Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

lets all help southern get a good grade!!

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Southern kid, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Southern kid

Southern kid Elite Member

i have a class in which i have to make a 15 minute documentary on something. being that it needed to be original and creative..i chose hobos and freight train culture as my topic. since it's a small town, and my professor hasnt ever left the grand state of texas..i figured it wouldnt be too bad of a choice. but the point of this thread however..is to find video footage that is already shot on hobos. i only have access to mr kabar...so i'm going to need some good stuff to fill in the gaps. anything would be great. it doesnt nessicarily be based on hoboes...it can be just on trains. doctumentary type stuff.....such as a&e videos or that mtv true life thing on hoboes. any of you guys know of some sources off hand? ;)

2. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

your professor seriously hasn't left texas? he should NOT be a professor then...thats pathetic!

3. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

it'd be funny if you incorporated that scene from dancer in the dark.

ummm. there's a movie about woody guthrie that shows a bunch of bums gettin beat up by bulls.

the duffy littlejohn book talks about some movie where they tie a nut on a string underneath the train to hit hobos rising bottom.

and the beginnin of o brother where art thou....

oh.. and the simpsons :p

4. otto dix

otto dix Veteran Member

the story of my academic career was getting myself in too deep with projects...then, once i was almost done, i would just change my topic to something stupid and easy like dinosaurs and still get a D.

5. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

"Riding the Rails" video

Southern--The Riding the Rails video is available from Houston Public Libraries, It's like 75 minutes long or thereabouts. Lots of shots of the 1930's and 1940's. Plus some out-takes from a great movie about kids that decided to become tramps back in the Great Depression. It's basically the same idea you had, but about five or six very admirable old guys and one remarkable woman who became hoboes in the Great Depression.

6. Are2

Are2 Guest

i don't know whether it applies to trains, but there is a documentary called "the mole people" about hobos living in s.f. tunnels (i think..i have never gotten to see it, i know a couple dudes who have)

good luck

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

the mole people is actually in a book.. you're thinking dark days... about the ny tunnels.

dateline did a special on ftra w/ some shots of some yobos in action.

8. that movie is called Emperor Of The North

9. Are2

Are2 Guest

word..dark days, that's it..

i smoke too much...

10. monkeybutter

monkeybutter New Jack

hook up with jerry springer. didnt he do a show on mole people? anyways youd probably get layed quicker doin shit on jerry than on some ol hobos

11. socks

socks Member

just give your teacher a burlapsack with some gear in it that you would find on a tramp or hobo:cans of beans, tin cup, belt to hold blanket, etc..
    write a short depressing narrative in whichlife began at 58mph, time stops at 60mph and freedom is a constant 59mph without an increamant of vacillation.
    play the tom waits song titled "cold water".