1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Losing Weight/Getting in Shape/etc.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DEE38, Oct 9, 2002.

1. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

Losing Weight/Getting in Shape/etc.

Discussion started by DEE38 - Oct 9, 2002

I'm going back home to Hawaii for the holidays in less than 2 months, and I wanted to start getting in shape. I drink beer atleast everyday, hard liquor atleast everyday of the weekends, and those empty calories aren't doing me any justice.

The beer belly is too pokable now, and my mom is gunna whoop my ass cuz she'll know i've been drinking too much.

So any quick effective ways to stay healthy and not die yet drop the pounds?

I've taken xenadrine and that shit straight almost killed me.. so maybe something lighter and cheaper at that. I have no problem with not eating if it came down to that, but whats something I could eat to balance out everything. Like not eat till dinnertime and like.. have a huge salad with fish on it or something?

Personal stories,tricks, tips anyone?

Working out is gay i dont like it at all because I have no space in my room to do it, but it can be fun sometimes........ I used to love going running, but that was in safe ol hawaii. I get home at 11 everynight at the earliest so going jogging late at night in vegas isn't the best idea.
    It sucks.

dee38'er. = gunna loose atleast 20 pounds by christmas.

Oh and p.s.
    I've stopped eating meat (red meat) before. For about 2 years.. I can't remember whether it's helped me or not by dropping pounds.. but i remembered it made my immune system go to shit because i didnt take the suppliments i needed that i only got in meat. Im thinking of maybe doing that again... ? hmm?

DEE38 - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. dukeofyork

dukeofyork 12oz Senior Member

dukeofyork - Replied Oct 9, 2002

unless youve gained a lot of weight since the wet tshirt thread, i dont see why you are tryin to lose weight all of a sudden....

im tryin to gain weight, and it just aint workin.
    skinny white boys unite dammit.

:heated:

dukeofyork - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs 12oz Senior Member

Ronnie Dobbs - Replied Oct 9, 2002

gaining weight is a science.. i actually belive sometimes that with the more i eat, the more weight i lose.. something with all the energy it takes my digestive system to process..

Ronnie Dobbs - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Oct 9, 2002

dee dont bother with those pills and everything, they are either bad for you or wont work. dont think about starving yourself either thats a big mistake and besides, it doesnt work. nobody can live without food, why try?

basically just eat better and do say 50 situps a day and thatll make a difference, it worked for me and i worked it up to about 150 crunches on each side of my stomach a day, once it gets to where it doesnt hurt anymore you know youre getting somewhere.

better food and a decent diet will lose weight, and keep it that way.

5. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

DEE38 - Replied Oct 9, 2002

Nah didn't gain weight.. but belly isn't as toned. I mean it wasent tight either as before, but i notice the pokability in it right now.

And plus, I want to go home looking good. A little toning and weight dropping wont hurt... lets just pray it doesn' take away from the boobs or ass. So that means if i loose a bit of weight,then shit, my boobs and hips will look even bigger which is a nice thing. I want that girly V :p ...
    like the lil V, but a lil pouchy thing belly (i do NOT want a super toned belly) but you know what i mean. Miss Van / twist character looking bitches belly. :: drool ::

6. CemeteryKid

CemeteryKid New Jack

CemeteryKid - Replied Oct 9, 2002

I can give you some info on good ab workouts. I might have more time to explain it tomorrow. Then there's a ton of pills, "not really healthy, often not approved by the FDA", like hydroxycut. They sell it in GNCs. People lose lots of weight on it, but I think its mostly water weight. If I were you I'd quit drinking beer, and lay off the junk food if you're willing. If I could find some pictures(its hard to explain the exercises in words) I could show you the technique. I know i have some magazines/information that shows them better.

Medicine Ball Compound Crunches: Lower and Upper Abs
    Medicine Ball Twisting Crunches: Sides and Upper Abs
    Side Crunches: Sides, Lower, and Upper Abs
    Bicycles: Sides: Uper Abs
    Twisting Hanging Leg Raises(involves equipment, so I doubt this would help: Extreme work on sides, lower abs

Just start doing crunches, you'll see effects in less than two months.

CemeteryKid - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

fr8, I started off doing 60 sit ups.... 20 for each side, then 20 for the middle..... what kind of sit ups do you do? And plus I have night school so it's hard to find decent food when im surrounded by bull shit wendys, pizza hut, jack in the box, mcdonalds. I know I need to quit that shit.

Could you explain to me the situps you do?

8. I45_TEXAS_I45

I45_TEXAS_I45 New Jack

I45_TEXAS_I45 - Replied Oct 9, 2002

come on dee..
    big is beautiful...
    thats what i say.....loosing wieght is hard as fuck...
    so thats my excuse.....:)

I45_TEXAS_I45 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

haha pikudo. Big is beautiful... thick is beautiful, beautiful beautiful beautiful ok.

But I think it would be more hot if I was still thick but with some kinda dope definition... i'm dying to have that lil V.. yet keep my big ol hips...... its gunna be hot.

Plus my arms, any good arm workouts? I hate that shit that isnt toned.. like the top is toned, but the bottom is shit!

10. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Oct 9, 2002

situps are more trouble than their worth, do crunches...like get into sit up position and just pull your head/chest up until you feel the burn in the stomach. do a lot of them shits. they dont seem like much but after you do a few youll feel it.

11. CemeteryKid

CemeteryKid New Jack

Just do pushups, maybe dumbell flyes. Do more repetions and don't lift as heavy weights, bench press, etc. Unless you want to get bulky.

12. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

Oh yeah, I mean crunches.. thats what I do.. I don't do situps.. Crunches, thats what i do.

Okay everyone has seen this so who cares:
    http://www.liquid2k.com/pistol/12oz/thankspistol.jpg

see on the left.. that line, the V.... (you can't see the othe part cuz of my tattoo) well i want that more defined but in a girly way.. and i know to get it is to do more crunches... because right now im just seeing that damn fucking belly.

anyone have before and after pictures of themselves? that would be interesting.. something we've never done..

13. CemeteryKid

CemeteryKid New Jack

Here's how to do bicycles. They work your abs good. I found a magazine that explains them better than I could.
    Lay on the floor with your hands positioned behind your head. Raise your legs so they are bent at the knees and hips. This is the starting position. Begin the exercise by curling your right leg up while curling your left shoulder off the floor and to the right. Once your left elbow touches your right knee, return to the starting position and bring your right elbow to your left knee. Instead of doing a million in a row. Try to do them in sets. For example 3 individual sets of bicycles, with 30 reps in each. Whatever feels good, if its working, your stomach should be burning. If it isn't do more. If it still isnt burning, you might be doing something wrong. And for the next to months stop drinking beer. I'm straight edge.

Look up ab workouts online. Pictures will help. I'll go find some good sites in the meantime.

14. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

p.s. no matter how i love to do pushups and i must admit i can do alot.. shit.. .i love it but damn my boobs will start to go down which is= BAD. very bad.

any other arm techniques?

i do this though.... i put my legs on a chair or table, with my body facing upwards, and do pushups" like that. im not exactly sure what im working out but its fun. haha.

15. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

Thanks Cemetary... sounds like a plan.. fr8 too.

okay with the beer problem... i'll try to cut back. maybe drink lights, or pussy beer first.. then eventually.. you know.. maybe i dont know... cut back more whatever that means. :: insert heartbroken smiley ::