Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Legal question for English writers

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by sime, May 17, 2006.

1. sime

sime Member

Hello

Is it true that you can only be *prosecuted* for Criminal Damage if the owner of the
    property (be it an individual or an entity such as a business or local authority) actually presses charges? This is something I was told by a writer who has been "through the mill" a few times
    but I would like any further info if anyone has some.

(note: i don't mean arrested, i mean prosecuted in court)

If anyone KNOWS anything please respond, if you only *think* then please keep it to yourself.

many thanks.

2. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I THINK that may be true

but I am not sure

ha ha, c'mon duder, you were ASKING for it

3. sime

sime Member

ha ha ha ok yeah I was

BUT LENS HAS DONE IT NOW SO NOBODY ELSE TRY IT.....OR THE PUPPY DIES

(nah I wouldn't hurt a puppy).

4. opee1

opee1 New Jack

thats true blue.. only on private property thou, fuck up summat council owned or highway agencies, transit authorities etc an the'll ave yer..

5. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

yer, ive been through the 'mill' way to much

You get in trouble for what is 'crimed' (meaning someone had made a complaint, anyone from a homeowner to the british transport police)

everything else can be 'taken into consideration' meaning if someone complained about it a few months after youve had your punishment, the cops cant arrest you again and go throught the whole process, so its wise to get the shit no ones yet moaned about, but blatently will ,toc'd, as it could keep coming back to you and fuck you over and over.

Hope it helps.

If you get busted for a name, and there is other stuff of that name that they havnt said anything about, i suggest you get covering,.

6. Razzle2006

Razzle2006 New Jack

Yeah that's correct, they need a complaint that something has been damaged before they can prosecute.

But like Skirm said - if you're busted for a name it'd be a good idea to cover yourself up

7. sime

sime Member

thanks for the replies!

So just to confirm, any privately owned land/structure needs a complainant to secure any possible prosecution proceedures?

So can the cops prosecute you themselves if it is "public" property?

I might even try to get all this stuff into a database so people can get advice/knowledge about the law in the UK. I wish I had more advice when I got busted. Reckon I could've walked knowing what I know now...ah well, you learn through experience eh? lol

8. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

well if you get in a fight and cause abh or gbh you wont get prosecuted if the victim decides not to press charges but i dont know if the same applies here

9. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

Well theyd arrest you if they saw you and then contact the owner who would decide to press charges or not, if not youd get a caution.