legal walls

cite2k

is there a such this as a legal wall,or is ita urban legand? how would i push my community to start one? and lastly how can i write on it without getting caught for other shit i've done...do i need to use another name?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

to get an actual legal wall that the city recognizes you have to go through your local city hall , and its a pain in the ass . and you being a teenager , wont get one . as far as getting one from an owner of a property , you just need to ask , but be able to back it up with quality work , and judging from your question , you wont get that either .

We have a legal in Gainesville. There was some debate over who owns it and who would be responsible for paying for buffing.....but the city somewhat officially painted a memorial mural on it....they haven't made it illegal yet, so it's cool so far.

Yo in my area there are mad legals, a legal can be a wall at a store like a skate shop or skate park shit like that is legal. All ya got to do is show them ya shit and ask them. Legal doensnt have to be a city letting you do a wall. And as far as you getting busted for previous works dont sweat it kid if your paint a legal no one can bother you. Well thy can stop you and question you but as long as you got permission your golden. So go get a legal wall and hit us back with flicks.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by cite2k

is there a such this as a legal wall,or is ita urban legand? how would i push my community to start one? and lastly how can i write on it without getting caught for other shit i've done...do i need to use another name?

NEVER I REPEAT NEVER USE THE SAME NAME TO DO LEGALS. self explanitory.

Originally posted by cite2k

and lastly how can i write on it without getting caught for other shit i've done...do i need to use another name?

uhm....im not going to tell you how to get a legal..because they aren't my cup of tea...however if you want to write your name on a legal wall..legally they cannot do a thing to you..it could just be a coincidence that some other kid uses the same name...most laws state they have to catch you in the act of doing something illegal...however...they would know who you are...im guessing your town isn't big on graff anyways...so whatevs..

city

seeing as how it's been proven that legal walls increase the amount of vandalism locally, I think it would be pretty hard to get the city to make one( though i'm sure some do), that one in gainsville started out as a memorial wall i'm pretty sure, and I fucking hate that shit, Happy birthday cindy, Congratulations on Graduating Darcy, shit pisses me off. Not to mention the wall is torn to hell.

the legal wall near me would be cool if it wasn't being watched by a camera to bust ppl dumb enough to paint it. They get you on camera throwin up your shit and then they have a pic of u which they give to the cops.

legals

We have a legal in our city, which is basically the side of a business. The owner won't share the id's of the writers with anyone and he's good about covering the area when they wanna throw up. It's not very big, but it's there. I don't think there's a chance of getting a legal elsewhere, though... too much opposition and too easy to shoot it down.

Legals are pretty easy to find in LA,you just find a tagged up store and ask if you can paint somethin nice over it, usually the owner will appreciate a niece piece and character over gang tags. Usually you can find one by meeting somewhat progressive business owners.Most public open to everyone walls in LA are either illegal or get burned quickly cuz theyre in shithole areas so someone ends up getting shot there, stupid huh? I was wondering about seeing if LA politicos would allow destroyed spots, like the river, to become free for alls, thatd be tight.I gotta see watsup with the legal politic bullshit to get it goin.

here in pittsburgh pa,......theres a bike trail thats four miles long and they made it llegal to paint it.....but only 2 miles of it is wall.........llegal walls such as this has a major fall back.......wak as toys doing wak ass peices and people that dont write come write there gay ass names on it such as (mike 3:16):king:

THERE IS SUCH THINGS AS LEGAL WALLS THERE A GOOD SPOT TO DO A VERY INTRICATE PIECE THAT TAKES A LONG TIME, NOW IF YOUR A WRITER THAT ONLY GETS UP IN CHILL ASS YARDS AND SHIT THEN I SUGGEST THAT YOU TRY TO GET UP IN SPOTS THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE CHANCE OF GETTIN BUSTED NOW IM ALL FOR CHILL YARDS BUT I GET UP IN MORE THAN YARDS, BUT A LEGAL WALL IS DEFINETELY COOL WITH ME IT GIVES ME TIME IT ELIMINATES THE TASK OF COMMIN BACK FOR 2 OR 3 NIGHTS I CAN DO IT ALL DURIN THE DAY

Guest PHYNE

yep to get a leagl you have to go through city hall and shit i emailed my city fuck workers and i got a meeting soon for a wall...we did a legal staurday for the city and there was cops there and i asked if i would get arrested for writing what i write and i was told no due to its LEGAL!!!!! i was told that they couldnt do shit to us...but it might vary from city to city...peace:cool:

Archived