1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

"Lonesome Crow" by The Scorpions- Fucking Amazing!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Sparoism, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

"Lonesome Crow" by The Scorpions- Fucking Amazing!

Discussion started by Sparoism - Dec 17, 2005

This may be one of the best things I've heard in a while.

Klaus Meine has some fucking pipes, and this band switches it up from Sabbath-style metal to jazz to full on prog rock.

The Germans pull the hat trick when it comes to music, sometimes. I have a LOT of amazing shit that came out of Germany in the 60's and 70's, all of it original and top-notch quality.

Can, Guru Guru, and this album are the truth.

So, if you need to hear some new shit, especially if you are into early Sabbath, I'm here to spead the word.

(Oh, I found it on slsk, in case you were wondering.)

2. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

Sparoism - Replied Dec 17, 2005

Maybe they were biting, but I just got "Fly To The Rainbow" from 1974 and it sounds (to me, anyway) that Sabbath and the Scorpions evolved in a very parallel fashion....in that it sounds a lot like "Vol. 4" in a lot of respects. (Early synths, sort of orchestral sounding at times, lots of flanger use...this one riff I'm listening to sounds like "Little Wing".)

You know what? If you're gonna crib off other people's music, pick good sources and do a good job of it...and, they did.

Oh well, you just gotta listen to them and make your own calls...but, again, it's good stuff if it's what you are into.

3. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Harvey Wallbanger - Replied Dec 17, 2005

Can were fucking crazy.

That sentence looks weird, but it's true.

Harvey Wallbanger - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

If you liked Can, check out Guru Guru. Completely different band, but awesome all the same.

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Dec 17, 2005

I'm going to have to bump just because it's not everyday Can is discussed in a thread...

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. dumy

dumy 12oz Veteran Member

dumy - Replied Dec 17, 2005

bump because I like sabbath.

dumy - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

I know you're a Apple guy, so the slsk thing isn't gonna work (note-Soulseex is supposed to be unstable) but if you can find any music by these guys it's well worth it.

I doubt you'll find it on Limewire, so try Acquisition...supposedly, they are linked to Morpheus.

8. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

Can has been probably been sampled almost as much as James Brown, it's just that no one has heard of them except for us cool kids/music geeks, of course.

Thought I'd toss that out there.

9. coffeedependency

coffeedependency 12oz Senior Member

coffeedependency - Replied Dec 17, 2005

krautrock was generally all dope.
    kraftwerk, faust, can, neu!, popol vuh.

coffeedependency - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

See? He knows. Coffee, have you heard Guru Guru yet?

11. coffeedependency

coffeedependency 12oz Senior Member

coffeedependency - Replied Dec 17, 2005

only a bit.
    but i'm downloading some Guru Guru per your recommendation.

coffeedependency - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

Try to get "Kanguru"- the first track is hot.