london unappreciation thread. (broke and burnt out)

wiseguy

i am here in london, and i dont see what all the fuss is about, i mean its a cool city, but how the fuck does anyone actually live here? i have been living off bread and tinned spaghetti for a week. i spent £19.50 on a fucking weeklong train pass, more than nineteen fucking pounds! what the fuck?! bye, im off to eat some fucking noodles. aarrgh!

:mad2: <thats me right now

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Re: london unappreciation thread. (broke and burnt out)

Originally posted by Pilau Hands

in new york a weeklong trainpass is 21. just go out everyday wandering and make it worth it i guess

exactly, travel on the trains to all the places youve heard of, or sound interesting...

:idea: Hampton Court Palace if you like medievil history....

:cool:

if you pay for a weekly pass you cant be a writer you must be a cunt.

child tiket to get in to any station (60p)or (40p), and go behind someone to get out ,it aint exactly roket science.

in fact fuk off home and dont visit ,you dont deserve to have this common sense tip.....WANKAZZZ:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steal a bicycle and ride everywhere.

Or like Alfred said, ride the trains for free and just push through the barriers.

Shoplift all the food and drink you need from Sainsburys.

Go to bars, steal drinks and get drunk for free.

Then chirps some some girl, go back to hers, fuck her, wait for her to fall asleep, then rob her blind!

Yes you need money to enjoy London, but it's not essential.

Originally posted by alfred

if you pay for a weekly pass you cant be a writer you must be a cunt.

child tiket to get in to any station (60p)or (40p), and go behind someone to get out ,it aint exactly roket science.

in fact fuk off home and dont visit ,you dont deserve to have this common sense tip.....WANKAZZZ:lol: :lol: :lol:

fucking country boys.... like alfred says. use your fucking head... theres no way you need to buy a weekly allzone peak travelcard.

child ticket. smack the gate. duck through the luggage flap. jump the barriers. bop behind someone. standard.

Guest imported_Tesseract

London is expensive in everyway there is....all my friends that study there pay an assload of money just to rent a shithole to live in.

That doesnt mean it isnt one of the best cities to be in.

i dont mean the fact that train passes are expensive here, i used that as an example, of the retardedly high prices of london. my hostel is like £16.50 per night. and i did shop around to find a cheap one. that is sharing a room with 5 people. whatever... anyway, i have found some alright bars to hang out and drink cheaply, some kickass cheap falafel restaurants. and i have been mainly skating about for transport. oh yeah, got photos of some kickass shokone stuff, also saw stuff here by chino byi, earsnot, skuf, jaone, twister....

yeah whatever, i was just fucking pissed off when i started this thread. i am a better now, and off to amsterdam soon.

yeah im stupid tourist. oh well....

Originally posted by wiseguy

i dont mean the fact that train passes are expensive here, i used that as an example, of the retardedly high prices of london. my hostel is like £16.50 per night. and i did shop around to find a cheap one. that is sharing a room with 5 people. whatever... anyway, i have found some alright bars to hang out and drink cheaply, some kickass cheap falafel restaurants. and i have been mainly skating about for transport. oh yeah, got photos of some kickass shokone stuff, also saw stuff here by chino byi, earsnot, skuf, jaone, twister....

yeah whatever, i was just fucking pissed off when i started this thread. i am a better now, and off to amsterdam soon.

yeah im stupid tourist. oh well....

yeh so wheres your clean train flicks at anyway?

Everyone is so smart.

London is expensive! You cannot steal everything you need. You'll have to buy some food, and you'll have to pay for some train tickets. the trick is a bus costs 2 pounds for the entire day and rolls over into the next day. and these busses go everywhere. so there is no reason not to use one. metro is convenient but expensive so forget that .

shoplift your lunches , sure. but you can't shoplift dinner. and hopping the gates doesnt work because most underground stations have an attendant watching...

youth hostiles are good, but not that good. i stayed a day in one and they really suck. then i got an apartment with someone. much much better..

Originally posted by Good Morning Captain

Im going to London in January by myself and would appreciate any tips. Wiseguy, hit me up with some of what you found.

hollercashdollars@yahoo.com

bring a lot of Money. bring enough clothes for the time your staying so you dont have to do laundry. shop around for a place to stay. use the busses instead of the metro. watch your bags so your shit don't get stolen. keep your money in your front pocket so you dont get pick pocketed..

Originally posted by sneak

standard, its all about the child £2 travelcard....all zones and busses aswell. goes on till 4.30in the next morning...

Not really though, cos sod's law you'll get the night bus driver who's a cunt and wont let you on if you dont have a child ID card, so you'll have to get another adult ticket anyway.

