lesson learned:krylon is gimp

rinse

so i did a quick inventory of supplies tonight and found about 22 full/semi-full cans of paint without caps in them. i tried mashing caps in them and 12 of them just began spitting up mad paint from the nozzle and rejecting the caps. was gonna throw them out but dont want to waste the paint, anyone ever delt with this and know any salvage techniques? yea and 12 out of the 22 cans that were missing caps are krylon... krylon... only the capless krylon cans are misbehaving, imagine that!

come on yall wizards out there give me some good advice.

HELP SAVE SOME CANS O'BUSTED UP KRYLON

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by wiseguy

dont jam the cap in there, twist it in slowly ive had that same problem before and have found that this helps.

thats is dead on. also try to store them with some cap in there stock or whatever ... it wont let the seal dry out as fast when its not exposed all the time. when the seal dries out and you jam a cap you will likely tear it and shove it in the opening of the valve causing an seemingly enless.

originally posted by wiseguy:

dont jam the cap in there, twist it in slowly ive had that same problem before and have found that this helps.

yup, i can get the caps in but when it comes time to paint, the spray comes bubbles up from the valve (around the neck of the cap). the caps work fine in other cans though. pretty sure the cans are dead, maybe i'll try the return thing... only problem is you dont get receipts when you rack.

hmmmm.

not sure that i've ever been too agressive when it comes to changing out caps, but i will pay special attention in the future. the vibe i am getting is that krylon cans just aren't manufactured to be very durable(yet another reason why krylon's rep is spotty). i haven't had this kind of trouble with any other brands i've used (with the exception of MAYBE one or two old cans of the cheapies but never 12 cans at a time of somewhat new/fairly full cans). i think rusto has been winning me over for awhile now.

..i actually use my paint...so i've never had this problem......don't let your paint sit for months betweem uses...

-originally posted by: porque

hmmm, sound advice. like i said this is a new one by me... but i was hoping that someone who "actually uses their paint" would stumble onto this thread and shed some real light on the subject. much abliged.

for those that didnt catch it, my tone in this post was laced with sarcasm... i use my colors as i need them. some cans may sit longer than others but please... who doesn't "actually use their paint"? don't hate just participate.

just improvise or get a jacket and rack it. new shit never hurt ... try filing down the cap neck. a slight possibility that a wall has ben created by storage time within female can.........carve it and twist 'er in don't let your shit sit... wasteful

Archived