1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Looking for a good Bit Torrent site

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by InnerCityRebel, Dec 25, 2004.

1. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel 12oz Veteran Member

Looking for a good Bit Torrent site

Discussion started by InnerCityRebel - Dec 25, 2004

anyone know of any good Bit Torrent sites?Don't say supernova.org they have gone down for good.So i am looking for something like that site.. :snowman:

InnerCityRebel - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton 12oz Senior Member

JohnnyHorton - Replied Dec 25, 2004

JohnnyHorton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel 12oz Veteran Member

InnerCityRebel - Replied Dec 25, 2004

yeah i guess i should have said i wanted music..hip-hop to be exact and not this 50 cent and lil john shit either

InnerCityRebel - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. DREDZ

DREDZ 12oz Senior Member

DREDZ - Replied Dec 25, 2004

'''i've found it hard to find alot of indie hiphop artists' shit on the bit torrent site that i used to fuck with...i am also open to recommendations ...

DREDZ - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton 12oz Senior Member

JohnnyHorton - Replied Dec 25, 2004

i don't know... i haven't been able to find a good tracker that fucks with hiphop
    www.indietorrents.com does some hiphop... but its mostly underground ...

JohnnyHorton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. spectr

spectr Guest

spectr - Replied Dec 25, 2004

i've been waiting for this thread to start, yeah suprnova going down sucks, but it was bound to happen.
    http://www.silentdragz.net/suprfaq/
    check that its why suprnova went down and has a list of pretty good sites.
    i use lokitorrent.com allot they have a pretty good selection of music and movies.
    torrentspy is as good as suprnova but i have been noticing problems with thier code recently.

7. Porcheezee

Porcheezee Guest

Porcheezee - Replied Dec 25, 2004

yo yo bi-torrent.com is a working suprnova mirror. it's still going, but some of the trackers need a password, but if you really want the shit just go to the website on the tracker and sign up.

8. effyoo

effyoo 12oz Elite Member

effyoo - Replied Dec 25, 2004

File-Swap Site Folds for Good

Associated Press Page 1 of 1

01:53 PM Dec. 20, 2004 PT

NEW YORK -- One of the web's most popular file-sharing sites has shut down less than a week after Hollywood announced a flurry of lawsuits against operators of such internet servers.

A note posted on Suprnova.org, which facilitated sharing among users of the BitTorrent program, said the site was "closing down for good." The collection of links to downloadable files, including music, movies and books, was taken down.

"We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything," the statement said.

Reached via Suprnova.org's chat room, the site's anonymous operator refused to comment on why it had shut down.

Last week, movie studios sued more than 100 operators of U.S. and European sites that host BitTorrent links but did not name the defendants.

Suprnova.org was the most popular repository for links to files that could be downloaded using the BitTorrent program.

Another site that carried BitTorrent links, N4p.com, said it had shut down due to a civil complaint that cited the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Torrentbits.org and Phoenix-torrents.com also shut down.

Still, there were plenty of sites with BitTorrent links alive Monday, including a "mirror," or copy, of Suprnova.org.

BitTorrent has grown quickly in popularity this year, and now accounts for more than a third of all traffic on the internet, according to research company CacheLogic.

The program owes its popularity in part to its immunity to industry attempts to confound it with bogus decoy files, which have swamped some other networks. BitTorrent also allows for efficient and speedy downloads.

The Motion Picture Association of America last week said it is planning similar action against operators of servers that direct data for the Direct Connect and eDonkey file-swapping services.

link

just google 'suprnova mirror' and you should be able to find what you need

effyoo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

the_gooch - Replied Dec 25, 2004

the_gooch - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  10. CRAMPS

CRAMPS 12oz Senior Member

CRAMPS - Replied Dec 25, 2004

do you guys know of a fast bit torrent downloader? im using torrent storm, and im trying to download season 3 of rockos modern life and its taking over 200 hours. sometimes flexing up to 300.

anything will help!.

CRAMPS - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. spectr

spectr Guest

spectr - Replied Dec 25, 2004

thats not the way torrents work, it depends on the number of people using that tracker to download/upload a file.

12. CRAMPS

CRAMPS 12oz Senior Member

CRAMPS - Replied Dec 25, 2004

oooh
    ok.....well not alot of people are seeding rocko season 3 then..

back to downloading

CRAMPS - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Dec 26, 2004

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra 12oz Senior Member

LaCosaNostra - Replied Dec 26, 2004

LaCosaNostra - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller 12oz Elite Member