Links to childhood

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

So its 4am, i'm back home after a drink or two and feeling sleepy. However the drinks transform the sleepyness into a i wanna chill on the couch, smome some cigs and get even more sleepy kinda thing. I switch on the tv and boom Quicksilver is on, i lose sleep and spend the next two hours watching that film...supreme chill out harmony status. The clock sais 6, the sky is bright again and i cant fuckin believe it.

Now, quicksilver is a kick ass movie, maybe, but the point is even bigger.

I have realised that pretty much all 80's movies do that shit to me, from the lamest to the dopest, and it just doesnt make sense.

The only thing i can imagine is that since i used to watch those flicks as a kid, maybe the colors, stories, music and the general mood/style gets me hooked just because is some sort of childhood memory...the thing is that when i watch movies of that era, not only i'm enjoying my self but i also feel totally relaxed, cut off everything else.

Theres something really familiar about NYC of the 80's and i never even been there...

does this happen to anyone else? young bucks, does that happen to you and 90's movies?

freud on celluloid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i was stuck inna fucked up family so i was raised on ren and stimpy and the simpsons and shit. but i cant really blame it on my parents since i was addicted to heroine when i was born so i was inna rehab at the age of 6 months..ill admitt...that ren and stimpy shit had me rollin...but all my lil homys didn't know wat they were talkin about n shit so i was the only one laughin....til i introduced them to my sisters weed. then everything was funny. shit when yur ten years old and yur high for tha first time, yull laugh at anything....

damn that shit brings bak so many memories....

Guest imported_Tesseract

able2 is about to start loggin in as able3...

abeecizzle, breakfast club....thats what i'm talking about! The funniest part of them all is the fuckin romance part...i remember my 10 year old self falling in love with all those teenage girls in some of those films and feeling that weird excitement/envy for not being old enough to live that shit, kiss that girl, grab her boob....its fuckin insane...after all these years and all this living, i still dig those 80's teenage girls more than all the contemporary biatches

Originally posted by Tesseract

abeecizzle, breakfast club....thats what i'm talking about! The funniest part of them all is the fuckin romance part...i remember my 10 year old self falling in love with all those teenage girls in some of those films and feeling that weird excitement/envy for not being old enough to live that shit, kiss that girl, grab her boob....its fuckin insane...after all these years and all this living, i still dig those 80's teenage girls more than all the contemporary biatches

oh yeah brother!! my first love was the princess from never ending story. i was smitten

I love all those teeny bopper 80's movies. My favorite is Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I also love The Outsides because they're so many cute boys in it: Matt Dillon, young Tom Cruise, and especially 19 year old Rob Lowe as Sodapop.

I recently watched The Breakfast Club and Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo. Breakin' 2 is so cheesy and bad I can't hate it. Movies nowadays just don't have that feel good vibe to them, at least not for me.

the title of this thread reminded me of this childhood experience.

when i was about 7 or so... i lived in milwaukee.... and out neighbor wqas this chick in my grade named maureen (i think).. well, i'd go over and play 'adventure' on her commodore almost daily.. well.. after playing that forever, and eventually getting bored, she wanted to play 'boyfriend/girlfriend' because i 'owed' it to her, cause i cut the hair off of all her barbies (my gi joes liked to keep souveniers). well, boyfriend/girlfriend consisted of exchanging those 'sweet heart' candies that taste all chalky and say stuff like 'be mine' on them... she kept getting mad cause i'd just eat mine, and give her shit like 'true friend' and crap.... anything that was the least romantic as i could find... well, she kept getting mad.. and eventually kissed me on the cheek.. i wiped it off, and wanted to go outside and play w/ the other kids on the block (have you noticed kids never play outside anymore?)... well, she kissed me on the lips.. i wiped it off... and stopped hanging out w/ her.

anyway.. im gonna go drink beer now... hopefully some dancing... maybe sone graffin'. hope you enjoyed my story.

Guest BROWNer

word on all that shit..

footloose..

kevin bacon is a key figure in 80's nostalgia.

plus he was in animal house........

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

hahhaaa^^

exactly!!

how about that other one...where he was in a video game championship...and he went to reno with some girl??

the wizard! that was awesome, i remember being a young 8 year old and watching that movie with my cousin who was a few years older and his friend, anyway i had a sega master system 2 at that age and my cousins friend had the original nintendo, at the end of the movie the friend gets up and goes "you know the moral of that story, sega sucks and nintendo rules" i remember being horified, like how the hell could he go below the belt like that, i was offended for like 2 hours (a short eternity for an 8 year old) and my cousins all continued to ridicule me.

did anyone else ever think about a reaction or emmotion they had as a kid, and seriously remember the strong feeling whether it be happiness or dissapointment and think how weird it is that it takes SOOOO much more these days to get that reaction out of you, then you realise how fast time has gone by....

or did anyone have a friend as a kid that has now ended up really messed up etc, and they look at the photos and think how did this sweet innocent kid become this person? I look at my elementary school photos and see kids who i used to play ninja turtles with who have now ended up doing hard crimes drugs, and other messed up stuff. or the kid no one would expect who has become this real success at school/work etc.

this all makes me wonder how time got the better of me.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

oh yeah brother!! my first love was the princess from never ending story. i was smitten

all this talk of, childhoods and the fact that i talked about how childhood ninja turtle playing friend, have turned out pretty messed up made me realise that a childhood friend of mine who was the KEY person i was refering to has now moved to melbourne, outta curiosity does the name slekt hrc ring any bells?)

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

hahah, mine too...ABC will know all about BMX Bandits!! Nearly watched that as many times as the goonies..

Originally posted by Fuck Ya'll

http://www.driko.org/smallpics/kevpaul.jpg'>

I loved The Wonder Years, until Fred Savage hit puberty. One of my favorite episodes is when Kevin goes to a party with a hot blonde and tries to make Winnie jealous. He makes a complete ass out of himself trying to get her attention. It's so great and it captured teenage emotion so well.

hahah, I know exaclty what episode you`re talking about..Oh man Oh man I wish I was that age again..:cry2:

fred savage, hahahaha

caulkin got married, got a divorce, had a big dispute on who got to keep the harry potter books, haahha, but he has a new movie coming out, where he plays a gay kid i think...or was it he IS gay?????...i dont know, but i just recently saw a trailer for a movie with him in it.

you should be studying anyways fool. the library wasnt made for you to ask about wash'd up childhood stars, study biotch.

*edit: princess bride was a badass movie too, hahaha, alot of stars were in that, like andrea the giant, fred savage, that funky bald guy, etc..

i am indigo montoya....you killed my father...pre-pare to die...

Archived