise guy: a life in a mafia family"?

my gf got me "wise guy" and i was wondering if it was any good.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I read "My Life in the Mafia" by Vinnie Teresa and the Sammy the Bull book, I forget the title.

For fictional mob stories that seem to nail it down even better than reality, you must read Mario Puzo. NEVER MIND THE MOVIE, no matter how good it was - READ THE BOOK "The Godfather", and tack on The Sicilian for dessert, same author.

Guest blink_ATX

hmm okay

but imnot really into fiction, i wouldnt want my mind polluted with mystical characters. Know what i mean?

i was also wondering if there is a good biograpny on apollo escobar.

Originally posted by blink_ATX

hmm okay

but imnot really into fiction, i wouldnt want my mind polluted with mystical characters. Know what i mean?

This is the absolute wrong attitude. Good fiction tells the truth better than the truth can tell itself. It gets to the heart of what people are about and makes you understand it like nothing else can.

"Polluted with mystical characters"? I guess I don't know what you mean.

Guest platapie
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

This is the absolute wrong attitude. Good fiction tells the truth better than the truth can tell itself. It gets to the heart of what people are about and makes you understand it like nothing else can.

"Polluted with mystical characters"? I guess I don't know what you mean.

that makes me wanna read books.

Guest blink_ATX

Re: Wise guys

Originally posted by worm

Read wise guy.. its such a sick book. Its what the movie Goodfellas was based on.

yeah thats what i ws told by my gf when she bought it. I think i will read it. Youre not worm from round the southa re you?

try tokyo underworld which is a true story about a retired american veteran which gets involved in the yakuza [japanese mob] after WWII. its really interesting about how the yakuza ripped off george bush sr. and how involved they are in japanese business. they seem to have their hands in everything in japan and in america.

Guest NoamChomsky

That Michael Douglas movie "Black Rain"Where he's an American cop who fights the Yakuza was dope.I want to see that Beat Takashi movie "Brother"about a japanese guy that goes to america to find his gangster brother(or something like that).

Washington

Adams

Jefferson

Madison

Monroe

Why Are Japanese Men Miniature?

Originally posted by pimp n panda

that movie "brother" is en punto.

watched it like four times in a row when i first got it, then lent it to all my friends.

all i have to say is watch it, it's good ,

"I'D STAKE MY LIFE ON IT":eek:

aha i told my mom to snatch me up that movie one day and she copped "the brothers" a movie about some black dudes :lol:

yeah brother is dope i saw it when it came out in the theaters. my only complaint was except for... shit i forgot his name, maurice maybe? beato takeshi should have gotten some better actors to play the americans. he just ended up getting americans that lived in japan. i mean the mafia actors were really horrible. but other than that dope. "fucking jap gurai wakareyo baka yarou.":cool:

Guest blink_ATX

well then i dont want to read the book if its just like the movie and vice versa.

anyway

i might dabble through it. Anyone read anything on apollo escobar?

Archived