long john silvers

Guest beardo

Guest beardo

i was eating this awesome local burger joint today, right accross the street from a LJS and got to thinking- i have never even had the slightest desire to eat at that place. in fact, i dont think i know anyone whose eaten there ever.

what gives?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You know... I haven't eaten there either. I should really try it sometime.

I remember having a similar conversation with someone about an Ames store that was out of business. We were saying it probably went out of business cause we didn't even know what it was.

I guess LJS is one of the few franchises that can survive without massive advertising campaignes so I guess the food must actually be good!

I hear IHOP is good... but I've never eaten there either. Every time I try and go there is a line out the door...

That's why I prefer underrated mom and pop shops.... chances are you'll get something bigger, better and cheaper.

Originally posted by villain

I hear IHOP is good... but I've never eaten there either. Every time I try and go there is a line out the door...

That's why I prefer underrated mom and pop shops.... chances are you'll get something bigger, better and cheaper.

</span>IHOP is good but there hashbrowns are wack, dennys hashbrowns are better.

i haven't eaten there either... but we dont have em here.. we have captain d's... which has an awesome commercial w/ a monk dancing w/ his fish sticks.

during skribble 97, or 98.. my cousin's girl wouldn't shut up the entire time abotu just wanting to eat at either perkin's or long john silvers.... we didn't go to either.

Originally posted by LENS

all of those chain restaurants are total shit. Fit only for long road trips and coming home from snowboarding.

Otherwise they all deserve to burn.

</span> Yes. Particularly KFC and McDs.

All the ones around my area closed but 8-10 years ago...I was driving to another mall the other day and they had one.......Supposedly it was a damn good one and they had a shit load of business from the elderly........I personnaly never ate or would eat there.......Too maby bad stories heard about it........

Im always at i-hop, that's the crew get-together spot., we went to long john silvers back in 93 i think, havent been there since. Denny's blows asschunks.

all those fast food places blow as well. It's all about the streetside vendors selling pupusas and tacos for a buck fifty.

Guest diggity

its probably safe to eat the chicken at LJS. I hardly eat any seafood at all but i definatly wouldnt it as fast food.

i ate there in 2002, and then in 2003 i actually liked it. it was really heavy but i got an assorted combo of deep friend sea food and cool shit like hush puppies that were a real novelty because i had never heard of the stuff before, and if i remember correctly it was really cheap in comparisson to the high prices of sea food here in aus.

i've never been there...or red lobster.

or taco bell.

really.

i think living near 20 authentic mexican restaurants has always made taco bell look like shit.

and me and my dad used to go to this shrimp house in the middle of cabrini green (chicago projects, where candyman was filmed) that had the BEST seafood ever. another reason not to go to one of those chains.

one of the foods i miss as a veggie ^^:(

Guest beardo

i've decided to go to long john silvers sometime in the near future, just to see what its all about. i'll keep you posted

I used to BEG the 'rents to take me there when I was a kid.

hell.... I spent 4 years of my life sailing and working on a square rigged ship...

so I was 90% a pirate and I have to look out for the bretheren.

Archived