Lunch Boxes

krowteN

http://www.djmener.com/graffiti/lovelife.jpg

does anyone know what kind of car this is.

and what it hauls? ive seen variations of this one through my city.

strangely it always has a roll down door (thats closed) its always like the lead car or maybe the second car on the line. and its always alone.

all that tells me is whatevers in there is valuable -

ive looked at a bunch of railfan sites and nothing.

maybe my research skills are not that sharp.

any real info, as well as sarcastic answers will be appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its for shipping airplane fuselages. thats the thing on the right thats been cut off in the picture. Usually they are fully enclosed, but sometimes for longer fuselages they have open ones as well I guess. I think they might house wings as well. any large airplane part really. they go on fairly regular patterns, usually all shipping to assembly plants from various suppliers. catchem out here, caught em out in winnipeg once and awhile cause we had a boeing parts supplier in town.

They house the small parts of the fuselage. Think of most packages you get that require some assembily; they always come with a little plastic bag with the small parts right? Well, they arn't gonna strap that baggie out in the open.

This is why some flat beds with fuselage don't require these odd "Outhouses" on the end, and some do.

Peep this

right on.

makes sense - theres a huge lockheed martin plant here. i know the specialize in /military/defense avation - do those cars also haul commercial aircraft parts.

im a bit of a plane bencher too, but dont tell anyone though - they might accuse me of being a terrorist.

Originally posted by Fryre Dekoy

yeah i couldhave sworn i was sent a flick of one of those that some of the kids in etc hit, rock on asicker

Thanks dude....me and Reser did an endtoend crew shot on one of those about 4 months ago. stay up kid.

OH and no, I don't fart on my girlfriends face! thanks for asking though.

Hey Zed at the local Lockheed Martin plant, I've only seen gondolas their w/ tarp covered airplane wings, they usually chill outside the complex. Their is a switcher that lurks around their in US Navy paint, (the Navy Air Base is next door), I've yet to catch a flick of it...I've never seen these airline fuselage cars there though, although I've spotted them in the city rolling through.

Also down in the yards the bulls are out, I was stopped today, and told I was trespassing by being on the sidewalk of the bridge overlooking the yard...just a little heads up.

Archived