legal drama gets no appreciation thread.

imported_dowmagik

Yesterday morning I was woken up by my roomie, he tells me "yo Kev, some cops are here and want to talk to you." I open my front door and am greeted by two female cops. They smile and say "you know why we're here, youre under arrest for criminal mischief". I say "fuck" and tell them I want to throw on some pants cause i know how cold it is in county. Im told they need to follow me to my room (they didnt handcuff me). I start getting dressed and they ask me if they can take the stuff they want or if i want to wait around for them to get a search warrent. I tell them just snag whatever and lets get this dealt with. They took my paint, anything else graff related including books/mags and even a pair of my fucking shoes because they had paint on them. Halfway through the search they find my $400 bong and other glass. I literally begged them not to take it and told them I would make them breakfast if they left it. They laughed and told me they wouldnt take it cause they knew I would just go buy another one. Anyways, the two cops informed me that theyre the graff task force and theyve been after me for quite some time. Hell, they even gave me props on getting up so much and told me they "like my work". The cops were pretty chill and never cuffed me except for when I rode in the car (they said they were only doing it because it's policy).

They brought me to an interviewing room and showed me a very large binder with my moniker and two other friends' on the cover. These fuckers had so many pics of graff it was insane. I asked if I could get copies and they denied. They asked me questions about how long I've wrote, how I do certain things, etc. They started getting aggro when they couldnt talk me into giving anyone up and ended up adding ann additional felony because of it I think. To make a long story short, they let me walk back home with 3 crim misch felonies and two graff related violations. I was told they would ask the DA to give me the same deal a previous writer got, plead guilty to one felony and drop the rest. Some jail and a bunch of fines, 3-4 years of probation. Can you move out of state when you're currently on probation for a felony? Anyways, fuck legal drama and sorry for this exhaustive rant. Stay safe you fucks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by StarzAbove

I enjoyed reading that, i think you shouldn't of have let them take stuff w/o a warrent that way you maybe could of have got rid of it but too late. Kep us updated

Yeah, true, but if they did come back with a warrant, they have probably already scanned around the room to see what was there, so they would notice if anything were missing. Better jsut to get it done, especially if the cops are being chill.

Guest me IS cool

Wow they fucked you good in the ass. Do I dare ask how they got your info in the first place?*

edit* Sorry that was a bit rude of me. I know it must suck to get busted.

you can move out of state depending on the leniency that the judge allows, but, i will tell you this, mose judges will not.

on another note, you can probably get a lawyer to bring down something due to the fact that you were cooperating with the officers.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, IT"S BEEN SAID A MILLION TIMES BEFORE, KEEP YOUR SHIT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!!, OR IF YOU KEEP IT IN YOUR HOUSE, MAKE SURE YOU GOT A NICE HOLE IN THE WALL WHERE IT CANT BE FOUND, IT MIGHT SEEM LIKE A LARGE STEP TO TAKE BUT THE TRUTH IS YOU CAN AND WILL GET FUCKED, IF YOU SHIT IS FOUND.

TYPING IN CAPS LOCK MEANS IM SERIOUS NIGGAS, OH YEA>

Originally posted by dowmagik

Yesterday morning I was woken up by my roomie, he tells me "yo Kev, some cops are here and want to talk to you." I open my front door and am greeted by two female cops. They smile and say "you know why we're here"

i thought the story was going to go veeery different after this

anyhow, bad luck about the jail time kev...shit happens

Originally posted by fatbastard

Im very curious, how did they get your information/address to begin with? where did you slip up?

maybe he spoke a bit too much in a drunken stupor before beating some new kid in town down who knew where he lived??? its possible, but then there might be additional charges as well..

good luck with that.

This sucks, dude. But you should have waited for the warrent to be issued because at least you could have gotten some of the incriminating things out of your house if they released you before they had the warrent. Get a lawyer, he might be able to get the case thrown out because of lack of a warrent.

Good luck.

In June a buddy and I got locked up for painting, but they didnt know who was painting what exactly so they released us without charges. A few weeks ago I again got popped painting and the cop saw what I was writing. Well it turns out he sent the pics to the city police and they then knew what I wrote.

They found mad stickers with my moniker on them, I had tags on some stuff in my room, they found pieces of paper I had bombed. In june when I got arrested there was a witness that called the cops. So pretty much there is no way in hell I could get off, so I told them what I wrote. They had me bomb a piece of paper for them and I wrote 'I (heart) Cops". I think that scored me some points.

arcel, if u use aim hit me up: shoehustler

Ouch, you got fucked horizontally with a traffic light, no lube and cold, cold hands.

I've only been pegged with minimal misdemeanor charges. I was caught within 4 months of moving to where I live now and didn't think the cops were that on the jump because I hadn't made much of a name for myself. Turns out they really do keep track of just about every new piece of work that pops up, they were telling me they had about 50-some charges they COULD throw at me (probably bullshit) but didn't because I cooperated when I was knocked (which was beyond choice.. I had literally no where to run to being on a major blvd).

Basically it sounds like you've already done all that I could suggest. When you're already fucked beyond the point of no return your only option is to be as kind, charasmatic, and cooperative as poopsible.

Get that attorney to try to get you minimal time. Are you in school? Do you have a good job? Got any enemies that are running guns?

Guest KING BLING

Police are trained to fuck with your head. If they are nice mostly it is because they hope to gain your trust, which they did. Did they give you a pass on the bong or could it be 1) Not illegal to possess or 2) Not within the purpose of the search and thus not within there power to confiscate? Be more critical

I open my front door and am greeted by two female cops. They smile and say "you know why we're here, youre under arrest for criminal mischief".

I want my lawyer

I start getting dressed and they ask me if they can take the stuff they want or if i want to wait around for them to get a search warrent.

Get the warrant, I want my lawyer

Yeah you can move out of state but the process takes a while and is handled through your PO. The one thing that sucks though about doing this is when they set you up with a new PO dont think that you are not still being watched by your old PO who still has ultimate control over you. Its more like a babysitting program. I went through that drama before and ended up getting fucked by 2 different counties. Shit sucks. Get a lawyer. When i got popped for writing I got my case knocked down to a B misdemeanor. My lawyer told the judge that i was indegint and i had 0 fines 0 restoration. Just 20 hours of community service and 6 mos of probation.

yo dow at least get a free con. with a lawyer to see if they may have conned u into a search. its worth a shot cuz if they did all the things they found would b thrown out in court. and by the sound of it they did. fuck that witness!!!!:lol:

Archived