"Lonesome Crow" by The Scorpions- Fucking Amazing!

Guest Sparoism

Guest Sparoism

This may be one of the best things I've heard in a while.

Klaus Meine has some fucking pipes, and this band switches it up from Sabbath-style metal to jazz to full on prog rock.

The Germans pull the hat trick when it comes to music, sometimes. I have a LOT of amazing shit that came out of Germany in the 60's and 70's, all of it original and top-notch quality.

Can, Guru Guru, and this album are the truth.

So, if you need to hear some new shit, especially if you are into early Sabbath, I'm here to spead the word.

(Oh, I found it on slsk, in case you were wondering.)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Sparoism

Maybe they were biting, but I just got "Fly To The Rainbow" from 1974 and it sounds (to me, anyway) that Sabbath and the Scorpions evolved in a very parallel fashion....in that it sounds a lot like "Vol. 4" in a lot of respects. (Early synths, sort of orchestral sounding at times, lots of flanger use...this one riff I'm listening to sounds like "Little Wing".)

You know what? If you're gonna crib off other people's music, pick good sources and do a good job of it...and, they did.

Oh well, you just gotta listen to them and make your own calls...but, again, it's good stuff if it's what you are into.

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by dumy@Dec 17 2005, 01:41 PM

bump because I like sabbath.

I know you're a Apple guy, so the slsk thing isn't gonna work (note-Soulseex is supposed to be unstable) but if you can find any music by these guys it's well worth it.

I doubt you'll find it on Limewire, so try Acquisition...supposedly, they are linked to Morpheus.

Guest Sparoism

Can has been probably been sampled almost as much as James Brown, it's just that no one has heard of them except for us cool kids/music geeks, of course.

Thought I'd toss that out there.