lets just say.....

RumPuncher

that I need to 'lighten my load' and get rid

of some of the junk I've been collecting.

Specifically.... 45 graf mags including some rare ones.

Should I put them on ebay and let some suckers bid for them,

or find someone who's actually deserving of them who

will treasure them and drool over them like I did.

just curious....

oh.. has anyone done an ebay auction with a reserve?

Close this if you think it falls under the 'no selling shit' rule, but that's not my intention.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny dunny deto.

there's just way too many to list of the top of my head.

as far as rare shits go..... I hear 12oz # 4 is hard to get a hold of.

what I'm thinking, just add up the 'sticker price' for all of them

and make that my reserve for an ebay auction.

now... does anyone have any experience selling shit on the 'bay?

Man, I used to have hundreds of graff mags, but now I only have, like, five. Fuckin' pigs.

If you have any Quality of Lifes, or anything with nyc classic trains, I'll probably grab them. Or any 12ozes, minus the Os Gemeos one, too. Ummm...maybe even a Backjumps, or two.

Oh, if you have any of the On The Run books, particularly Jepsey or Seen, I'll get those, too.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by DETO

don't worry, Tesser has it bad for you, it stays open!

<span style='color:888888'>watch out!!

and yeah, what dazzle said...</span>

You got that right turd, kilo has the common sense, maturity, intelligence, to word his stuff and come correct. If this was your thread it would be like:

pink

and then

red http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/images/lockfolder.gif'>

G's up/hoes down

I don't see how you can go wrong with eBay. Who says they won't find a good home there? Chances are the people bidding for them writes. And if they're a toy, oh well everyone started off toy and you might be doin them a favor by opening their world up a little more. I don't know what this "rich sucker" and "undeserving" is all about. I doubt Donald Trump and Paris Hilton are going to be bidding for it.

the Bates On The Run is in there.

Here's the thing... I dont want to split them up.

I dont want to sell singles, I want to move the whole lot.

It's not a good 'collection' or anything, but it's a fair bit of content that someone would love to have.

that's the ebay angle... no splitting it up.

Originally posted by Weapon X

also, I'd be interested in some old While You Were Sleepings (the ones with old Baltimore stuff), or WYWS Ghetto Blaster, if they ever came out with any issues besides the one I ahve.

Word, Ghetto Blaster was one of my favorite issues. I figured since WYWS is basically no longer a graff mag, their "extention" magazine that was solely graff would make up for it. But what happened? They came out with like one issue. I'm betting you're talking about the one that was mostly green on the front and had a lot of MSK graff on the cover.

Guest imported_Tesseract

And after all that jazz, seriously...find a young writer you think is passionate about graffiti and give them away like that. Best solution.

If this thread starts to contain prices or evolves into a trade, its getting closed...just so deto feels better.

you have a point there TheoHux.

Ideally, they would go to some 12 year old kid who's totally in love with the shit with an untainted passion that most of us haven't had for years. That's the thing right there... it could inspire the next ****** (nig name writer).

...or it could end up in japan.

Originally posted by Tesseract

If this thread starts to contain prices or evolves into a trade, its getting closed...just so deto feels better.

that's why I haven't said boo about money.

and giving them away would be one thing,

but I dont really know any art prodigys.

It's not about making money,

it's about cleaning off some of my shelf space.

oh.. anyone want some old skin rags?

(not 'old' as in 'granny lovers' or anything)

you old cats remember suds?

well that's the kind of kid I'm tlaking about.

Anyone who would bomb with pudding would

be totaly deserving of my magazine collection.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by DETO

i really don't care, i like Kilo, let him sell his shit here, and just to make you happy, he can say that some of the Prophets will go to to 12oz, *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

see? you got it all wrong. If kilo sells his shit here THE THREAD GETS CLOSED. Thats how it is for everyone. The only person that will ever make money out of this site is the person that pays for it.

It aint exactly nice towards kilo to hammer his thread in order to attack me cause what you implied is that this thread will only stay open because kilo is the homie. You got something to say? be clear about it and stop playing yourself.

dont worry you two (tesser and deto)

I'm just asking about the practicality of selling my old mags.

I'm not doing it here, nor am I trying to make money though the 'ounce.

Really... I dont care to make money, I just dont want it to cost me a ton.

That is unless I give them away.

Originally posted by <KEY3>

oh.. anyone want some old skin rags?

(not 'old' as in 'granny lovers' or anything)

DAMN! nevermind!

and suds was a cool ass kid, wonder what ever happened to him, he once drew me and dents drag racing some cows.</span>

Originally posted by TheoHuxtab|e

Word, Ghetto Blaster was one of my favorite issues. I figured since WYWS is basically no longer a graff mag, their "extention" magazine that was solely graff would make up for it. But what happened? They came out with like one issue. I'm betting you're talking about the one that was mostly green on the front and had a lot of MSK graff on the cover.

now, I'm not quite sure, but I don't think so. It had a green tinge to it, but it had scrap trains (possibly) on the cover, t2bs and everything.

Originally posted by Weapon X

now, I'm not quite sure, but I don't think so. It had a green tinge to it, but it had scrap trains (possibly) on the cover, t2bs and everything.

Yeah that could be it. I lost the issue, but it came out like in '99. It had a green "tinge", and a bunch of vehicles/trains/walls around the bottom with graff on it.