Mac and music editing

Gnes 37

I know about mac's but i dont know anything about sound editing cuz this aint for me but for a friend who want to produce make a lil home studio etc. well i know for one a huge hardrive would help but how much power would you need just to edit music would the starter 800 mgz g4 be more than good enough? i dont think he need a 1.2 gig g4 that costs 35 hundred to just edit music. so anyways what is an ideal g4 to work with music and what mac oriented software for making editing, producing music he plays punkish kinda music and i figure some of you know whats up with this shit. i dont want to have a mac vs pc shit going on in here. thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I dont have alot of experience with Macs....except Final Cut pro, and Avid cinema...I used "Smart Sound" ? I think thats what its called...But I dont think that program is very good, especially to edit your own music...I think a PC is better for editing music....Macs Suck :p

Archived