Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Legal Status for Fetuses?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Don't Panic, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

I'm not sure what I think about this one. I definitely agree that there should be extra punishment for someone who kills a fetus on top of whatever else they were doing, but is this the right way to go about it? By recognizing a fetus as a seperate victim, you are more or less supporting the view that it is a person- which means that it is entitled to a set of rights. One piece of wording I am not comfortable with is the 'at any stage of developement' line when defining the term 'unborn child'. It seems to leave the door open a little too conveniently. Any thoughts?

2. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

it's cool in the way that the pricks that assult/murder a pregnant woman are going to get harsher penalties, but i guess it's going to make the abortion issue a whole lot more complicated.

Mr. ABC/pro choice

4. Abracadabra

5. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

6. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« Senior Member

well..

In a way, like mr abc man said, it does make the whole abortion thing more complicated, but I like the idea in a way because sometimes these sicko husbands/boyfriends/baby daddies get crazy when they find out they knocked someone up and try to kill the baby on the sly.

This story on the news not that long ago was about a respected doctor who was poisoning his wife's food because he didn't want the baby she was pregnant with..so she had to give birth to a still-born(dead) baby. That kinda shit is sick and deserves very severe punishment, at least in my opinion.

7. $360

$360 Elite Member

pro fucking choice. ive almost punched fuckers with the pictures of dead babies.

but it does indeed, make it complicated.

8. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

i agree that pregnant women deserve more rights under the law
    i agree that they should be shielded from violent crimes
    and that there should be extra punishment for people who victimize pregnant women

...as there are special circumstances when a victim is under the age of i think 7..for example, it's automatically capital murder if you kill someone that young..

but the legal status for the fetus as a separate person, that's clearly an ulterior agenda..

fucking republicans. disguising their undermining of women's reproductive rights within a bill to protect pregnant women...they should be ashamed of themselves.

9. caL

caL Senior Member

i think there trying to make 2004 a record year in fuck ups bye the government.

10. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

pro choice. fuck the haters. anybody making the decision to not have a child in this fucked up world will get my help and my vote every time.

11. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

FULLY PRO-CHOICE.

but i do have one teenie weenie little issue.

What if a man gets a woman pregnant, and wants the child. he will take full responsibility and custody of the child and raise the kid on his own. but the woman doesn't want to have the kid. I think it kind of sucks that the man has no say. of course the guy isnt the one that has to be pregnant for 9 months and have the baby, but i think it sucks that a dude who doesnt want his kid aborted has no say in the deal. but like i said, pro fuckin choice.

12. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

I agree, men do get the shit end of the descision making stick when it comes to abortion. Especially considering impact that the descision will have on the next nineteen years of a man's life. We can't keep a child that we want, but we can be forced to pay for a child we didn't want in the first place. There is an artificial womb that is being developed (I don't know much about it) which would allow a fetus to be brought to term outside of a woman's body- which opens up all kinds of interesting things to talk about concerning law, evolution, father's rights vs. mother's rights, and all that fun shit. But I am certain it is a far way off from being readily available. I guess you could try to grow a fetus inside of one of those lovelumps until then.

I do think that this will be used to attack pro-choice in coming years, provided it makes it all the way. Reading nothing but the name 'Unborn Victims of Violence Act' was enough to get me going 'shiiiiiiit.'

13. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

thats the problem. i believe in FATHERS rights, but you know that shit will be used to attack pro-choice. definitely a complex issue. anyways, i always whip it out and stick it in my girls mouth before i nut anyway, so none of this really applies to me.

14. Abracadabra

[​IMG]

15. adderall

adderall Elite Member

enough of this fetus rights nonsense.. lets allocate more resources for stem cell research