Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Links to childhood

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Jun 6, 2004.

1. So its 4am, i'm back home after a drink or two and feeling sleepy. However the drinks transform the sleepyness into a i wanna chill on the couch, smome some cigs and get even more sleepy kinda thing. I switch on the tv and boom Quicksilver is on, i lose sleep and spend the next two hours watching that film...supreme chill out harmony status. The clock sais 6, the sky is bright again and i cant fuckin believe it.
    Now, quicksilver is a kick ass movie, maybe, but the point is even bigger.
    I have realised that pretty much all 80's movies do that shit to me, from the lamest to the dopest, and it just doesnt make sense.
    The only thing i can imagine is that since i used to watch those flicks as a kid, maybe the colors, stories, music and the general mood/style gets me hooked just because is some sort of childhood memory...the thing is that when i watch movies of that era, not only i'm enjoying my self but i also feel totally relaxed, cut off everything else.
    Theres something really familiar about NYC of the 80's and i never even been there...

does this happen to anyone else? young bucks, does that happen to you and 90's movies?

freud on celluloid

2. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

i feel you on this one. i can't say specifically what does this for me but i know exactly what you mean.

3. able2

able2 New Jack

i was stuck inna fucked up family so i was raised on ren and stimpy and the simpsons and shit. but i cant really blame it on my parents since i was addicted to heroine when i was born so i was inna rehab at the age of 6 months..ill admitt...that ren and stimpy shit had me rollin...but all my lil homys didn't know wat they were talkin about n shit so i was the only one laughin....til i introduced them to my sisters weed. then everything was funny. shit when yur ten years old and yur high for tha first time, yull laugh at anything....

damn that shit brings bak so many memories....

4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

tesser, i'm with you 100%.

watched breakfast club a few weeks ago, saw goonies and the dark crystal a few months ago. saw porkys the other night. the memories come flooding back

5. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

my girlfriend just played the dark crystal for me a few weeks ago. it was pretty choice.

6. able2 is about to start loggin in as able3...

abeecizzle, breakfast club....thats what i'm talking about! The funniest part of them all is the fuckin romance part...i remember my 10 year old self falling in love with all those teenage girls in some of those films and feeling that weird excitement/envy for not being old enough to live that shit, kiss that girl, grab her boob....its fuckin insane...after all these years and all this living, i still dig those 80's teenage girls more than all the contemporary biatches

7. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

oh yeah brother!! my first love was the princess from never ending story. i was smitten

8. Fuck Ya'll

Fuck Ya'll Member

I love all those teeny bopper 80's movies. My favorite is Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I also love The Outsides because they're so many cute boys in it: Matt Dillon, young Tom Cruise, and especially 19 year old Rob Lowe as Sodapop.

I recently watched The Breakfast Club and Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo. Breakin' 2 is so cheesy and bad I can't hate it. Movies nowadays just don't have that feel good vibe to them, at least not for me.

9. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

the title of this thread reminded me of this childhood experience.

when i was about 7 or so... i lived in milwaukee.... and out neighbor wqas this chick in my grade named maureen (i think).. well, i'd go over and play 'adventure' on her commodore almost daily.. well.. after playing that forever, and eventually getting bored, she wanted to play 'boyfriend/girlfriend' because i 'owed' it to her, cause i cut the hair off of all her barbies (my gi joes liked to keep souveniers). well, boyfriend/girlfriend consisted of exchanging those 'sweet heart' candies that taste all chalky and say stuff like 'be mine' on them... she kept getting mad cause i'd just eat mine, and give her shit like 'true friend' and crap.... anything that was the least romantic as i could find... well, she kept getting mad.. and eventually kissed me on the cheek.. i wiped it off, and wanted to go outside and play w/ the other kids on the block (have you noticed kids never play outside anymore?)... well, she kissed me on the lips.. i wiped it off... and stopped hanging out w/ her.

anyway.. im gonna go drink beer now... hopefully some dancing... maybe sone graffin'. hope you enjoyed my story.

10. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

dude...you totally coulda closed the deal.

11. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

word on all that shit..

footloose..
    kevin bacon is a key figure in 80's nostalgia.
    plus he was in animal house........

12. able2

able2 New Jack

:confused:

13. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

yeah i know that feeling, infact i have done the all nighter thing often because of it. old tv shows do the same thing for me too, ahhh ya gotta love nostalgia!

14. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

its the best when you don't expect it...
    like your just going through the channels and WHAM!
    a movie you haven't seen since you were 10 and used to love.
    instant portal back into childhood.

15. MurderSluts

MurderSluts Junior Member