Lens and the moral dilemna

Gunm

Today at work i found a really fucking nice MP3 player sitting out with no one to claim it and my co-worker saw me grab it. He comes up to me and says, "What's that?" and I go "It's mine". I show it to him and he takes it saying "DUde, this has gotta go to lost and found."

Mother fucker turns it in and now i am faced with a dilemna. Do i reserve the right to have my roomate come and claim it since I found the damn thing laying out in the open with no one around hence "finders keepers losers weepers"? Or since it is now in lost and found thanks to the actions of captain do-right do I not have the right to pursue this course of action?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude... I left an mp3 player in an afterhour boozecan once

and I relaised I had lost it about an hour after leaving.

So I jet back... it's in my neighbourhood, and I find

some girl on the couch where I was sitting LISTENING TO MY MUSIC!!!!

The Headphones were on her head and the player was in her purse.

Luckily I had rare headphones or I wouldnt have been able to tell.

So long story short... I told her it was mine,

she tried to act like it wasnt, her friend busted her and made her give it back.

So yeah... it's an mp3 player. Give it back.

If no one comes in a week, then it's yours.

If they dont notice their tunes are gone by then, they dont deserve it.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

karma's a bitch.

^^ I also agree.

If you dont at least give the owner a few days to claim it,

you'll find yourself losing your keys, passport and mind before too long.

on a side note....

remember that story where that one guy who used to post on here found a wallet with $500 cash in it and the wallet belonged to a uber rich bank dude? Well the wallet was returned and he gave me the entire $500. er.... I mean that guy who used to post here under some other name. er... yeah...

Yeah, key, I remember that. My friend found some dude’s wallet on the street once with money and stuff in it. He returned it to the guy, who happened to be a neighbour. The moral of the story is that if you return stuff, you get a good weed connection, as well as get burned many spliffs for nothing but being a good citizen.

I kinda go by a theives code.

Never steal from friends. Never steal from people who need it.

And uhh.... well that's about it.

But seeing as how you don't know who's it is I would suggest turning it in because they may have very important sentimental stuff on there or maybe it's their most valuble possession in the world.

But yeah if they don't claim it then I don't see why you shouldn't. Before someone else does...

Actually now that I think about it I haven't stolen anything in a long time now. Heh, feels pretty good not to have to do that anymore.

Originally posted by mr.yuck

You better have your boy go pick it up before snitchy McDogoode's boy comes and picks it up. Sounds like he is plottin on doin the same thing.

:lol: I was thinking that as well....

take it and pull an office space and stop coming to work.

bunch of my freinds all work at a bar and at the end of the night there is MAD shit in the lost and found that drunk people forgot...they got wardrobes full of shit from there.

Karma is a belief.

If you dont believe in it... roomate comes and gets that shit.

and even if you DO believe in the whole karma thing, have it sit in lost and found til its there for a bit, then its yours.

Archived