linkin park - meteora

metallix

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Kr430n5_666

dewd kid. . . lyke... yo man.... . . . all that nu-metal is MAD FUCKING GAY AHHHHHHH SHIT.

4 reel, man.

grow a beard.

you sound just like SOUL FLY hating on the "pop metal" on tv. right on..i believe this all started with korn and limp bizkittttt yooo

don't front on beards. i'm growing one, and my head is shaved, as it has been since i started losing my hair a few years ago...

anyway, i saw this link park commercial the other night on the sci fi channel and there was a chick with a respirator and a can and she sprayed the screen....wtf was up with that shit? are the guys in linkin park supposed to be writers? fuckin lamerz....i hate pop music.

Originally posted by casekonly

don't front on beards. i'm growing one, and my head is shaved, as it has been since i started losing my hair a few years ago...

anyway, i saw this link park commercial the other night on the sci fi channel and there was a chick with a respirator and a can and she sprayed the screen....wtf was up with that shit? are the guys in linkin park supposed to be writers? fuckin lamerz....i hate pop music.

the new cover for meteora shows a close up of a bunch of spraypaint cans. the inside cover has a picture of a guy wearing a respirator spraypainting something on the ground . id upload the covers but i dont wanna get in trouble for copyrighted content,, especially since the album isnt out yet..

i'd guess it has something to do with marketing an image to sell the album. graffiti = rebellion. and their primary market is probably teenage kids who are going through a time period where they want to rebell, so MTV and others exploit rebellion and package it. i guess its the same thing that marilyn manson does..after having gone through 4 of his albums now i see that its really junk. although maybe antichrist superstar was real, but who knows..nothing is real. in a way im angry that our culture has been so packaged and sold, but what can you do? selective consumerism i guess..if one is to think a little bit. how can you sell an act that is illegal? in essence there selling illegality on a cover, does that make fuckin sense?? i guess its the same as the drug thing..whatever im rambling on now

who described this shit as neo-christian Xtreme rap metal?

god i hate this music. complete xtreme crap.

im going to listen to "dont stop me now" by queen, followed by"green grass of tunnel" by mum.

in my opion these two bands are better than limp park or whatever.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

metallix im wondering how you got a hold of it so soon? i dont even see it out on mIRC yet. do you have access to a lot of pre release cds? maybe you even have some cds that are actually good?

if so, go download soulseek and have a party time with us in the 12ozprophet room

hittr me up on teh intant messnger L33H4RV3Y0SW4LD sometime.

Linkin Park Beat Bootleggers

Band hires security to prevent leak of new album

With school kids burning CDs to sell to friends before the official release date, the threat to the already beleaguered music business is understandable. So record labels are now taking unprecedented steps to protect their merchandise. Perhaps no disc has been more heavily protected than Linkin Park's Meteora due March 25th. None of the copies have left the custody of the band members, management and executives at Warner Bros. When the album was being mastered, the band had security guards on hand in the studio twenty-four hours a day to prevent any leaks. As tracks were finished, all earlier CD versions were destroyed. Press, radio programmers and retailers can only hear the album by going to the company's offices. The same level of security will likely be in place for new albums by Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Madonna and Staind.

Interscope records recently rushed out rapper 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin' five days ahead of schedule, after the album was leaked early to the Internet and bootleggers. It doesn't seem to have adversely affected the album's sales (1.7 million in its first two weeks). But one Interscope executive says the rushed release still caused problems. "It throws the whole marketing campaign topsy-turvy," he says.

Korn frontman Jonathan Davis believes significant sales of the band's last album, Untouchables, were lost to piracy, and he vows to do something about it. "We got so fucked on our last one -- it leaked four months early," he says. "[Next] time there will be no CD going out before release. We're not going to give it to the label until a week before it comes out."

Not everyone is so worried. With Kid A, Radiohead loaned journalists digital-music players that were unable to copy the record. But for their next album, due in June, they probably won't take those precautions. The band's publicist believes that past album leaks did nothing to harm sales -- and may have, in fact, helped build the buzz.

STEVE HOCHMAN

(March 14, 2003)

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsartic...e.asp?nid=17732

Archived