1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

London..and how cops are armed to protect us

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by se_FOUR, Jul 17, 2003.

1. se_FOUR

se_FOUR 12oz Senior Member

London..and how cops are armed to protect us

Discussion started by se_FOUR - Jul 17, 2003

http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2003321227,00.jpg'>

... and how cops are armed to protect us

By SIMON HUGHES

GUNS at the ready, protective shields raised, and cloaked in bullet-proof Kevlar, cops launch a swoop in London yesterday.

The chilling scene shows the extraordinary lengths police must now employ to tackle vicious armed mobsters on the streets of 21st-century Britain.

The officers — from Scotland Yard’s elite SO19 firearms squad — looked more like soldiers as they pounced on suspected Jamaican Yardie gangs.

Each wore a helmet designed to resist bullets and shrapnel, and protected their faces with reinforced Perspex masks and fireproof balaclavas.

All were dressed from head to toe in flame-resistant overalls and also sported bullet-proof and knife-proof vests.

Two suspected Yardie leaders were among 13 people arrested in dawn raids at Harlesden, Kilburn, Wembley and Willesden, in North West London.

More than 400 armed officers swooped at 13 addresses in the blitz on drug and gun crime across the borough of Brent, scene of 56 recent gun attacks.

Met Police Assistant Commissioner Tarique Ghaffur said: “This operation sends out a clear message to those engaged in crime involving firearms.

“We will continue to mount operations against those who bring so much fear and misery to London communities.”

In Oxford, eight men were arrested in dawn raids carried out by more than 100 police.

The operation was part of a co-ordinated crackdown on robbery and assault suspects. All of those held were Asians in their late teens and early 20s.

Meanwhile Scotland Yard claimed it was winning the war on black-on-black crime.

Figures show the number of arrests by officers in Operation Trident, which investigates such incidents, quadrupled in the first two months of this year

se_FOUR - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jul 17, 2003

whatever man, criminals got all that shit too, what do you expect, the cops to run in with billy clubs and harsh language?
    cop's do over-do it, and im hardly a fan of the present situation, but dude's are people just trying to protect themselves as well.
    the other night im watching this fox special on riots, and in all these instances, there are like 5 cops, surrounded by 100 people rioting, trying to hit the cops with sticks, rocks, etc. and this is over like, football games, and completely un-police related shit....ya know what, if i'm a cop, and there are a hundred dudes trying to fuck me up cause the canucks lost? i'm lighting motherfuckers up. fuck that shit.

hating cops is for 16year suburbanites and amadas dialo's mother.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. se_FOUR

se_FOUR - Replied Jul 17, 2003

Dude when was I hating on cops, thats an article from "the Sun" newspaper over here...Chill..

4. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Jul 17, 2003

ill just be worried, when they start packing heat on the street. untill then i couldnt care less how they go about busting crack dealers or whatnot/

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jul 17, 2003

se_four,
    sorry, that wasnt supposed to be pointed at you at all, just in general. i've read more than enough ignorant rants for 15 year old 'anarchists' on the board to know that it would be applicable to someone.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. se_FOUR

se_FOUR - Replied Jul 17, 2003

^^

Hey no probs fella, misunderstood you..

7. i11igul

i11igul 12oz Senior Member

i11igul - Replied Jul 17, 2003

if we didnt have police, as much as alot of people i know and ive heard on hear would like to think, we would all be seriously fuck. sure they can be a painin the ass when the hassle us, but when they dont were glad there there to protect us, by whatever means necessary.

i11igul - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. $360

$360 12oz Elite Member

$360 - Replied Jul 17, 2003

this is sooooooo true

$360 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Jul 17, 2003

hahahahahahahahha ding ding 2 points

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages: