Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Los Angeles Graffiti

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Maz One, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Maz One

Maz One Member

the Los Angeles Graffiti scene is a force that can't be denied, nothing twists your shit as much as driving along the freeway and staring up a fresh heaven from last night. this isn't meant to take away from other cities, it's just that LA has something special, a certain undefinable element to it's scene. This unspoken element is what lead to the creation of an LA based graff site known as The Prophets Have Spoken, http://www.nelanet.org/maz . The Prophets Have Spoken
    It's a relatively new site(been up and running for about 6 or 7 months) and can be found on Art Crimes under the LA(walls) section. I just read the forum about not advertising, so i hope this isn't any disrespect to the writer's forum. It's a site i think people should check out, especially writer's from Los Angeles. The sections cover a wide array of areas, including a full photo documentation on the Figueroa Drive Thru Mural Project and a large section devoted to LA River Graffiti. I don't make any money off the site or graff, just like 99% of the population involved with graff, I do the site because graff is my passion.
    I'm always looking for good photos of good work (the key word is GOOD!) and will gladly post some solid flics if you want to send them to me. My email is on the site, you can't miss it. Let me know what you think, give me some feedback.
    AND TO ALL MY LA BRETHREN... i know i probably fucked up naming the artists/crews for some of the flics. if you come across anything that is incorrect, that you personally know is wrong, drop me a line and let me know whats up...i appreciate the help more than i can express. or if you see a shot of your own piece on there and just want to say whattup, i dig hearin from ya!

Get up, stay up, peace!

Maz One

2. exhibitone

exhibitone Guest

I LIKE WHAT I SAW
    FOR SOME REASON I THOUGH THE SITE TO BE A BIT STRANGE

3. Maz One

Maz One Member

thanks for the compliment. as for the site being strange, that goes hand in hand with me. i am a strange fucker. thanks...

4. Wind

Wind Guest

good site. but i have a few coments.....in the LA river section, there are two pictures that need a name change. first "thesa" needs to be changed to "thesr" and the "gyer" needs to be changed to "guer". i will provide the links so people can laugh at your mistakes....just kidding but the guer was a huge fuckup..lol
    http://www.nelanet.org/maz/Thesa.htm
    http://www.nelanet.org/maz/gyer.htm

5. Maz One

Maz One Member

hey Wind,

thanks a lot for the help on those links. like i said, i knew i probably fucked up on some of the artists. trust me, i expect many more responses like yours...it's all part of the learning process.

6. Maz One

Maz One Member

oops..."learning process" is meant in the sense of LA based graff writers(i moved from northern cali about a year ago and havent made my rounds to meet every writer yet). it wasn't meant in the sense of learning about graff. just wanted to clarify that

7. exhibitone

exhibitone Guest

its still nice though
    even on top of the fuck ups

8. killtheradio

killtheradio Member

hey maz ur shits fresh but ur slipin on a few names try to label ur flix with the right writer but other than that big ups...

9. seisUNOnueve

seisUNOnueve New Jack

nice site

but yo'...

theres a wall in the river section (4, i think)...anyways, it says VAIOE, CHIE, and APE...

yo'... its VATOE...CHIE...and APEklan (the crew) ((San Diego-619-on top!!!))

dope site

10. Maz One

Maz One Member

thanks goes out to the 6-1-9er. i'll make those updates soon, i hope.

11. Maz One

Maz One Member

by the way, i am now working on a section of my website that is going to showcase sketches of artists out there. so if you have any dope sketches, scan em in and send em to my email maz_one@nelanet.org thanks a lot guys for the support

12. gRaFF3421

gRaFF3421 Junior Member

Hey the flicks are awsome....I'd like to see you guys battlesome krewsou here like TF or FOK....Or 4U or GK(the krew im in)But stiLL props on the site

13. westy

westy Guest

the freeways were looking pretty sexy..........but the site was kinda strange to navigate

14. Maz One

Maz One Member

hey thanks a lot for the props guys. as for the navigation, i'm working on gettin the bugs out. i have a gang of flics to put up, but i just end up running out of areas for them. bottom line, i think the flics speak for themselves, it's just a matter of bein able to find them.

hey graff3421...where is "out here" anyways?

15. gRaFF3421

gRaFF3421 Junior Member

Out hre is in Arizona....LoL were close!!