love park

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest beard

SAVE LOVE PARK

thats awesome that theyre going to use pieces of the current park to build the new one, i think i was telling you about that the other day dusty, glad to see it might be a reality.

the sessions there the last week have been unreal

Man theyre not gonna do shit...

at least for a long while...you think a bunch of skateboarders asking for a park is gonna help them change anything?

Im very skeptical on this one...all throughout my life since i was like 13, we lobbied to get a fuckin skate park in dc...

Nothing build by the city or anything...closest thing was vans skatepark in woodbridge in nova....but thats not owned by the city or anything..

good luck guys, hope it at least works for you..

Guest --zeSto--

It's so simple to get the city to make a bmx park.

They just pile some dirt and dig a few holes. The bikers dothe rest.

But getting them to lay concrete (or marble ...ahhhh) is totaly different.

fuck the idea of changing ANYTHING at love park. i'm SO sick and tired of these family oriented, bland safety parks like VANS skatepark. when i go skate i want to have fun and not worry about anything.

skate parks = bad idea

legalizing skateboarding = endless possibilities

with a "legalized" skate spot people are just going to contain you there. you wont be able to skate anywhere else in the city. and that is moving away from the real street skating and moving toward X-games bullshit with tony hawk hopefuls. fuck all of that.

the only reason i like the louisville park is cause there really isnt a lot else to skate in louisville.

don't throw the streets of philly away, and dont forget what you have.

Guest Ted Wakowski

"It's the gateway to Center City, a jewel that needs to be reclaimed for the greater public," said Keel.

I wonder if the "general public" will ever even come close to achieving the level of appreciation for that "jewel" as the skateboarding community. The place is one of the last big icons of recent skate culture still skateable. When was the last time anyone kickflipped the Brooklyn Banks wall or dropped a hammer down Hubba Hideout? How about a simple tailside at EMB?

Fuck skateparks indeed. What the sport really needs is more acceptance and some decent compromises on liabilty laws.

Archived