Long Island Writers Forum: PART III

oath.NYC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: just curious??

Originally posted by lo5.iTwilD

anyone know if long island has any sort of vandel squad?? i mean i've seen mta police chill around the lines but thats about it..

See, THIS is a DOPE topic for y'all to get together on! Nobody get's hurt but the cops! :)

BTW, flicks don't work in the 3rd Rail, the 'img' codes are turned off... post flicks in the Benches section of the forum.

Originally posted by whiteboy 516

BY THE WAY LOS_-_WHERE HAVE THE CKS BOYS GONE????

niggas are on the run!!!:eek:

but nah for real there still around doing there thing...

seen some hs hte shit yesterday and some bilz shit .. anyone ever seen bilz up .. his styles pretty fresh. just wondering!!!

here's the article it just doesn't have the pics online

Town Code Sets to Wipe Graffiti Clean

By Mitchell Freedman

STAFF WRITER

April 8, 2002

Riverhead officials, trying to crack down on graffiti, beefed up its town code last week by making it illegal for people under 18 to possess cans of spray paint or felt-tipped markers in public.

The code change also forces merchants to clean graffiti off their property or face fines of up to $2,500.

But even as they voted for the measure Tuesday night, town board members complained that one of the worst examples of graffiti in their town - a 10-car Long Island Rail Road ghost train abandoned on a prominent railroad siding in Calverton - is immune from town codes.

"It's been there about two months ... too long," Supervisor Robert Kozakiewicz said.

The train, off Edwards Avenue just south of the Calverton Links golf course, is a garish rainbow of names and colors and splotches. Most of the cars have broken windows or missing screens on the undercarriage.

Several cars show signs of damage, with dents or rips in the metal. In some cases, insulation is falling out.

"The MTA doesn't have to pay any attention to the town code. They politely informed us of that," said Joey MacLellan, executive assistant to Supervisor Robert Kozakiewicz. "We're trying to work with the MTA to get it moved. They said they're waiting for a place to send it to its grave."

LIRR spokesman Brian Dolan said, "We have 10 M-1 and M-3 cars that have been taken out of service because they have suffered extensive damage, and they are stored there temporarily. We're looking to move the cars by late spring and they will be scrapped."

The change in town code gives Riverhead merchants 30 days to clean up any graffiti on their property, once the town notifies them about it.

Tim Yousik, president of the Riverhead Business Improvement District, said he supports the idea of heavy fines for graffiti offenders and merchants who won't deal with public eyesores on their walls, but doesn't think banning spray cans and markers is fair.

"It's the dumbest thing I heard of in my whole life," Yousik said. "You have maybe 10 kids who spray. If you have a 17-year-old who has to send his mother to buy a magic marker, isn't that ridiculous."

Yousik said that he regularly has to deal with graffiti in the bathroom of his restaurant on Main Street on weekends.

The code change would allow a judge to sentence someone who engages in graffiti to at least 40 hours of community service instead of paying the fine, but a second offense would be a class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to 6 months in jail and a $500 fine.

Parents of children ages 11 to 17 will be responsible for the cost of cleaning up graffiti.

Other municipalities on Long Island have tried legislating graffiti out of existence with varying rates of success.

DONT WANNA BE GIVIN SHIT UP BUT HERES A QUICK STORY...

HITTIN A HANBALL WALL DOIN MY THING AS CARS ARE DRIVIN BY...THE ROAD WAS A LITTLE WAYS AWAY SO I WASN PAYIN TOO MUCH ATTENTION ...-THE USUAL A CAR DRIVES BY KNEELDOWN AFTER IT GOES BY FINISH UP-.... WELL GOT ALMOST DONE WITH ABOUT MY 3RD THROW AN A CAR ROLLS UP IN THE PARKIN LOT... IM LIKE FUCK IT BUT DECIDE THAT I SHOULD HEAD OUT ANYWAY... WELL A COP ROLLS IN RIGHT BEHIN THAT CAR AN ANOTHER COP ROLLS IN FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PARKIN LOT FROM THE OTHER DIRECTION.... HEART POUNDIN TIME I KNEEL DOWN AN START FADIN TO THE BACKGROUN WHEN SPOTLIGHTS POP ON AN LIGHT UP THE HANBALL COURTS.... NOW ITS TIME TO JUS DIP SO I COMMANDO CRAWL MY ASS THE HELL OUTTA THERE AN GET TO THE BACK OF THE PARK... I DIDN KNOW WHERE THE HELL I WAS BUT LUCKILY I FOUND SOME DIRT PATHS AN FOUND A WAY OUTTA THERE... I MADE IT A COUPLE BLOCKS AWAY AN FINALLY TOOK A BREATHER BUT SHIT WAS REAL CLOSE...

Guest Can you sign my book???

Another Broken Krown

King For A Day...

Long Island...

Bomb shit, dont talk it, period...

Use your head and f'in common sense people...

Respect the streets....

Archived