MAFIA

NoEZ

yea i just got the game for christmas woohoo!!....

but i got one question.....is there a way to get the cops to stop chasing you...like hiding...or are you just wanted till they kill you?..iveonly played he game for a bit so far.....but when ever im being chased it seems like it never ends....maybe i should just play mroe and figure it out.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

seriously, 12oz is the center of the universe.

no matter what your question, post it here and within an hour, someone will usually have answered it.

it's like google, for people who are too dumb to use google.

and i'll admit, ive asked some pretty lazy questions here before.

my new quest is to find out who owns the font, 'times new roman'. someone must hold the rights to it, but who? and if they dont, then it is possibly the only 'object' in existence that is used daily by billions of people, yet has no owner.

I'm pretty sure that's owned by the ITC type foundry... they basically rule... PLUS they put out this kick ass design mag, though I haven't gotten a copy for over 10 years, I'm sure it's out there... the mag is called U&LC (upper and lower case) and it's just the shit, large format full color newsprint with the dopest features and articles... anyway..

ITC type foundry

I think he was talking about current ownership... I still believe ITC owns it, but since it's freely distributed in all Microsoft OS and Apps releases I figured, perhaps, Bill Gates bought it outright instead of paying a licensing fee for every copy of the progams made... but you're probaly right, that's why they call you R. Heydrich and they only call me Smart

Easy

I got the game on the day of released for free, and I completed it a couple of weeks ago, so I can help you out if you need it.

Basically, the best way to avoid cops is to find a dark alley and just stand still for a while. If you notice, the icon at the top to show your wanted level is either opaque or transparent. When it's transparent, no cops can -see- you and so your wanted level goes down. However, as soon as a cop sees you it jumps back to being 100% wanted. So the main way I did it was to find back alleys nstuff like that and hide there.

Here's a quick explanation of how the wanted system works and how you can get around it:

1. Walking cops seeing you do something

They will either try and take you down themselves (in which case you should gun them down or run until they're off your tail) or they try to get to a phone box (in which case you should try and gun them down before they get there). If they get to the phone box, every single cop is on your ass so you should probably run like hell and hide. The main thing to remember is that if a cop sees you murdering another cop he'll get to a phone box and you're screwed

2. Cops in cars

Cops in cars suck, since they seem to have some sort of radio system. However, they'll only call their buddies if you evade them for a while. So the best thing is either to stop, let them get out and shoot them or to run and hide and stay hiding until you're no longer wanted. If you have all the cops on your ass, my advice is to gun it to Salieri's and just stay there with a gun ready until they all fuck off.

Good luck nstuff.

Archived