Lollapalooza - CANCELED

mental invalid

fucking bummer.....and they had just added TV on the Radio too...

LOLLAPALOOZA, 2004 CANCELS ALL DATES

Los Angeles, CA - June 22, 2004 -- Even with what has been touted as the best line-up since its inception in 1991, with such eclectic and respected artists as Morrissey, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, and The Flaming Lips, among others, and the most competitive ticket prices in the marketplace for a tour this size, it was not enough to counter the weak economic state of this years summer touring season. Therefore, it is with the utmost regret that due to poor ticket sales across the board, the Lollapalooza, 2004 tour has been cancelled. This morning, tour organizers and concert promoters faced with several million dollars of losses, made the very tough decision to pull the tour.

Marc Geiger, co-founder of the tour stated, "I am in utter disbelief that a concert of this stature, with the most exciting line-up I've seen in years did not galvanize ticket sales. I'm surprised that given the great bands and the reduced ticket prices that we didn't have enough sales to sustain the tour. Concert promoters across the country are facing similar problems. Many summer tours are experiencing weak ticket sales."

Alex Hodges, Executive Vice President of HOB Concerts, commented, "In real terms, it's been a tough summer. Ticket sales have been mixed and often inexplicably soft. There are a number of contributing factors, and, as a result, many tours have been cut-back, rerouted or cancelled."

Fans who have supported the tour and who have bought tickets nationwide will be given full refunds.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by CILONE/SK

^ go fuck yourself and your pussy ass bands. I am ssssssoooooo sorry I don't have the same taste in music asshole.

You have no taste in music. I don't particularly like punk or hip-hop but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to go to any live music event, because I don't have some closeted homosexual notion that the type of music I listen to defines me as a man. You fucking idiot.

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

What the fuck are you talking about? Where did I say anything that would make you come to this?

because you said "go fuck yourself and your pussy ass bands"

pussy ass.

now yeah, go get a room.

:D

I'd go just to see the flaming lips, if it was still on. Them and just about every other band that was supposed to be there. I'll have to catch them sometime soon. I just spent a good minute laughing at the people buying tickets on eBay right now, most of the auctions have no bids but there are plenty that do.

If you asked me ten years ago, I would have told you that Lollapalooza would be going on forever. Shit was hype; mad weed, girls, wicked music that didn’t always get too much play on the radio. The kids are fucked up these days. To tell you the truth, this is the first time I have even heard the word Lollapalooza mentioned in a good while. How long have they had this lineup for? Maybe they didn’t advertise it enough. I’ve never heard of TV On the Radio, and I have only heard Modest Mouse once (I think on Conan O’Brien), but I would bet a lot of money that most teenagers these days have no clue who Sonic Youth (even someone like me knows them) is, and don’t care.

Maybe they should have had more punk type music in the lineup? I remember seeing Pennywise and others. Where they at? The kids are losing touch with music that is comparable to homecooking, as opposed to fast food.

Does anyone have a list of everyone who was supposed to perform?

Originally posted by Weapon X

Maybe they should have had more punk type music in the lineup? I remember seeing Pennywise and others. Where they at?

Warped Tour.

I went there a few years back and it was one

of the most depressing sights I had ever seen.

But hey, I made the yoohoo van give me an

assload of yoohoo....so I guess it's alright.

MOrrissey

yo man all i ever wanna do in my lifetime is see morrissey....and this was my chance...personally,, i think the reason why it flopped was because morrissey was the reason why most people were going, and most people have seen all those bands playing live before...in a smaller place, so just peoples sales to see morrissey only is not gonna pay all the other musicians..to make a long story short there are not enough morrissey fans out there to buy out the place...thats why shit didnt sell..almost everyone i new only wanted to see him...and by the way

INCUBUS IS A FAGGET BAND TO WHOEVER PUT THAT SHIT UP ON THERE!

Originally posted by Weapon X

The kids are losing touch with music that is comparable to homecooking, as opposed to fast food.

yeah, that is a really good point. punk and everything that WAS once a true "alternative" is now the norm, it is mainstream and watered down. "hot topic" culture and mall punk is now the ruling class. don't get me wrong i was never "mr. punk, or hardcore" but it is still sad to see a generation of kids who think new found glory and good charlotte are geniuses, and have no clue who agent orange or agnostic front are.

go figure.

Guest imported_Europe

Thats some bad news, I feel sorry for all those that was looking for a good time at that festival.

Festivals are the best, at least over here. Im going for two weeks of festival soon, cant wait, its the best two years of the year.

Hating on something like this, saying how it would have sucked etc. just makes you look like a fucking moron.

Most "festivals" in America are pretty sad,

except that one in Cali this summer (2 days,

feat. the cure, squarepusher, atmosphere,

kraftwerk). Fuck 30 minute sets, $40 T shirts, & $4 water.

:yuck:

Europe has some of the best festivals I've ever

heard of.

Originally posted by the_gooch

wow, that just goes to show you that most of the kiddies today have bad taste in music.

i guess it's all about fake punk rock and hot topic!

Pretty much man.

The days of companies cultivating and maturing a band into something epic over the course of four to five albums is long gone.

Now all we get are flash in the pan bands that correspond to whatever musical trend is currently popular. The comnpanies make a couple mil off them and once they've dried up, they're discarded in favor of whatever is currently hot.

Hey, at least take cold comfort in the fact that in twenty years, the lead singer of good charlotte will be broke as fuck and taking your order at jack in the box at 3 a.m.