long shot...

nozaki

i was driving on the turnpike and my 95 civic ex started smoking from underneath the hood. i looked at the temp gage and it was all the way up(no bells sounded or lights came on to warn me)...so i pull off the exit that is luckily like a 1/4 mile away, and as i'm coasting off the exit my engine shut off. pushed it to a gas station, let her cool down. i noticed radiator fluid on the inside of the hood, but no leaks in the hoses...the fluid was basically al gone...i added fluid, and went o add oil...when i unscrewed the oil cap SMOKE came out...i knew i was in trouble...i poured some oil in, let the car sit for a good hour, and then started it...i could hear the starter, but couldn't hear the engine turning...i'm guessing it's seized from the heat...i'm not to knowledgable, so i was wondering what might need to be fixed on my car...i've took the "long shot" approach and tried new plugs, but no good. i'm guessing i'll need to buy a new cylinder head? i found one for 300 dollars(rebuilt)...i don't even know if i should buy it, because i don't know if that's what i need...any help is greatly appreciated!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn, if you ride on a car with no oil in it for too long you can crater the engine block and be forced to replace the entire thing. i had a friend that but holes in 2 blocks in one year. its expensive so hope its not that but if thats the case it usually wont drive at all after the car finally shuts down the first time. if it does it just goes really slow from what i remember.

before you go buying stuff you should see a mechanic because you dont want to invest in something to find out you never needed to and you wasted the funds.

it sounds to me also like the engine seized up due to lack of lubrication. Depending on how much damage you did to your car there are a whole host of things your going to have to do to get it started ranging from it might just need a complete fluids change all the way up to buying a new engine.

i'm thinking when your engine overheats and no gauges come on to warn you, there is a serious problem. if that was because you had no oil left, and the thing won't start, you prolly put a big ass hole in your engine block, which is what everyone else said, but i guess i'll offer the advice to scrap the car and get a bike.

cars are a bitch and generally not worth all the effort, time, risk, and dough.

Fuck a bike,nothings worse then preacher hippies that aren't into cars.What if homie was way out in the burbs and needed to be to work on time everyday and public trans wasn't a vaible option and his bike ride would be way to long,ware him out for the rest of the day thus making him useless? Then what? drive his selfsatisfaction go cart to the office? Fuck it.

Dude treat your whip like yourself,if you don't get regular fluids you die plain and simple!

yeah, you're right.

we live in a society utterly dependent, and completely constructed around cars.

they are going to fuck our environment and run our oil dry.

but yeah, status quo is a beautiful thing.

keep on keepin on with your motorized instruments of polluting death hahahaa..

we may as well continue the stranglehold of a car on a person's life.

..when i was nearly killed in a car wreck, one of many i've been in that have not been my fault, my car was totalled and i didn't get any money because the guy who hit me basically had no insurance. i had NO OTHER CHOICE but to start riding my bike.

:bawling: so don't cry to me about how i don't understand what a fucked situation a person is in when their car dies and they have no way to get anywhere. that is not my fucking fault, that is the way we have built our entire country. i am offering what can sometimes be a viable, even if unfathomable, solution.

it isn't about being a fucking hippie.

it's about being self reliant.

and if the car was so neccessary to sustain life, maybe he should have put some fuckin oil in it.