Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Losing Teeth

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Spike, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Spike

Spike Senior Member

Argh, my dentist told me for several years that I needed orthodontic treatment and I completely ignored him.... then one of my friends who is a dentist had a look at my mouth and pretty much organised for me to get treatment there and then cuz he thought that my mouth was pretty fucked up. Thank god that this is all covered by medical insurance, but what is fucked up is the losing of healthy teeth. I just had two extracted today and it didn't hurt too much, but now it's beginning to really ache.

Share your tooth extration/braces/orthodontics experiences, since America is the land of shiny white teeth. Or something.

-Spike

2. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

when i was little i had to have a molar taken out due to the big ass cavity i had, the root canal wasn't going to work or something. I now have at least two fillings on each molar. lovely hunh?

my friends mom is missing some of her teeth up front, pretty bad looking. i cannot stress enough the importance of having your teeth!

i hate those dreams where all your teeth are loose and fall out!

3. villain

villain Veteran Member

4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

Never had a cavity. Never had a filling. Never had braces. Never had whitening.

Everytime I floss my teeth (at least every other day)
    I thank my lucky stars that I got my mom's 'gameshow host' teeth
    instead of my dad's 'snaggle tooth grill'. Thanks again mom!

5. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

^^ fine rub it in!

well at least i never needed braces and my teeth are nice and white.

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

call me ambesol.

damn.... lame humour today.

7. Spike

Spike Senior Member

Hmm. Lucky people. I've got white teeth, but nature chose to give me a small jaw and big teeth. The only reason I'm getting the treatment is because otherwise I can't even get to some of my teeth to brush them, meaning that they'll probably rot before I hit 30. Sucks eh?

Speaking of dreams where you lose your teeth, I had a freaky one where someone punched me in the face and I lost all my teeth, and it didn't hurt. Then later in the dream I suddenly had teeth again.

If only life were that simple.

8. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I've got a big enough jaw that I dont need to have wisdom teeth pulled.
    Well they pulled 1 of them and the rest can fit well and not make me go all snaggletooth.

9. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

ive never had a cavity and im real lax about my oral hygine.

unfortunetely, this fool was blessed with some straight up SHITTY teeth, so a few years of braces took care of it.

10. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

i thought this was gonna be about a greenday song. but i remember thats called pulling teeth. so i'm not sure why i bothered to post anyways......

11. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

Never had a problem with teeth..

The only memorable incident was when I got 4 wisdom teeth pulled out at once. (My jaw is too small)

I was midsentence, they knocked me out. I woke up continuing my sentence but unable to talk because I was sans 4 teeth and numbed.

It really got funny when my cheeks puffed up so I looked like a chipmunk while getting drunk and running away from 14 year old lesbians, goth/raver geeks and those strange older guys that seem to always leek in at house partys.

12. sneak

sneak Guest

this didnt happen to me, and i thank my lucky stars whenever i think of it. the story goes that this boy who i knew (he had braces) was skateing (inline) down a road near mine. now this road was a hill, hence the attraction to skaters. anywho...they guy was skating, tripped, fell, flew down the road on his face etc....

somehow, his braces got caught in the skin of the inside upper lip.

RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.....blood came gushing out as his mouth hit the ground. i think he only lost 1/2 a tooth, but his mouth was fucked. as you could imagine.

on a separate note, i think my story telling abbilities become some what better after a spliff....