local bands that you should probably hear....

boogie hands

alright, heres the deal. post bands who are A)amazing or at least marginally badass, B)somewhat obscure/poorly promoted and C) are from your area ("area" being a loose term). my contribution.....

-thunderlip: badass. thats it. these guys were only playing to 20 or 30 people but everyone got their pants rocked off that night. i wouldnt say they are technically amazing by any means and i have yet to hear their stuff actually recorded but the live show was a fucking stunner.

Thunderlip

-immortal avenger: ive lived here for two years and never heard anything about these guys but recently got to see them at a darkest hour show and honestly, i enjoyed immortal avenger just as much dh. im white and grew up in the 80's so i guess i have to love a really amazing metal throwback band by default.....if thats not your thing though you may want to skip over it.

Immortal Avenger

odds of this sinking to the bottom with a quickness: very high

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

A Summary Execution Local Twin Cities metal band. One of my all time favorite local bands. They "broke up" about a year ago but played their last show about 4 or 5 months ago. One of the best live shows i've ever been to. Some people might call it metalcore, but it has maybe one breakdown on the whole cd. More just mildly techy metal. Give it a listen if you like anything with screaming type vocals.

The Critic Punk/screamo band from New Hampshire. I'm not normally one to like anything that you could possibly label screamo, but there's something about this band that makes them great. Maybe it's that the vocalist doesn't sound like a little girl being raped, or maybe it's that they actually play good music. I'm not really sure. Give it a listen even if you wouldn't normally like anything that could possibly be labeled screamo.

Larry Bird Another new hampshire band. This time it's softer. Indie/Rock/i hate labeling music. Listen to the second song on there to get an idea of what most of their stuff sounds like. I wouldn't say they're amazing by any means, but it's enjoyable music

Regret Minneapolis hardcore. In a scene that is predominated by horrible metalcore bands, these guys are playing some good, pissed off hardcore. They have a sound pretty similar to Hope Conspiracy.

If you like any of these bands, i have more of their music that i could send you (except for Regret). I'll post some more bands later.

The Bananas!!! - A super good band from Sacramento Ca that play a lot in the bay area. Definitely my favorite local band. They just play reallllly good energetic melodic punk rock and roll. i really hope that people can appreciate this as much as i do!

Hickey - Hickey was surely one of the best punk bands to come out of the bay area. They played really great just straight up punk rock. You guys should really listen to this band man. They dont have a website so heres some good songs.

California Redemption

Cool kids attacked by flying monkeys

hey cutie pie!

thats it for now..

Guest im not witty

thunderlip is good. i mean they are basically just iron maiden but they are nice guys and pretty good/funny live.

i like kudzu wish but im too lazy to link them.

Slunt:: I've only heard one tune and it's pretty good. But even if you don't like them for their music, you can't deny the fact that the two chicks who front this band are fine as hell.

Jersey Band: Okay, this band is so sick it's not even funny. The line up is two tenor saxes, a baritone sax, trumpet, two guitars, and a drummer. I can't even describe the style, they are their own thing...I caught them live 2 weeks ago and I guess I could say it would be something like death/polka/ska/funk/marching band/choir...something like that. They bend the shit out of genres though, and their arrangements are so intricate I couldn't even believe what I heard. When I saw them the horn players were dressed as a banana, a bottle of mustard, a hot dog, and a slice of pizza. They act out all the shit they play, it's highly entertaining and well worth seeing live.

i'm gonna rep 303 even though i'm not currently there...

MUTINY!!!!!!

old school style hardcore. fun. fast. 13 minute sets. my old roomy's band.

SHOGUN

i can't find a link to these guys music anywhere, go to goodfellowrecords.com and spend 5 bucks for what sin has twisted. you'll thank me. i promise

this was the first metalcore band i ever saw. RIP. their music is still some of the best that is out there. if you haven't heard them. you need to. any appreciation for hardcore, metalcore, black metal, tech metal, these guys will blow you away.

IMMORTAL

not really from colorado. but i wish they were...

everything else that i listen to in colorado sucks. guns n rosa parks is good, you can find a link on you own. you pretentious fuck.

Um this band isnt a local one to me by any means, I just remember being at a lot of shows where they opened and actually played better and more energetic sets than the headliners.

http://www.purevolume.com/severedties

Fans of madball, blood for blood, and others of the sort.

They're a really nice break in a "scene" dominated by really fucking bad metal and metalcore bands with nut jocking groupie dudes who are 21 and banging 16 year olds.

http://www.apothys.com

My ex-neighbor is the lead guitarist, that motherfucker can shred the fuck out. Go to the download section and check out both clips they have, fucking awesome metal.

http://www.immortalavenger.8k.com

True Fucking Metal. nothing less nothing more.

fuck, i need to shred now, be on the lookout for me and villains' upcoming band "T.H.E.M" pure unadulterated rock fury.

• 6 years later...