Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Looting freights...

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by deformatron, Mar 13, 2002.

1. deformatron

deformatron Member

I heard that one of the reasons that security is becoming tighter on yards is because people steal shit out of boxcars. what do they ship that people want? i always thought it was mostly pallettes, sand, coal, and stuff in bulk that nobody could use or carry themselves.

2. nick5542

nick5542 Member

what

one time i was hitting a train and it was full of mail away brides so i stole em. it was bad ass.

not really though.

3. Are2

Are2 Guest

that is a problem in my area..

there are usually tropicana juice jugs all over the place..

people do it for the fuck of it..i know more than a few (foolish) writers who have done it..

they've gotten plenty of stupid shit, like paper towels,
    but they have also gotten beer

i have heard (sad) stories of mail being stolen as well.

...PEOPLE WILL STEAL ANYTHING
    it doesn't have to be of any value..
    and yes, it brings a lot of heat down.

4. deformatron

deformatron Member

fuck bringing heat, next time im in my yard im cleaning up some cans and crap.

5. nocalfr8tr

nocalfr8tr Member

pickles...a lot of damn pickles!

6. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Sore subject. We've covered this before. The vast majority of cars carry stuff that is useless or even impossible to steal: bricks, lumber, giant rolls of paper, coal, limestone, clay, chemicals, grain, plastic pellets, etc. The trouble is that rarely cars will carry coffee (110 lb. bags), beer or wine or some other reasonably desirable cargo. There are some hot spots where people know there are beer cars, and security has gone up drastically in those areas due to breakins.
    Obviously, this activity brings heat big-time. I and my boys will straight up vick anybody we see breaking into cars, unless we're seriously outnumbered or in unfamiliar territory. I would at least consider fronting as an angry worker rolling on them. (Depending on your location, you may not want to try this, you could always get killed rolling on some well-armed thieves.)

7. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

"I and my boys will straight up vick anybody we see breaking into cars"
    -cracked

as in vick vapor rub? seriously ive never heard that term.....either way, i hope you catch a few.....

stupid people....:rolleyes:

8. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

i've heard the term used by people from nyc.

9. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i think it means make a victim out of ..........

theres hella good stuff in some cars , but mostly just industrial junk .......like cracked said

10. kinkosnerd

kinkosnerd Junior Member

its good to see that there is somewhat of a consensus opinion that stealing from trains is bad. this gives me a bit more hope.

11. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

i walked into a yard once, and took a whole boxcar out in my back pack.
    Yes i walked into that yard, took the wholeboxar out in my backpack.
    See I aint had no freight cars since my baby been gone.

No i aint no pussy
    I take the whole car, not that shit in it
    No I aint no pussy,
    I take the whole car not the shit in it.
    Cause ive been stealin frieght cars since i was 5 years old.

dont ask me??????????????????????????????????

12. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

sorry for the slang
    i was under the impression "vic" as a verb was short for "victimize"
    as in "fuck you up and take your shit"...

13. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

newspapers, alot of old newspapers.
    scrap metal.
    grain.
    ammonia.
    basically useless shit. ive looked at it before, but stealing never even crossed my mind, even when i found the car full of corona. yes, i turned down caes upon caes of corona for a spot.

14. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

Felony Burglary of Railroad Property

Five to Twenty. No thanks. I don't care if the cars were full of gold Kruggerands, it ain't worth going to prison over.

15. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

hahaha....cracked its saule goode...slang has its place....i just never heard that term before....i dig it....and as i said before i hope you get to use it in action....causing heat for papertowels or cases of beer is simply retarded...maybe itll knock some sense into em....