Also, on the tube they sometimes make you "seek assistance" if you are using a child ticket late at night. I had my child travel card confiscated by one of the LT workers watching the gates at TCR the other night, after bunking through cos it wasnt working, even though I told him that I was 13 which should mean you don't need child ID. That just meant that I had to buy an adult ticket on top of the child one to get home.

Bunking is all good so long as you don't get caught, cos that'll be a £10 fine straight away. Hasn't happened to me on the tubes yet, so I don't know what the score is if you can't pay. On the overland trains the only time they tried to charge me a penalty fare I told them to fuck off and ended up having to leg it down the tracks cos he got on the radio to the old bill. That was only cos I didnt have my story straight though - you can always try and blag it... Saying that I know of at least a couple of mates who got either taken to court and made to pay a fine for lying about being a child, or else given a big fine for fare evasion.

If you're a tourist and you don't know the system or the loopholes, then you're probably better off just paying for a weeklong travel card anyway. It will save you so much hassle.

Whatever people say, bunking is possible though. In the big stations it's easy cos you'll have lots of cover during peak-time, and in the smaller ones you can just kick open the luggage barrier or bunk through behind someone (just don't step on their feet!) and the staff are normally too tired and overworked to give a fuck. It's all good so long as you are bunking out, but bunking in is a bit harder. It's down to how you act - you can be sly and pick up an old ticket from the floor and flash it at the guy on the luggage barrier - they normally don't check the date and will let you through.

You've got to think about it from the staff's point of view. They are probably being paid fuck all and it is common knowledge that they are some of the most stressed workers in the country, taking far more sick days than the national average. Are they really going to give a fuck? And if you do find the odd one that cares, then that is where you have to think on your feet and use the gift of the gab. Play innocent is my advice, especially if you are foreign.

The other option is just to buy a ticket, of course.:crazy:

someone give the guy the directions to bar 1.70 please. yes its a bit of a hole, but not bad at all. i mean a pint of fosters for 1.70 in central london is good. se, what was that other place we went to? that was a cheap place if i remember correctly.

tts travel tips.

stay in the cheapest hostel in the biggest room, if you have to share with 17 people who cares. it will be funnier in the middle of the night. lock your shit and dont be a fucktard and youll be cool. i shared a room with nine people for a year. its not bad. some 12ozers can vouch for that.

shop at grocery stores, in europe it seems to be harder, so a good tip is just to eat the food in the store. then walk out with a belly full of food. and good food at that. or simply eat meat cheese and boxed wine. when in holland eat stroopwaffles. dont anger turkish snackbar owners.

Originally posted by freeque

Not really though, cos sod's law you'll get the night bus driver who's a cunt and wont let you on if you dont have a child ID card, so you'll have to get another adult ticket anyway.

Also, on the tube they sometimes make you "seek assistance" if you are using a child ticket late at night. I had my child travel card confiscated by one of the LT workers watching the gates at TCR the other night, after bunking through cos it wasnt working, even though I told him that I was 13 which should mean you don't need child ID. That just meant that I had to buy an adult ticket on top of the child one to get home.

Bunking is all good so long as you don't get caught, cos that'll be a £10 fine straight away. Hasn't happened to me on the tubes yet, so I don't know what the score is if you can't pay. On the overland trains the only time they tried to charge me a penalty fare I told them to fuck off and ended up having to leg it down the tracks cos he got on the radio to the old bill. That was only cos I didnt have my story straight though - you can always try and blag it... Saying that I know of at least a couple of mates who got either taken to court and made to pay a fine for lying about being a child, or else given a big fine for fare evasion.

If you're a tourist and you don't know the system or the loopholes, then you're probably better off just paying for a weeklong travel card anyway. It will save you so much hassle.

Whatever people say, bunking is possible though. In the big stations it's easy cos you'll have lots of cover during peak-time, and in the smaller ones you can just kick open the luggage barrier or bunk through behind someone (just don't step on their feet!) and the staff are normally too tired and overworked to give a fuck. It's all good so long as you are bunking out, but bunking in is a bit harder. It's down to how you act - you can be sly and pick up an old ticket from the floor and flash it at the guy on the luggage barrier - they normally don't check the date and will let you through.

You've got to think about it from the staff's point of view. They are probably being paid fuck all and it is common knowledge that they are some of the most stressed workers in the country, taking far more sick days than the national average. Are they really going to give a fuck? And if you do find the odd one that cares, then that is where you have to think on your feet and use the gift of the gab. Play innocent is my advice, especially if you are foreign.

The other option is just to buy a ticket, of course.:crazy:

yeh its all good when you look like your 14 hey!!

yeh like he said though... you really think the staff whove been standing there for 6 hours are really gonna chase someone just to get some abuse? no.

Archived