Longboard Accident

ana

So I'm riding to work today-just thinking about some stuff I have to do tonight when all of a sudden I'm on the ground, my head is 2 feet from cars going 50 klicks, I have gravel burn on my arms and legs and my wrist hurts really, really bad. Some bastard didn't look when pulling out of an alley and threw me into traffic. He gets out of his car and starts telling me that I need to be more careful and look where I'm going and that now his insurance rates are going to go up and "what's a nice girl like you doing riding a thing like that? (pointing at my longboard, which thank god wasn't broken) I'm sure I'll laugh about it one day but christ I still can't believe that people are such assholes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest serpent of the light

well, less spinning is never a bad thing. i'm listening to metallica, wooo. anyways, get well, etc.

Guest serpent of the light

soon i will have tattoos to show off and then we can fight for her, but you can keep the plate thing for yourself...

(are we positive its a her anyways?)

Originally posted by ana

..... "what's a nice girl like you doing riding a thing like that? (pointing at my longboard, which thank god wasn't broken) I'm sure I'll laugh about it one day but christ I still can't believe that people are such assholes.

Guest platapie
Originally posted by ana

I just found out my wrist is sprained so no spraying or spinning for a while. Motherfuck.

what kind fo spinning?records?

i got hit buy a car once. i was running in high school. this teacher hit me. it was like in the movies when someone is getting chased and they run into traffic and slide across the hood and keep running. i was in a zone and i kept running for several meters then i stopped and she had such a look of shock on her face.

Longboard? They make longboard skateboards now? What are they for, like riding really big ramps or something? "Longboard," in my vocabulary means a single-skeg surfboard longer than 8'6", with enough floatation so you can knee paddle it.

As a matter of fact, I wish to hell I was sitting out beyond the bump at Trestle's on a three-stick Jacobs this very second, only about 1968, rubbing Sex Wax on the patch and daydreaming about smooching up my new girlfriend in Encinitas. But I digress. Pass the bottle.

Trestles'

Trestles is a Southern California surf spot on the beach of Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, just south of San Clemente, CA. It is a glorious point break, a serious drop and a long right. The left is rideable if the swell is just so, but hardly anybody bothers, since you've got one of the longest, hollowest, fastest rights in California right there.

The Marine Base lets civilians use the beach now (or did, twenty years ago) but the first few times I ever surfed Trestles we had to sneak in. There is a ritzy neighborhood right there near the point, and from the highway you could see the break, out beyond the Southern Pacific trestle that gave the place it's name.

Around the other side, north, is Cotton's Point. Back in 1967, Richard Nixon had yet to buy his famous San Clemente White House mansion out on Cotton's Point. We sneaked into the beach through a big horse stable paddock attached to that residential area (PRIVATE PROPERTY--TRESSPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED) down a hillock of ice plant, and across somebody's big back yard to the beach. Once we hit the beach we were on public property.

The surf was great at Cotton's that day. We stayed out for hours, but eventually I lost my board and had to swim in, and I had to take a dump, real bad.

Each one of these estates had a flight of stairs leading down to the beach. I needed a little privacy, so I went up a stairway and found some good, brushy foliage. While I was squatting there in the brush, I could see the back of the house. It looked vacant. It was a huge turd, cause I'd saved it up all day.

A few years later I saw Nixon's San Clemente estate on TV, and lo and behold, IT WAS THE SAME PLACE I TOOK A SHIT. I tell people this story once in a while and they always say "Nixon? Who's that?"

Another great spot, just south of Cotton's point, but north of Trestles is Barbed Wires. It's straight offshore from a HUGE tangle of barbed wire that the Marines emplaced on the beach to stop tresspassers, but it didn't work. They used to patrol the beach in a Jeep with a couple of MP's in it, and try to catch surfers. We got caught once, but they let us go after a big lecture. The MP's were about twenty years old. They knew it was bullshit, but they had to go through the motions of kicking us out. We figured it out, so when we got up to the MP shack, we acted real downcast and meek, and they shouted real harsh, like they had scared us shitless, "This is GOVERNMENT PROPERTY! If we see any of you people here again, you'll be ARRESTED and PROSECUTED. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" We nodded meekly, like "Yes, sir, Mr. Military Policeman." Their sergeant looked on approvingly. We straggled off, carrying our boards down PCH. The next day at daylight, we were sitting out in the take-off area, watching the MP's drive around on the beach in their Jeep like a couple of angry hornets. Tough shit, fellas.

When I was in the Marines, I was stationed on Camp Pendleton MCB, at Camp Horno, about twenty miles or so from Trestles. I went surfing every day after work. It was like being in heaven--only with a real short haircut, LOL. California girls hate Marines. Life is definately not fair.

longboards are the shit for cruising around town

i have been making longboards with my friends for years

wood and fiberglass and alot of work and you will have a board that will cut like a champ bombing down hills or weaving in and out of people

ive had my share of bad falls while bombing down hills

my palms are fucked up

my shins have slashes

my knees are screwed

and a gash on my left side is still numb a year after the fall

if freephoto wasnt acting up i could post some pictures

Originally posted by JUWSE

you should skate a normal board. longboards are hard to control.

no way! i've been into longskate for about 4 years now, and it beats the hell out of a shortboard. way more control and stability, and i don't even tighten my trucks, they just kinda flop around. it takes a little practice, but they're much easier to control.

Archived