LORD OF THE RINGS

Guest KING OF HELL

Guest KING OF HELL

my email is listed. write it down. why? because you are going to want to thank me for yelling at you to see this movie. make all gratuitous email to the listed adress.

there are movies in which something happens, i dont know....a camera pans back, or a big explosion, and your breath gets taken away. much like a rollercoaster ride. this movie was like that. every ten minutes for three fucking hours.

if you do not see this in the theater you are the one that misses out. even if you arent a big fan of the books, GO SEE IT YOU DOLTS!

i got to see it at midnight last night. best thing i have ever seen.

oh and check my special apearance in the movie as the balrog. it was weird. they hardly needed any make on me at all. i AM THE KING OF HELL after all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think its great that peter jackson got to direct it...dead alive, bad taste, and meet the feebles were excellent movies from when he was on a budget...dead alive has the most gore in any movie ever....im definately going to check out lord of the rings simply because peter jackson is the man and in hopes that he will reintroduce the sumatran rat monkey in lord of the rings....

Guest Pilau Hands

I've been waiting for this movie ever since the trailer played during Dawson's Creek. You know the one where Joey...

I hate being in theaters with tons of people...but I'm really gonna have to swallow shit for this one.

I was not going to see this movie, but the KING OF HELL's opinion has a chance of swaying me.

The reason I consider avoiding the movie is a curious one. I have read the books five, six, seven times and they hold a special place in my mental universe. So special, in fact, that to see the movie would threaten the sanctity of the mental images the books created in my head. I'd never be able to read the books again without the screen actors' faces appearing in place of my own conjurations.

I bet it's a fine movie - especially after hearing the Balrog's review - but I'm not sure I'll go.

tyler...you're a fucking dork. I'm sure there a million more places for you to go act bitter/whiney/overopinionated-undereducated besides this message board.

nothing wrong with a cynic, but dude, you try way to hard.

now on to lord of the rings-i missed a showing of it last night and im kicking myself. it'll be off the muscle

Guest chicken bone

lord of the rings and the hobbit are the reasons why i read today

im watching the movies as soon as possible!! you should read the books first though.. they're wonderful and beautiful

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

... and they hold a special place in my mental universe. So special, in fact, that to see the movie would threaten the sanctity of the mental images the books created in my head. I'd never be able to read the books again without the screen actors' faces appearing in place of my own conjurations.

couldn't have said it better.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Cracked is so true,

same thing happened to me with THE BEACH, the book really rocked and not only it rocked but i had this feeling that it was written for me.

Everything described in that book totally matched my style and thoughts.

Not to mention that i fantasised a character of that girl Francoise that made Virginie Ladoyen(the actress in the film) look cheap in comparison (imagine).

And yes it happens, everything is changed in your head, you cant enter that mental world anymore without stupid popups from the film...

The only movies that i really believed that were true to the book where,

High Fidelity and Apocalypse now..

So please, Hollywood, dont even try to make a movie out of 'Keeper in the rye' or any J.D.Salingers book, i wont see it.

Bravo to Cracked for bringin this up.

SAW IT !! AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN ANYTHING IVE SEEN B4 , BUT I LIKED THE BOOKS BETTER ---IMAGINATION...

yo cracked ass , while i see your point , im juiced about SEEING the movie because i want to see the actual ACTION , my mental idea of things are dope , but i dont think anyone can quite capteure the essence of the battle , the visuals , the dolby digital audio etc etc..so i think its worth it to have my idea of the tale slightly convoluted in order to gain the whole experience

yo tyler , what the fuk is up with half head guy?

ohh and FUCK YOU AND YOUR NEGATIVITY..........

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by Tesseract

Cracked is so true,

same thing happened to me with THE BEACH, the book really rocked and not only it rocked but i had this feeling that it was written for me.

Everything described in that book totally matched my style and thoughts.

Not to mention that i fantasised a character of that girl Francoise that made Virginie Ladoyen(the actress in the film) look cheap in comparison (imagine).

And yes it happens, everything is changed in your head, you cant enter that mental world anymore without stupid popups from the film...

The only movies that i really believed that were true to the book where,

High Fidelity and Apocalypse now..

So please, Hollywood, dont even try to make a movie out of 'Keeper in the rye' or any J.D.Salingers book, i wont see it.

Bravo to Cracked for bringin this up.

pretty sure it's "catcher in the rye" but i could be mistaken, though i doubt that on this one.

Originally posted by drinktheblood

the books are the same way bro, hollywood had nothing to do with that one. you should read them now before the next two movies come out.

i just didnt know that there is gonna be be 3 episodes... good for them... after the first one im heated to see the next ones.....

books... gottya buy new ones... the got lost somewhere along the way....

Guest KING OF HELL

yeah. the books end in exactly the same place. and to think that if this was a three hour movie, and there are going to be two more three hour episodes...uuuugggghhhh. im drooling.

hey cracked. i was unsure about the actors and all, i never really like elijiah woods, but in this movie the casting = very good.

i too have been a fanboy of the books and the mythology. but after seeing this. its still not swayed me.

viggo mortensen is the opitome of what i thought ARAGORN to be. same with the hobbits. but let me tell you how amped i am about my favorite character. LEGOLAS. dude nailed it to a T. same with GIMLI.

but LEGOLAS is fresh.

galadriel and elrond are unusual casting but they hold great water.

go see it and fuck the negetivity

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by BIGMETALCIRCUS

pretty sure it's "catcher in the rye" but i could be mistaken, though i doubt that on this one.

True, its Catcher. Thanx for pointing this out.

I just translate my thoughts when i write here so bad transaltion;)

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by KING OF HELL

yeah. the books end in exactly the same place. and to think that if this was a three hour movie, and there are going to be two more three hour episodes...uuuugggghhhh. im drooling.

hey cracked. i was unsure about the actors and all, i never really like elijiah woods, but in this movie the casting = very good.

i too have been a fanboy of the books and the mythology. but after seeing this. its still not swayed me.

viggo mortensen is the opitome of what i thought ARAGORN to be. same with the hobbits. but let me tell you how amped i am about my favorite character. LEGOLAS. dude nailed it to a T. same with GIMLI.

but LEGOLAS is fresh.

galadriel and elrond are unusual casting but they hold great water.

go see it and fuck the negetivity

was legolas the elf with the bow and arrow? there were alot of names, almost so many names of people and places that i got confused.

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

The books were great, true classics. But I am so against all this huge hollywood blockbuster shit it's not even funny. You're all falling into their trap. The whole celebrity culture is just.......I could go on for hours.

I will never see that movie.

Peter Jackson is haardly the typical holywood dickheaded director. ever see meet the feebles?. same guy.

id support him in a sec.

Archived