low class jobs...

ANSWER

Com'on, i bet the majority of people in here got one, and you know you hate it. I work at a pizza joint, busin tables, talk about stupid. Dont you hate being sooo broke that most of the time when you look in your wallet, you dont even have enough money to eat at your local chinese buffet? That's some shit, if you never have over 5 bucks in your wallet than my guess is you either dont have a job, or you got a shitty one. I mean, i get paid as much in 2 weeks as my dad does in 2 hours....what the fuck... Yet, he gives me no money, why? dont ask me shit... So, does anyone else have any low class job situation?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yup, ive got a real shitty job. ive been there for almost 3 years, and i still only make 6.40 and theres really no promotion chance till im 18 in a year, and i dont want the promotion then anyway cause it just means much more work with hardly any more money. the one good thing about it is since ive been there so long i pretty much wont get fired so i can come in real late all the time and get in a little troube but still be alright.

Does coffee house and waitress count? I mean you can work 40 hours doing just about anything and still maintain if you know how to manage your money. Learn to shop at thrift stores, used CD stores, cook your own food, take the bus, walk, or ride a bike when you can, go to frat parties and drink their beer instead of buying your own. When I was bussin tables I was makin about $12 on average including tip out. Maybe you should go to a better or more expensive restaurant to work.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

seriously, you can only last at a low class job soo long, it's a given, face it. First i was a bag boy at a grocery store and i pushed carts it was all fine and dandy until winter came around. Christmas grocery shoppers.....so i bagged all that shit. and of course they take their carts outside to their cars. But there's one problem, the ground is snow and ice, not a sheet of ice but mixed together in the form that you can roll the carts in cause it;s clogged with snow and ice which turns to just ice. Therefore i dragged two carts in at a time.....that blew. Then i quit before summer came, fuck pushing carts in the heat...that shit would kill me. Why do you think i write at night?

With the bus boy bit, i always come in at 5 and never know when i'll get off. So some nights i'll make 12-19(19 being the most in my history) or i'll work short shift i'm talking 2 hours, why the hell do i even work there? i dont know. dont ask. but like tonight i worked 2 hours and got a 3 dollar tip...now what the fuck is that about...the waitresses get 50 dollars each and i get 3 between 5 of'em. where's the equality???

Originally posted by Klypse:

Payless <---- whut whut, now thats a shitty job. we get like 5 customers a day.

Selling women's shoes like Al Bundy.

I used to work for this like Mail Boxes Etc. place. I got paid min wage when it was 4.25. I had to drive to the post office and drop shit off lift boxes and shit. I did everything right and the bitch fired me after 2 months. The worst part was she had some retarded dude working there for like 4 years. If I didnt do shit better than that dude, WTF.

------------------

"The great man is sparing in words and prodigal in deeds."

Confucius , Analects

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3693/pistolsq.gif'>

I worked at Home Depot for like 3 years man I hated that place,anyways I never worked in the actuall paint dept. but I do know its hard to steal cause all the trash gets compacted to discorage tryin the throw it away and get it later thing plus they usallly check employyes bags when your going out,plus you dont wanna get caught stealin from your employer,I just think that would look bad in the eyes of future employers.

I dunno bout ya'll but I might have the low-class job that takes the cake. I used to clean planes. I used to clean up after fat, smelly, dirty, farting, vomiting, pissing, messy and just some straight up nasty shit that I can't explain because I have no idea what it was. I've found hyperdermic needles, used tampons, condoms, puke bags with barf in it, bloody tissue, snot drenched tissue and all sorts of other shit in the seat pockets. I've cleaned up piss, vomit, etc. and shit that seemed like it was sprayed all over the bathroom with a garden hose. If anybody wants some clean advice on commercial airliners, go to the topic "My Last Night At Work" and you'll find some shit there.

------------------

I need a strong dose of caffeine and a dancing midget.

Originally posted by my mom buys my clothes:

yup, ive got a real shitty job. ive been there for almost 3 years, and i still only make 6.40 and theres really no promotion chance till im 18 in a year, and i dont want the promotion then anyway cause it just means much more work with hardly any more money. the one good thing about it is since ive been there so long i pretty much wont get fired so i can come in real late all the time and get in a little troube but still be alright.

i feeling you right there. ive been at del taco for 3 years and make $6. i could be a manager but that just means a have to go to work and be on time and do a bunch of bullshit for like an extra $1.50. you basically took all the words right out of my mouth. i put my ap in virgin megastore and even if i get paid the same amount, itll be better than working at del taco. but, i dont really carry cash, maybe like $40 at the most. i use my credit or debit card a lot usually for buying clothes and gas.

ive had so many meaningless jobs... pizza hut (god did i fuck around there). construction worker, workin for the city, and a cashier at a gas station for like 2 years.. quit last week. now im broke with no job. i think ill go back to making water filters......

Originally posted by ANSWER:

does anyone actually have a high class job???

I'm a Senior Vice President here at the Crack, Crack, & Crills firm. I don't do much but sit on a milkcrate at the corner till my pockets can't hold anymore wrinkled singles. I got home, iron them and put them in a box, Then it's back to serving fiends.

MERODOGS

MLBEEEEE

i worked a summer as a dishwasher.. that was horrible. min. wage, i had to clean the kitchen at the end of the night, i even had to clean the employee's bathroom. plus i cut the pizza cheese and lettuce and ish.. and i never washed my hands. i worked for some corporationg a summer to iun the it dept. the money was a lot better, but i liked dishwashin more.

does anyone actually have a high class job???

is there a middle class? Cuz, I think that is what I have. I work at a dot.com that streams digital media. Yup, music and videos. I'm a production monkey and I get a fairly decent check. Got med/dental, paid vacation/sick days, my own desk, phone, I'm paid to be online all the time (in a way.) I hate this place. Wish I could be doing the same thing, with the same pay at some other place.

--------

e+m

I get a fairly decent check. Got med/dental, paid vacation/sick days, my own desk, phone, I'm paid to be online all the time (in a way.)

Me too. I’m not at a dotcom, but It’s an office job none the less. I don't do too bad for not having a real education. I like my job alright, but I really want to be a bike messenger. How cool would it be if somebody paid me to ride my bike for a living? Someday.

-Al

seriously, you can only last at a low class job soo long, it's a given, face it. First i was a bag boy at a grocery store and i pushed carts it was all fine and dandy until winter came around. Christmas grocery shoppers.....so i bagged all that shit. and of course they take their carts outside to their cars. But there's one problem, the ground is snow and ice, not a sheet of ice but mixed together in the form that you can roll the carts in cause it;s clogged with snow and ice which turns to just ice. Therefore i dragged two carts in at a time.....that blew. Then i quit before summer came, fuck pushing carts in the heat...that shit would kill me. Why do you think i write at night?

With the bus boy bit, i always come in at 5 and never know when i'll get off. So some nights i'll make 12-19(19 being the most in my history) or i'll work short shift i'm talking 2 hours, why the hell do i even work there? i dont know. dont ask. but like tonight i worked 2 hours and got a 3 dollar tip...now what the fuck is that about...the waitresses get 50 dollars each and i get 3 between 5 of'em. where's the equality???

...become a waitress

Archived