Lord Of The Rings II

Secret

The graphics were amazing, but damn that shit was boring. After an hour and a half... I fell asleep. I'd wake up... still on. Wake up 45 minutes later... the movie was STILL on. I hope my date didn't get offended... he knows I fall asleep in EVERY movie. Maybe I should read the book instead....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Whaaaat... are you kidding me? This one had way more action and way more insanely impossible shots. The problem is, the first one wowed me so much, I was almost indifferent to the special effects this time... almost.

Gollum is the illest shit I have ever seen onscreen. I've always felt that CGI characters are very unconvincing because they're too easy to tell apart from real ones, even though it's hard to put my finger on what it is that makes them look fake. Well, for the most part, Gollum had me convinced. He looks fucking REAL. At some points the CGness sticks out, but overall, I couldn't believe that he was a completely digital creation.

Everything else was utterly convincing too... the tree people were nuts, and watching Massive at work was ridiculous. They were by far the best special effects I have ever seen in a movie, and I'm an SFX nut. The only unconvincing part? The water at the end... you can tell it's a miniature set from the size of the spray and the way it flows. Understandable, since simulating large bodies of water is one of the unattainable holy grails of SFX.

But yeah, the movie lives up to the first, and again I can't wait for next Christmas. Beer,

El Mamerro

I didn't see the first one but I read half of the book and found it to be boring. I saw the two towers yesterday, the direction was nice but jesus christ was it boring, the dialogue and general story line put me to sleep. The only thing cool were the trees and the end fight scene.

Here is the whole movie: Walking with boring talk, fight, walking with boring talk, fight, walking with boring talk, fight.

Not worth the money, see it on video.

this book was kind of the link from the first to the third just the middle stuff that has to happen in order to get to the bad ass stuff, but it still kicked ass and the third one is better than both of them put together i think.

sorry for wasting your time.

stupid rookie, idiot!

Originally posted by Secret

The graphics were amazing, but damn that shit was boring. After an hour and a half... I fell asleep. I'd wake up... still on. Wake up 45 minutes later... the movie was STILL on. I hope my date didn't get offended... he knows I fall asleep in EVERY movie. Maybe I should read the book instead....

i agree

Guest willy.wonka

gollum fighting with his personal demon was hillarious..that movie is so tripped out..everybody takin on some "upgrades in that flik"

Originally posted by willy.wonka

gollum fighting with his personal demon was hillarious..

did you notice that when it showed his "dark" side his pupils were tiny and when hes was normal they were regular size?

lord of the rings is on some drug shit

Guest willy.wonka
Originally posted by DMX

did you notice that when it showed his "dark" side his pupils were tiny and when hes was normal they were regular size?

lord of the rings is on some drug shit

ha, i seen that..but for real..that shit is real among people..you can tell your darkside to go away, but when youre hurt, its comes right back to eat you..i've seen people act like that.

i couldnt help but luagh..

the whole hobbit thing is tripped out..kinda like reading the bible some might say.

It was sooo good! I loved it.

Smeagol looks like this kid Isaac I knew when was a little kid. trip out.

Legolas is hot! oh yeah- and where the hell does he keep getting his arrows from?

Originally posted by Secret

The graphics were amazing, but damn that shit was boring. After an hour and a half... I fell asleep. I'd wake up... still on. Wake up 45 minutes later... the movie was STILL on.

an hour after that I woke up and that shit was STILL ON!

The graphics were dope for sure though. I mean Smeegle was kinda ...like...almost cute -in my deliriously misguided naivete.

Graphics were definitely bad ass...especially the Imps. One of past problems with the CG characters is that they always seemed a little brighter and shinier than everything else. There were some spots like that on Gollum, but otherwise pretty damn tight.

I probably would have liked the movie better if it wasn't for the Tourette Syndrome kid I sat down next to. Fucker wouldn't shut the fuck up.

Archived