Lego Concentration Camp

Guest NATO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Its suposed to be a work showing how we could manipulated/taught to participate in tragedys throught simulations..yada yada yada...

If you ask me age of empires, civilasation and black and white prove that thing better and in a not so profound way.

The whole idea is ok i guess, the work is cheap though

2c.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

hook me up with a link to the pic.. id like to see it...

ok here they are, i was getting bad vibes about them so i took them down. i just want to say im all for art that makes you think, i did not make these.

"From a series of LEGO sets designed by Polish artist Zbigniew Libera. Each box contains the blocks necessary to build the figures and structures on its lid. When Libera requested the LEGOs from the company's Warsaw representative, he planned to create sets for a prison and a hospital, but the project evolved into a concentration camp. According to a press release issued by the LEGO Group, "If the had described his ultimate project to us in advance, he naturally would not have received a single LEGO element from us!" The sets were on display in March at the Galleri Faurschou in Copenhagen"

eba00164922f00000026.jpg

eba00164922f00000027.jpg

lego-kz5.jpg

"I was really afraid that a commotion surrounding this work would overshadow everything else in our exhibit," Wojciechowski said in his Warsaw office. "For Poles, it is a great symbol that the Germans placed concentration camps on our soil and, in this way, negatively marked Polish history. The concentration camp is also a great symbol for Jews around the world."

Libera, who spent a year in prison under communism for sketching unauthorized political cartoons, insists that the Lego creations are essential to his current collection. His recent artworks employ ordinary objects to mock mass culture's obsession with everything from large sex organs to trendy narcotic highs.

"This is censorship all over again," said the lanky, fair-haired artist. "I created this work to inspire discussion, not to suppress it."

Archived