let's talk about skateboarding

Mr. Mang

i don't think there has been a skateboarding thread in a while. do many of you still skate? what about beardo?

i've just been skating flatground at a downtown parking garage with a few friends the past new nights. sounds kinda lame maybe, but it's rad.

goin back to the BASICS.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

man i m soo drunk right now. but i still feel you. i never have time to skate anymore. only random flatground night sessions drunk in a parking lot. like tonight. best trick contest on the carpet in the living room. good times. hahaha oh man. ima go pass out now. good thread>

ive really wanted to buy a new board...the local store here sellls there completes pretty cheap....but i havent picked one up now for....damn like 4 or 5 years..on the reals...me thinks it will be weird...the ? is am i too old now? i dont know.....i think im goin to buy one though.

Originally posted by Mr. Mang

anyone live in the cincinatti area? there's a new park pretty close to there...

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/images/content/c4034.jpg'>

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/index.php?...tepark&park=711

Thats a fucking hot looking park. Wish I kept with skating but after fucking up my ankles so many times I just couldnt do it any more. I miss hitting up the Brooklyn banks the most, back then I used to work at Benji's for those who know that era. Thats when there used to be actually skate shops in NYC. Now all we got is fucking blades and every raver/hip-hop friendly clothing store on Broadway selling boards. Thanks to Sony and Tony we got a new surge of skating going down, I guess.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by yoink

sneak you fruitbooting bastard!

psssh....aggressive sk8erz were the shit. you know we werent the pussies like skate boarders who can just step off the deck. we went wherever our wheels (and in my case, gravity) took us.

this in fact, is a very touchy subject for me. I skate and ride. But i dont know which one to stick with. When I skate and i suck, ill just ride. But when i ride and i suck, ill skate. The only good thing about skating is that theres alot of people who skate here, but barely any riders. And then ill just stop completey for a month cause my knee starts to hurt cause i had to get surgery on it. whatever.

i used to skate a lot..i would say my peek was like sophomore/junior year in high school. i havent skated in years though, which is just too bad...maybe ill get out there again when the snow clears up. a good friend of mine gave me an alien workshop slick deck, the spectrum design, i think it was one of their earlier decks..i'm always a little hesitant to ride it, but it's not like i do more than ollies or kickflips and what have you, so it's probably not that bad...

i've taken up racquetball lately though..that's a great sport. i thought about starting a racquetball appreciation thread. i wonder if anyone else on here is down with racquetball...

p.s. - this thread is NOT about debating or discussing BMX or inline to a great extent. i don't want it to get into some bickering ordeal.

it hasnt but i was just saying.

anyhow i'm about to go skate the park below. its like 15 minutes tops from my house. some of you should come visit over spring break or something. or in the summer (but i'll be gone). i promise i'll have something constructive to add to this thread later.

http://www.skateboardparks.com/kentucky/louisvilleextremepark/115_1574_img.jpg'>

(and no - unless you're really good the fullpipe is NOT fun. it's rough on the inside and not worthy of really pumping)

havent skated for like 6 months or so, used to be mad good, tryied skating last week, im still good but no spots to skate at in boring Boston:mad:, that first pick with tha park in looks DOPE:eek:

gona start skatin again when i find some spots:o

Archived