lets talk about art school

Frida Kaloe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm actually looking to transfer too, i been lookin at academy of arts in san fran because my friend goes for video and likes it and i think im getting kicked out of community college because i hate it and the people here and this town and i havent been attending classes, but i hear the academy of arts schools are a bit pricey, are there any on the east coast thatre good??? what about boston? i dunno...help me out

nsk-vc

damn it feels good to be a gangsta....

mass art i think is a damn good school and it costs next to nothing, at least for me because im originally from massachusetts. somehow i ended up at rhode island school of design, which im not all too happy with at the moment. maybe its because of the cost i expect more out of it? i dont know...

ultimatly to make art school less expensive you have to get a scholarship and then take loans out for the rest of your life.

i was in san fransico earlier this year and the art school there was on every corner it seemed. i didnt get a chance to check it out though.

does anyone go to or know anyone that goes to cooper union or parsons? oh yea cooper union doesnt have tuition...if you can get in.

future in art? hell yea, you can make bling bling cash money in a lot of differnt areas..

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yo Kaloe, I'm a senior in ID here at RISD. Do I know you? I was wondering what year you're in, cause from my experience, RISD's ok, and you get what you make out of it. If you're a freshman (I'm assuming you aren't), trust me, things get WAY different (meaning: better) once you choose a major. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by Frida Kaloe

im originally from massachusetts. somehow i ended up at rhode island school of design............

hell yea, you can make bling bling cash money in a lot of differnt areas..

im from Prov, but ended up at Mass Art...go figure.

Mass Art is a great school, and also pretty cheap compared to RISD & other private art schools. I loved it there.

i am a sophmore in textiles that wants to be in ID. right now we are learning such basic foundations, which i appreciate, but at the same time we have no problem solving classes what so ever. i feel like there is a big part of my brain not being used. as im sure you know it is basically impossible to take on more than one major at this school, especially when involving ID. i dont want to sacrifice textiles for ID, but at the same time i dont want to have to wait until grad school for ID. parsons has both ID and textiles under one major called product design, but i dont know much about parsons, plus every textiles teacher is a grad of risd. ha. do you know me? probaly not this school is pretty good at keeping departments seperate.

I'm in my first semester of art school and I'm really liking it. I have one incredible professor who makes class rather interesting and entertaining. I'm in a mandatory foundation program, so unfortunately I can't do what I want right now, but I'm hoping to move into printmaking, and painting. and of course I'm going to take a jumble of other fun classes along the way.

Originally posted by Frida Kaloe

what sorts of fine art? i hopeing its not graffiti infused oil paintings. what company are you working for in graffic design? still in boston?

ahhh yes real doll, now that is fine art.

well......everything i do is influenced by graff in one way or another, but no, my paintings aren't pieces and tags on canvas......there may be a few elements and shit like that, but it's definetly not graffiti. It's pen & ink w/ watercolor & gouache mostly.....kinda cartoony stuff...kinda hard to explain it......hook up your email and Ill send you some flix....i dont really want to post my website or where i work on the internet (you know how that goes).

umm. I'm not in boston anymore....I work up there, but live in the Providence area.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

You're right, RISD keeps people to their own, and it's not often you hang with a big variety of majors. ID is dope, at RISD it's very problem-solving and concept oriented, as opposed to aesthetic and style oriented like what happens at achools like Art Center. Kinda harder for me, since my strengths lie in drawing and stylizing, but I feel like the emphasis on solid concept working at RISD is definitely a good foundation. I also don't think I'm gonna end up doing product design... My main interests lie in multimedia, which I could've gone into GD or FAV for, but I like the ID type of thinking that I end up putting into non-ID stuff, especially focusing on how my end design works in addition to how good it looks.

As for knowing me, uh, maybe. I'm one of those RISD breakdancing kids you might hear about, hehe. Although that might not help cause now there's breakdance classes on campus and tons of kids are doing it. Used to be only 4 of us. I'm in a drawing class with a couple of Textiles majors, you probably know them, but I can't remember their names now. Anyways, we'll definitely see each other at some point. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest Handjob

Instead of art school, lets talk about the way Reser's dink pops out of his ginch all the time. Does anyone else have this problem with their roomate?

Its fucking weak, I see his balls a lot too.:( :o

Originally posted by Lush

gouache is the devils paint.

yeah, gouache can be a real pain in the ass. i like to thin it out to the point of it being slightly more opaque than watercolor. it's really cool thick too (check out evan hecox's work.....to see some really dope qouache techniques).

MoeLarryCurley....i know RISD hass a good photo dept, but I dont know any specifics, sorry.

Guest Doctor Beans

is art school nesisary? i was this >< close to going to one but then i realized i have no money , and then i started to realize that what they teach can be learned at the local library for much less i guess the only thing that a art school would get me is a new space to fil on applications

nipples, my email is minoresoteric@aol.com

im quite curious about your work.

gouache is one of my favorite mediums. im in a propaganda illustration class and i use gouache for every project. i was thinking i might like to turn some of them into silkscreened posters and wheat paste the town.

el mamerro, who in the heck are you? yea haha i heard about those breakdancing classes. i think they might be fun to spy on.

moelarrycurly, thinking about risd, eh? i have friends in FAV and they love it. i was in one of their videos tonight. as for photo i dont know how that is here because you arent allowed to touch the dark rooms unless you are in that major. i know that mass art has an excellent photo department, they even have one of the biggest poloriod cameras in the world, there are only like 14 of them or something. have you been on tours?

• 1 month later...

Archived