Lyndon LaRouche

fatalist

I stumbed across an op-ed that said Lyndon LaRouche was one of the most important men of this century. I go to the Schiller institute website and two hours into his webcase I have no idea what he's talking about. He's covering things like metaphysics and the 'Roman Decadence' of America and western world. What does this guy stand for? Anyone?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

me and my friend found some pamphlet he wrote on the bus one time, and that shit was so incoherent and ridiculous. he says that we are living in satanic times, and he had all this devvils imagery and shit. except all this wasnt metaphorical, he was mother fucking dead serious.

Lyndon LaRouche's organization is a genuine example of a political cult. He is crazy as a shithouse mouse, and coming from me, that's really saying something.

Back in the '70s his organization was called "The National Caucus of Labor Committees." Back then they were sort of left-wingish, or at least they sounded left wing. They went by the sobriquet "NCLC." They threatened members of the IWW several times when both the IWW and members of the NCLC showed up to offer strike support to some striking workers in Chicago. The IWW members tried not to show it, but since they were a bunch of college-kid wannabe revolutionaries, they were intimidated by the people from NCLC.

Several Wobblies from the South arrived at the IWW Headquarters on N. Halstead and heard about the shoving match. Our immediate response was to suggest that we go stock up on axe handles and beat the ever-lovin' shit out of every NCLC member we could catch. The Chicago IWW members were horrified, and said "Absolutely not! Are you crazy?" We were like "What? These guys act like the Klan. Let's go kick their ass." Anyway, we never got the opportunity.

Although the NCLC had threatened to bust up an IWW labor conference scheduled for that weekend (we came loaded for bear) they never showed up. After the conference, the southern IWW's split up and started hitchhiking for Texas.

The next I heard of the NCLC they had morphed into some sort of ultra-wacky political party and were saying things like "the Queen of England is the world's biggest heroin dealer!" They are generally completely nuts. But very dedicated.

• 1 month later...

Archived