Looking for a good Bit Torrent site

InnerCityRebel

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i've been waiting for this thread to start, yeah suprnova going down sucks, but it was bound to happen.

http://www.silentdragz.net/suprfaq/

check that its why suprnova went down and has a list of pretty good sites.

i use lokitorrent.com allot they have a pretty good selection of music and movies.

torrentspy is as good as suprnova but i have been noticing problems with thier code recently.

Guest Porcheezee

yo yo bi-torrent.com is a working suprnova mirror. it's still going, but some of the trackers need a password, but if you really want the shit just go to the website on the tracker and sign up.

File-Swap Site Folds for Good

Associated Press Page 1 of 1

01:53 PM Dec. 20, 2004 PT

NEW YORK -- One of the web's most popular file-sharing sites has shut down less than a week after Hollywood announced a flurry of lawsuits against operators of such internet servers.

A note posted on Suprnova.org, which facilitated sharing among users of the BitTorrent program, said the site was "closing down for good." The collection of links to downloadable files, including music, movies and books, was taken down.

"We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything," the statement said.

Reached via Suprnova.org's chat room, the site's anonymous operator refused to comment on why it had shut down.

Last week, movie studios sued more than 100 operators of U.S. and European sites that host BitTorrent links but did not name the defendants.

Suprnova.org was the most popular repository for links to files that could be downloaded using the BitTorrent program.

Another site that carried BitTorrent links, N4p.com, said it had shut down due to a civil complaint that cited the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Torrentbits.org and Phoenix-torrents.com also shut down.

Still, there were plenty of sites with BitTorrent links alive Monday, including a "mirror," or copy, of Suprnova.org.

BitTorrent has grown quickly in popularity this year, and now accounts for more than a third of all traffic on the internet, according to research company CacheLogic.

The program owes its popularity in part to its immunity to industry attempts to confound it with bogus decoy files, which have swamped some other networks. BitTorrent also allows for efficient and speedy downloads.

The Motion Picture Association of America last week said it is planning similar action against operators of servers that direct data for the Direct Connect and eDonkey file-swapping services.

link

just google 'suprnova mirror' and you should be able to find what you need

Originally posted by CRAMPS@Dec 25 2004, 07:20 PM

do you guys know of a fast bit torrent downloader? im using torrent storm, and im trying to download season 3 of rockos modern life and its taking over 200 hours. sometimes flexing up to 300.

anything will help!.

thats not the way torrents work, it depends on the number of people using that tracker to download/upload a file.

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller@Dec 26 2004, 10:22 PM

Music??

soulseek.

http://www.slsknet.org

i've been noticing recently that soulseek just isn't cutting it anymore like it used to. i remember searching for the most obscure underground songs and almost always finding them. now, i'm lucky if i can find anything, even more popular stuff.

also, about the download speed of torrents... i was always confused. i knew the number of people sharing the file mattered, but there have been times when there's almost 100 people that i'm connected to, and i'll only be downloading at 8 or 9 KB/s. i noticed that i download smaller files at much higher speeds, but big files rarely get over 20 KB/s. weird... and i tried all that port forwarding crap... nothing helped.

Originally posted by Herbivore+Dec 27 2004, 09:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Herbivore - Dec 27 2004, 09:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ferris Bueller@Dec 26 2004, 10:22 PM

Music??

soulseek.

http://www.slsknet.org

i've been noticing recently that soulseek just isn't cutting it anymore like it used to. i remember searching for the most obscure underground songs and almost always finding them. now, i'm lucky if i can find anything, even more popular stuff.

also, about the download speed of torrents... i was always confused. i knew the number of people sharing the file mattered, but there have been times when there's almost 100 people that i'm connected to, and i'll only be downloading at 8 or 9 KB/s. i noticed that i download smaller files at much higher speeds, but big files rarely get over 20 KB/s. weird... and i tried all that port forwarding crap... nothing helped.

[/b]

might very well be 100 people on 56k also the new windows updates cap the amount of bandwith that file sharing programs are allowed to use so if you have installed the new updates that might very well be the problem to i usually get speeds of over 60 or 70 kb/s, depending on what bit torrent protocol you are using you can change how much bandwith it uses to.

the only service pack i have is #1. and i've downloaded enough large files (games) to know that it's more than a possible coincidence of being connected to all dialup users. it's weird... i'll always be uploading at about twice the speed i'm downloading. but then i'll download something small, like an app (say, 15MB) and it'll reach speeds of 100KB/s and stay that way for the duration of the download. big files have taken me several weeks to finish. i don't know, i've given up trying to figure out the cause of that...