1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Local Vs. National Fame?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by oneeightyone, Nov 5, 2005.

1. oneeightyone

oneeightyone 12oz Senior Member

Local Vs. National Fame?

Discussion started by oneeightyone - Nov 5, 2005

Here's a thought that occured to me recently.

Local vs. National Fame.

FOr example. Take one person that goes around the country painting and getting his/her name up as much as possible, painting with other writers, doing heavy prods and pretty much getting a stir around the name from the east to west coast.

But on the local level he only has menial fame. How many heads are out right now in everyone's local area that in a few years will go unnoticed as another scratch in the wall?

Obviously the national fame is the top one, but how important is local fame to do so.

just a thought i had.

discuss.

oneeightyone - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Nov 5, 2005

If you really care about Fame that much you should quit now before you dissapoint yourself, you aint in this for the right reasons...

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Nov 5, 2005

Well, i think it's important to have a strong local following as your foundation before you try and make it in the big time alongside the ranks of Twist and Futura 2000.

No skyscraper can prick the sky the way it does without a strong foundation nor does a mountain soar into the heavens without a mighty bit of bedrock underneath it.

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  4. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied Nov 5, 2005

ahahahahaha

mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. oneeightyone

oneeightyone 12oz Senior Member

oneeightyone - Replied Nov 5, 2005

this isnt about my personal fame , no, just a conversation i had with a friend today.

i liked lens reply . gangsta.

oneeightyone - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels 12oz Member

MrJackDaniels - Replied Nov 5, 2005

were you stoned when that came to mind?

MrJackDaniels - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Harvey Wallbanger - Replied Nov 5, 2005

I prefer when dudes don't seem to live anywhere full time... they just crush spots all around the country and do their thing. I like the fact that I have no idea where Amaze or Dr. Sex come from, but no matter where I travel, I'm going to see their shit. Then again, I guess people like that probably are well known locally before they start making national moves.

Harvey Wallbanger - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. SeezurSalad

SeezurSalad New Jack

SeezurSalad - Replied Nov 6, 2005

So what is the reason that YOU write the same word over and over again?

SeezurSalad - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. EViLPRiCK

EViLPRiCK 12oz Member

EViLPRiCK - Replied Nov 6, 2005

i told myself i wouldnt take 12oz seriously anymore, but local fame is more important to me because im not just trying to show off to other writers I want to inspire some 10 yr old kid walking down the streets. nationwide fame is tight, but only things standing out on that level are kids with nothing to lose, and kids who have some artsy vision. take this with a grain of salt but i feel like the only people recognizing those people are on 12oz right now or are some pissed off rail people. if your thinking about the long run, asking a question like that just leads to ASER1NE's statement, youre in it for the wrong reasons. It means you arent having fun with it. my crew is international, and ive painted and got up more in other cities than I have where I live. its not about the fame, its about the rush, the fever when you're out painting with your boy, and you tell yourself ' no dont hit more its not straight' but no one around screams at you otherwise.

im not saying im not down for working out a nice wall piece, or painting nationwide, but the fame comes after the fun.. or else its just work not carrying a tool with you to write on stuff when ever you get the oppertunity

EViLPRiCK - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Nov 6, 2005

So what is the reason that YOU write the same word over and over again?
    [post=4159655]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    So its there for people to see, everywhere they go so they dont have a choice but to look at it.....
    The difference is i couldnt give a FUCK whether anybody, writer or joe blow nobody likes it or not.

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. Cracksmoka

Cracksmoka 12oz Elite Member

Cracksmoka - Replied Nov 7, 2005

fuck national fame... without the internet and magazines there would be no such thing... 99% of nationally known writers have NEVER kinged there cities... and from my experience most of them (and note i say most, there is bound to be few exceptions) are held as a joke by the real heads... (at least here anyway). graff is wack now anyway... maybe 2% of the kids out now are doing things the right way...

Cracksmoka - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. HATEBREEDER

HATEBREEDER 12oz Member

HATEBREEDER - Replied Nov 7, 2005

look at mr. wordsmith!!!! hes going crazy!!!

HATEBREEDER - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. SeezurSalad

SeezurSalad New Jack

SeezurSalad - Replied Nov 7, 2005

So its there for people to see, everywhere they go so they dont have a choice but to look at it.....
    The difference is i couldnt give a FUCK whether anybody, writer or joe blow nobody likes it or not.
    [post=4160231]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

We're talking about fame. Not whether people like your shit or not. Every writer writes graffiti for that reason.

SeezurSalad - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  14. Cracksmoka

Cracksmoka 12oz Elite Member

Cracksmoka - Replied Nov 7, 2005

i write for myself and the people i look up to... i could give a fuck about other writers whom i could give a fuck about's opinion... most writers do it to boost there own low self esteeme anyway. You all may not agree but it is a MAJOR underlying factor for the majority of writers... there are 3 viable reasons : (in the this modest writers opinion)
    1- to carry on traditions of something that you were raised on and embrace wholeheartedly (this is for the people i look up to)
    2- to destroy things and piss people off (this is for me)
    3- to release something that needent be pent up inside you... ie: emotions (this is because of everybody else)

if your doing it to "express your artistic side" then you are in it for ALL the wrong reasons. go buy a coloring book...
    if your in it for groupie love then your in it for ALL the wrong reasons... get some game, your pathetic...
    and if your in it to have kids tell you how great you are then your in it for ALL the wrong reasons... yep, you really impressed those 12 year olds...

how do these threads get so off topic...?

fuck national fame... and in philly throw ups DO NOT go over tags... NOTHING goes over tags...

Cracksmoka - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

iloveboxcars - Replied Nov 7, 2005

i do it because i want people to think about me while im still alive and remember me when im dead. after my childrens children though.. i seriously doubt im going to be anything to anyone except for another name on a family tree.

iloveboxcars - Rank: 12oz Royalty - Messages: