ludacris!!!

Guest mopius

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Corey Faim

fuck that nelley shit...rock out the DHR. like what. ec8or at 10 on the volume dial.

you mean...turn it up to level 'SUCK' on the volume dial.

What i listen to:

I listen to rock, hardrock , metal, hardcore, alternative, classic stuff, just rock period.

I listen to a little bit of each electronic genre, some Autechre, Aphex Twin, i listen to breaks, Roni size,

As for hip hop.........some beastie boys, ..........i don't listen to any new stuff, cuz most of its crap. Maybe i'll pick up an album, but thats rare. I'm not really into underground either, like arsonists, or dilated ( can u call them underground anymore?) J5, whatever, i listen to mostly early 90's hip hop records, like the positive pro hip hop shit..........the native tongues: Black sheep, de la soul, tribe called quest, jungle bros......digable planets, .........i like erik b and rakim,........ummmmm asdlfjasdfjhhhhhhh House of pain and Cypress Hill always had awesome beats.........ehhhh, i don't know thats all thats coming to mind.

But ludicris.......com'on. My left nut has more talent then him. He's just following a template for making music..........Get "hit" producers (i wouldn't even call them musicians, as far as button pushers with some sense of music)......put some rhymes in the song dealing with cars, hoes, rims, platinum, platinum jewlery,........ummm Chrystale, or that champagne,.......other alcoholic beverages......maybe a few rhymes about weed and getting fucked up beyond recognition......getting crunk in some club.........

AND THERE YA GO!

You've got yourself a hit rap song.

Now you can criticize me, stone me, whatever. But most popular music has been lacking alot of heart, muscianship, feeling, emotion, creativity, originality and substance.

WHAT I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IS:

Ok, so nobody heard of Ludicris prior to his Southern Hospitality record......so if he was a no name piece of shit in Georgia, trying to be a rapper and make it big.......how can he rap about sucess , fame, money and girls if he had none? Or did he get a record deal, recieve money, and THEN started to write about his sucess.

I don't know, put this question can be applied to alot of rappers making it big.

Somebody answer me.

damn krylon son, you need to get your head out of your ass and quit being so undergrounererish...quit limiting yourself to what you can listen to. out of so many underground acts, i only find about five artists good, the rest = shitty. i know you like atmosphere. i kinda do to, has lost it or something. dude's ill, his headshots tape was nice, so was dynospectrum, and older atmosphere. eyedea is okay, he only impresses me because..he can serve raps quite well. wow. so take the time now to quit listening to all of the dweebs on hiphopinfinity.com say and go listen to some of the new outkast or de la or somethin

i quit listening to the radio a while back, a friend got me into underground a while back and ive been into it ever since....ive got no problem with mainstream though...i just personally dont feel it anymore unless at the club and whatnot...but then again i dont hit clubs up...right now im stuck in 94-97 as far as hip hop goes...nas (illmatic of course), souls of mischief(93 till infinity), wutang (36 chambers), roots (organix and do you want more) dasefx (hold it down), keith (doctor octagon, sex style), ect ect ect...........only new hiphop ive been listening to is aesop rock simply because he gets me to think....canibal ox's new album is ill too...no disrespect to the cats who are makin it big....

hey ferris i know what you meen, but it pisses me off that when kids ask me what i listen to and i tell them there all whos that, they must suck cus i never heard of them. also ludicris's lyrics fuking suck, i dont own a bently, im not a thug, i dont do graff in a fubu jump suit. i listen to music that reflects my life style. i think that being yourself is the best thing for your self instead of chassing every fad like your life depended on it

I feel yall..I mean how long can we listen to raps about 40s,money hoes and clothes? the average ghetto kid can't even relate,because he's poor so he goes out and sells dope to get all this bullshit and he gets killed and thrown in jail and for what? I got to listen to positive rap that will inspire. stuff like Anti-con,sole,dose one,dialated peoples,Living legends,

Mystic Jouneymen,Aceyalone,Del and more.Open your mind guys come on now!Realize that mainstream ...just...sucks!I could write a mainstream rap in 15 minutes.

you know, you guys are RIGHT! i've seen the light and the revolution "undaground" hip hop (not rap) can bring! i gotta stop dreamin of ballin and go back an learn about elements an shit. fuck what was i ever thinking before. man i gotta go out and get me that new J5 import german ep, son. how could i have ever been this blind?

Re: What i listen to:

I never said i was into underground. I just think ludicris sucks. And yeah, its not bad to have fun and listen to radio stuff, but c'mon.....

I remember i have this rolling stone article, when Nelly's first record came out, and Rolling Stone's critics were riding his nuts like, ......."Nelly, creatively combining that southern rap flavor with rhymes from his childhood sidewalk games........." all happy and shit like that. Like he did something good and original. BAH, and you read some of the articles on him and other rappers now, and they talk trash about them and how they suck. Bah, the media is just as fickle as the people who buy top 40's bullshit. Or they just seem fickle in order to please the current trend.

Whatever, im going to seem like and idiot and close this with " keep on rocking in the free world."

yeah

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Corey Faim

I'll kill you if you front on ec8or. That is all.

heh...

well sonny, i'm 'frontin'.....

come around my part of the planet and i'll host an

exclusive "dj session" just for you...

i'll put up an ec8or record up against something really

worthy of volume 10....i'll even pay you to let me do this......come on man...let a brother step up...

i'd fuck you up with music..believe it.

trooo tearzism

i have to admit i like ludacris... i mean.. its fucking stupid... hes no lyricist... but i like his fucking attitude...

its retarded and the style could be interesting if the content was upped... and the ridiculous level was increased... just pure ridiculous

Talent wise not that great but I seen him in concert and his energy was good and it got the crowd jumpin' and the tops off so I enjoyed a bit more. That video Rollout cracks me up everytime. I laugh when I look at that huge dome and little arms. He looks like a midget. But he sort of reminds me of a dinosaur. One of them T-rex's with the little fuckin arms.

how do new rappers rap about being rich off their first album? i mean i doubt many of them are big stock market players, or inherited a bunch of cash from their dad. why talk about being rich wehn you know your not? its like me bragging about being a pro scuba diver when really all ive done is gone swimming.

Archived