Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

legal drama gets no appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_dowmagik, Jul 30, 2004.

1. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

Yesterday morning I was woken up by my roomie, he tells me "yo Kev, some cops are here and want to talk to you." I open my front door and am greeted by two female cops. They smile and say "you know why we're here, youre under arrest for criminal mischief". I say "fuck" and tell them I want to throw on some pants cause i know how cold it is in county. Im told they need to follow me to my room (they didnt handcuff me). I start getting dressed and they ask me if they can take the stuff they want or if i want to wait around for them to get a search warrent. I tell them just snag whatever and lets get this dealt with. They took my paint, anything else graff related including books/mags and even a pair of my fucking shoes because they had paint on them. Halfway through the search they find my $400 bong and other glass. I literally begged them not to take it and told them I would make them breakfast if they left it. They laughed and told me they wouldnt take it cause they knew I would just go buy another one. Anyways, the two cops informed me that theyre the graff task force and theyve been after me for quite some time. Hell, they even gave me props on getting up so much and told me they "like my work". The cops were pretty chill and never cuffed me except for when I rode in the car (they said they were only doing it because it's policy).

They brought me to an interviewing room and showed me a very large binder with my moniker and two other friends' on the cover. These fuckers had so many pics of graff it was insane. I asked if I could get copies and they denied. They asked me questions about how long I've wrote, how I do certain things, etc. They started getting aggro when they couldnt talk me into giving anyone up and ended up adding ann additional felony because of it I think. To make a long story short, they let me walk back home with 3 crim misch felonies and two graff related violations. I was told they would ask the DA to give me the same deal a previous writer got, plead guilty to one felony and drop the rest. Some jail and a bunch of fines, 3-4 years of probation. Can you move out of state when you're currently on probation for a felony? Anyways, fuck legal drama and sorry for this exhaustive rant. Stay safe you fucks.

2. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

At least they weren't dicks and threw you around. Good luck. hahah I like that you said 'you'd make them breakfast'

I don't think you can move out of state when on probation, but I am not a legal beagle.

3. jakepaints

jakepaints Junior Member

theres where you went wrong. as ghostface says "run!"

4. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

I enjoyed reading that, i think you shouldn't of have let them take stuff w/o a warrent that way you maybe could of have got rid of it but too late. Kep us updated

5. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

I was under arrest so I couldnt exactly get rid of stuff with officers watching me ;)

6. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

Yeah, true, but if they did come back with a warrant, they have probably already scanned around the room to see what was there, so they would notice if anything were missing. Better jsut to get it done, especially if the cops are being chill.

7. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

Wow they fucked you good in the ass. Do I dare ask how they got your info in the first place?*

edit* Sorry that was a bit rude of me. I know it must suck to get busted.

8. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

you can move out of state depending on the leniency that the judge allows, but, i will tell you this, mose judges will not.

on another note, you can probably get a lawyer to bring down something due to the fact that you were cooperating with the officers.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, IT"S BEEN SAID A MILLION TIMES BEFORE, KEEP YOUR SHIT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!!, OR IF YOU KEEP IT IN YOUR HOUSE, MAKE SURE YOU GOT A NICE HOLE IN THE WALL WHERE IT CANT BE FOUND, IT MIGHT SEEM LIKE A LARGE STEP TO TAKE BUT THE TRUTH IS YOU CAN AND WILL GET FUCKED, IF YOU SHIT IS FOUND.

TYPING IN CAPS LOCK MEANS IM SERIOUS NIGGAS, OH YEA>

9. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Ouch.

Sounds like someone snitched......

10. 455

455 Guest

wacksauce....

11. El Producto

El Producto Senior Member

i thought the story was going to go veeery different after this

anyhow, bad luck about the jail time kev...shit happens

12. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i'm thinking it would be better to stick with the misdemeanors instead of the felony.. you have an attorney right

also, did i see you in Medford or somewhere around there about a month ago?

13. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

Im very curious, how did they get your information/address to begin with? where did you slip up?

14. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

time to lawyer up.
    I would've denied everything.

15. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

maybe he spoke a bit too much in a drunken stupor before beating some new kid in town down who knew where he lived??? its possible, but then there might be additional charges as well..

good luck with that.