Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

lets just say.....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by <KEY3>, Aug 26, 2004.

1. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

that I need to 'lighten my load' and get rid
    of some of the junk I've been collecting.
    Specifically.... 45 graf mags including some rare ones.

Should I put them on ebay and let some suckers bid for them,
    or find someone who's actually deserving of them who
    will treasure them and drool over them like I did.

just curious....
    oh.. has anyone done an ebay auction with a reserve?

Close this if you think it falls under the 'no selling shit' rule, but that's not my intention.

2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

What kind? How much?

3. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

don't worry, Tesser has it bad for you, it stays open!
    [color=888888]watch out!!

and yeah, what dazzle said...
    </span>

4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

give us a list of the mags brotha

5. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

funny dunny deto.

there's just way too many to list of the top of my head.
    as far as rare shits go..... I hear 12oz # 4 is hard to get a hold of.

what I'm thinking, just add up the 'sticker price' for all of them
    and make that my reserve for an ebay auction.
    now... does anyone have any experience selling shit on the 'bay?

6. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

the real question:

should I sell them to some rich sucker on ebay
    or should I try to find a good home for them?

7. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Man, I used to have hundreds of graff mags, but now I only have, like, five. Fuckin' pigs.

If you have any Quality of Lifes, or anything with nyc classic trains, I'll probably grab them. Or any 12ozes, minus the Os Gemeos one, too. Ummm...maybe even a Backjumps, or two.

Oh, if you have any of the On The Run books, particularly Jepsey or Seen, I'll get those, too.

8. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I'm sure people on here would be interested, plus you'd be able to see who you're selling them to.

Give us a ballpark figure......

9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

also, I'd be interested in some old While You Were Sleepings (the ones with old Baltimore stuff), or WYWS Ghetto Blaster, if they ever came out with any issues besides the one I ahve.

10. You got that right turd, kilo has the common sense, maturity, intelligence, to word his stuff and come correct. If this was your thread it would be like:

pink

and then
    red http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/images/lockfolder.gif'> [/color]

G's up/hoes down

11. TheoHuxtab|e

TheoHuxtab|e Banned

I don't see how you can go wrong with eBay. Who says they won't find a good home there? Chances are the people bidding for them writes. And if they're a toy, oh well everyone started off toy and you might be doin them a favor by opening their world up a little more. I don't know what this "rich sucker" and "undeserving" is all about. I doubt Donald Trump and Paris Hilton are going to be bidding for it.

12. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

the Bates On The Run is in there.

Here's the thing... I dont want to split them up.
    I dont want to sell singles, I want to move the whole lot.
    It's not a good 'collection' or anything, but it's a fair bit of content that someone would love to have.

that's the ebay angle... no splitting it up.

13. TheoHuxtab|e

TheoHuxtab|e Banned

Word, Ghetto Blaster was one of my favorite issues. I figured since WYWS is basically no longer a graff mag, their "extention" magazine that was solely graff would make up for it. But what happened? They came out with like one issue. I'm betting you're talking about the one that was mostly green on the front and had a lot of MSK graff on the cover.

14. And after all that jazz, seriously...find a young writer you think is passionate about graffiti and give them away like that. Best solution.

If this thread starts to contain prices or evolves into a trade, its getting closed...just so deto feels better.

15. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

you have a point there TheoHux.

Ideally, they would go to some 12 year old kid who's totally in love with the shit with an untainted passion that most of us haven't had for years. That's the thing right there... it could inspire the next ****** (nig name writer).

...or it could end up in japan.