Los Angeles Graffiti

Maz One

the Los Angeles Graffiti scene is a force that can't be denied, nothing twists your shit as much as driving along the freeway and staring up a fresh heaven from last night. this isn't meant to take away from other cities, it's just that LA has something special, a certain undefinable element to it's scene. This unspoken element is what lead to the creation of an LA based graff site known as The Prophets Have Spoken, http://www.nelanet.org/maz . The Prophets Have Spoken

It's a relatively new site(been up and running for about 6 or 7 months) and can be found on Art Crimes under the LA(walls) section. I just read the forum about not advertising, so i hope this isn't any disrespect to the writer's forum. It's a site i think people should check out, especially writer's from Los Angeles. The sections cover a wide array of areas, including a full photo documentation on the Figueroa Drive Thru Mural Project and a large section devoted to LA River Graffiti. I don't make any money off the site or graff, just like 99% of the population involved with graff, I do the site because graff is my passion.

I'm always looking for good photos of good work (the key word is GOOD!) and will gladly post some solid flics if you want to send them to me. My email is on the site, you can't miss it. Let me know what you think, give me some feedback.

AND TO ALL MY LA BRETHREN... i know i probably fucked up naming the artists/crews for some of the flics. if you come across anything that is incorrect, that you personally know is wrong, drop me a line and let me know whats up...i appreciate the help more than i can express. or if you see a shot of your own piece on there and just want to say whattup, i dig hearin from ya!

Get up, stay up, peace!

Maz One

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

good site. but i have a few coments.....in the LA river section, there are two pictures that need a name change. first "thesa" needs to be changed to "thesr" and the "gyer" needs to be changed to "guer". i will provide the links so people can laugh at your mistakes....just kidding but the guer was a huge fuckup..lol

http://www.nelanet.org/maz/Thesa.htm

http://www.nelanet.org/maz/gyer.htm

oops..."learning process" is meant in the sense of LA based graff writers(i moved from northern cali about a year ago and havent made my rounds to meet every writer yet). it wasn't meant in the sense of learning about graff. just wanted to clarify that

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey thanks a lot for the props guys. as for the navigation, i'm working on gettin the bugs out. i have a gang of flics to put up, but i just end up running out of areas for them. bottom line, i think the flics speak for themselves, it's just a matter of bein able to find them.

hey graff3421...where is "out here" anyways?

yea, i guess we are kinda close. if you ever want to send me some flics, feel free. i will post em up. one of my homies is from arizona, he makes treks out there every other month or so and does some severe bombin. anyways, thanks again for the props...maybe i'll check and see if some of the crew is down for an old school battle. =)

hasta

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to check your sight, I love wierd shit dude. I'm up in nor cal but lived in L.A. a couple years ago and miss that good old freeway graff. my east bay area website is under construction right now but I want to get some L.A. fliks in there but never get to travel. Hit me up in a post if you can help. I'M GONNA CHECK THE SITE. long live Cali graff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by Wind

good site. but i have a few coments.....in the LA river section, there are two pictures that need a name change. first "thesa" needs to be changed to "thesr" and the "gyer" needs to be changed to "guer". i will provide the links so people can laugh at your mistakes....just kidding but the guer was a huge fuckup..lol

http://www.nelanet.org/maz/Thesa.htm

http://www.nelanet.org/maz/gyer.htm

:lol:

^^ think this is for real?

i want to believe it, but i see dude only has a few posts and it makes me sketchy thinkin it might be a pig. underground christian artists, huh? WWJD? i don't think jesus would support graffiti, since it involves the destruction of property. if jesus was alive today, he would be the dopest graff artist out there, cuz he could just walk out on the water and hit bridge pillars, rocks, anything.

Theres a handfull of christian believing writers currently active these days. Its kinda stupid to think you can really be one and the other but none the less - FUNNY

the other day I saw something that said "Put all your trust in the lord" at first sight I thought it was someone from the lords crew .. then I was dissappointed that it wasnt. It looked more "banger" then anything though..

YO I WAS BOARD SO I FIGURE I CHECCK OUT YA SIGHT. AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS MAZ IS A COP TRYIN TA FIND OUT INFO ON ALL YALL? I MEAN SHIT, I LIVE A LONG WAY FROM L.A. BUT EVEN I KNOW THAT YA MAYOR DECLARED WAR ON YALL, AND THIS CAT MAZ IS MAD SUSPECT. ID BE A BIT CAREFULL IF I WAS YOU.

i'm not a cop. i state that on my site. i state that on here.

i have a graff site because i have love for graff and i think it's time to preserve our artwork in a forum where the art won't be buffed.

i know plenty of "big time" writers, most of them i am good friends with. i have met several cats over the past few years who i have helped out by showcasing their work on my site. i have street credibility, so i'm not too worried if you think i'm a cop or even "mad suspect".

yes, the chief of la declared war, so what? i had my site up and runnin before he was even here. enjoy my site for what it is, i have never asked anyone on here for personal info or even to meet up with me. i have an open offer to true graff artists who want to send me flics, i will post them up. i don't need to meet people through this site, i meet plenty of writers on my own in real life.

and while we're at it, i think you're a cop, making blatant accusations like that.

Archived