Longevity & Numbers- most overlooked

bigdork

With the Internet and books by non freight writers skewing the game a bit, I wanted to give my shouts out to the writers that have been contributing to the culture longer than most with little shine. These Dudes I have been benching since the 90's. Thanks.. any others come to mind?

Takt- AKB

Rite- AKB

Shore-IHP

Jale- TVC

Space- BMC, ITD

Learn- YME, (T)

Ugly- KOS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

By overlooked I mean, dudes that have been steadily putting in work since the 90's, but you dont see them in all the mags, books, posts, or vids. Maybe they dont have the "dopest" style or have shitty car selection.. but they are supremely dedicated and keep painting decade after decade. I would definatley add Herion, Here's my thing with Ono- might be unpopular, but yeah he straight crushed from like 99-02. Maybe was one of the first dudes to get 1000. But then he just stopped, latest one ive seen is from 04. And he still gets in mags and books, yeah he deserves it for historical reasons, but dudes like the one's I mentioned are still painting decade after decade and get little shine. I just think longevity and commitiment are very crucial.

• 3 weeks later...

Rite- AKB

i met this dude 10 years ago. total train nerd. in otherwords my kinda guy as far as graffiti goes. pulled out an old ammo box with like 500000 flicks in it. Hes probably got 500000 more by now. his stuff was kinda ugly sometimes but you know that really doesnt matter much to me. he painted/paints A LOT and truly loves it. that gets a lot of points in my book.

Takt and Rite paint for ASB not AKB, but yeah they put in mad work, and have got little if any shine in well over 15 years in the game shine, but then again neither believe in self promo or trolling the interweb for props. Takt literally painted till he had a stroke he is paralyzed and probably won't ever paint again unless he gets ATV tires for his wheel chair which is some shit the dude would try and pull off. He would probably thank you for noticeing his work he has his own manifesto about graffiti in general and rarely associates with other writers except for those dudes in ASB

i met this dude 10 years ago. total train nerd. in otherwords my kinda guy as far as graffiti goes. pulled out an old ammo box with like 500000 flicks in it. Hes probably got 500000 more by now. his stuff was kinda ugly sometimes but you know that really doesnt matter much to me. he painted/paints A LOT and truly loves it. that gets a lot of points in my book.
, and yeah Rite is a total freight nerd, but he knows how to read the lines the WW II Ammo box ain't no joke he has thought shit pad locked in a crypt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...